• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

so how close will dustin get to finishing tonight?

It's way better than last year, but I find Azinger irritating. I'd rather listen to Curtis.

DJ is looking solid so far, and Lowry is hanging in after a tough start. Garcia is such a good ball striker. He scares me. At least Westwood started choking right away.

Is it me or is it completely stupid to tell a guy we're going to determine whether you're going to get a stroke penalty after the round? I mean it could make a big difference in how a guy decides to play the last hole or 2 depending on whether he's got a 2 stroke lead or 1 stroke lead or tied, etc. The group's walking official already gave his ruling on it anyway, shouldn't that be it?

Is it me or is it completely stupid to tell a guy we're going to determine whether you're going to get a stroke penalty after the round? I mean it could make a big difference in how a guy decides to play the last hole or 2 depending on whether he's got a 2 stroke lead or 1 stroke lead or tied, etc. The group's walking official already gave his ruling on it anyway, shouldn't that be it?

It's why golf's rulings are moronic. They had a ref on the green with him and gave a ruling when it happened. It's over. The ref made a decision.

It's moronic and counterintuitive to allow this to happen in any sport.

It's why golf's rulings are moronic. They had a ref on the green with him and gave a ruling when it happened. It's over. The ref made a decision.

It's moronic and counterintuitive to allow this to happen in any sport.

There is a USGA stooge on there now trying to explain the stupitity.

There is a USGA stooge on there now trying to explain the stupitity.

It would be one thing if there was no ref/judge on the course with him. He asked the guy.

This would be like if tonight's game ended with the 2 point GS win. Them after the game, they reviewed a three that Steph hit and said there was an illegal pick and took the three off the board and then give the Cavs the championship.

It would be one thing if there was no ref/judge on the course with him. He asked the guy.

This would be like if tonight's game ended with the 2 point GS win. Them after the game, they reviewed a three that Steph hit and said there was an illegal pick and took the three off the board and then give the Cavs the championship.

That's not how it works. The on course official doesn't know what happened. DJ likely told him "my ball moved. I didn't cause it. What do I do." The official then tells him what to do in that situation. The on course official is not making a ruling that he did or did not cause the ball to move.

That's not how it works. The on course official doesn't know what happened. DJ likely told him "my ball moved. I didn't cause it. What do I do." The official then tells him what to do in that situation. The on course official is not making a ruling that he did or did not cause the ball to move.

Then what the hell good is he then? The official assigned to that group said it was fine, Westwood said it was fine, but you tell a guy during his round "well you might be -4 instead of -5, but don't worry about it just play."

The person on the with him was the CHAIRMAN of the RULES of GOLF COMMISSION. If he can't make a decision at the time of the play, he shouldn't have his job.

NO SPORT be decided AFTER the game is finished. It's absurd and there is no logic to it.

The person on the with him was the CHAIRMAN of the RULES of GOLF COMMISSION. If he can't make a decision at the time of the play, he shouldn't have his job.

NO SPORT be decided AFTER the game is finished. It's absurd and there is no logic to it.

Yeah it'd be like telling the Warriors tonight in the 2nd half, well you've got 80 points right now, but you might really only have 79.

He's making his ruling based solely on DJ saying he didn't cause it to move. Looking at the replay, what did cause it to move if not DJ's putter? It's plausible it could be a spike mark under the ball or the ball was on the edge of a footprint, etc. DJ needs to have the presence of mind to say that could have caused it, because if he doesn't have a plausible reason he's going to get the penalty. The ball moved. Something caused it to move. It wasn't wind. It was either DJ or another excusable factor.

He wasn't standing right over the ball, so he didn't see what happened. It sucks, but it's not the on course official's fault.

For the record, I think this is all complete bullshit because some armchair dickhead wanted to look at the high def video. The USGA already has enough of an image problem...

Back