• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

anw0LXiY.jpeg

blogs-the-loop-assets_c-2015-07-holly-sonders-golf-digest-photos-5-thumb-560x389-159315.jpg

Jack's telling the USGA guy, if you'd had tried that shit on me I would've ended you.

He's making his ruling based solely on DJ saying he didn't cause it to move. Looking at the replay, what did cause it to move if not DJ's putter? It's plausible it could be a spike mark under the ball or the ball was on the edge of a footprint, etc. DJ needs to have the presence of mind to say that could have caused it, because if he doesn't have a plausible reason he's going to get the penalty. The ball moved. Something caused it to move. It wasn't wind. It was either DJ or another excusable factor.

Have to say LK, I'm pretty surprised to hear this line of thinking from you. There are thousands of fans running around, roads, cars, train tracks, etc... As a player you know when your club is hovering in the air and has been for a second or two that you didn't make a ball move.

These USGA donks are so quick to tout the sportsmanship of the players and how most penalties are self-assessed on tour, but when it comes down to a call where the player is the one with the most information, they start second-guessing them.

It's easy to say no big deal now that DJ won anyway, but that seriously fucked up the end of the US Open. The rumors running through all the players very likely had something to do with the sketchy play down the stretch. Players tweeting and posting all over the place roasting the USGA for that crap.

Part of me still thinks they're going to take away the trophy tomorrow after someone reviews every shot in slow motion overnight.

Two USGA stooges on right now. Now those are 2 guys who need to get a life and get laid.

Last edited:
Fuck Fox for putting these USGA morons on the air.

I know, they shouldn't told them them they'd had enough air time today already and to go stick their noses back in their rule books.

The thing that is ridiculous is that the rule book and decisions basically say weight of the evidence/more likely than not. If the ball moved forward, it would have been more likely than not, but moving backwards, I don't see how they can say it's more likely than not that DJ caused the ball to move.

Have to say LK, I'm pretty surprised to hear this line of thinking from you. There are thousands of fans running around, roads, cars, train tracks, etc... As a player you know when your club is hovering in the air and has been for a second or two that you didn't make a ball move.

These USGA donks are so quick to tout the sportsmanship of the players and how most penalties are self-assessed on tour, but when it comes down to a call where the player is the one with the most information, they start second-guessing them.

It's easy to say no big deal now that DJ won anyway, but that seriously fucked up the end of the US Open. The rumors running through all the players very likely had something to do with the sketchy play down the stretch. Players tweeting and posting all over the place roasting the USGA for that crap.

Part of me still thinks they're going to take away the trophy tomorrow after someone reviews every shot in slow motion overnight.

I think you misunderstood my post. I was trying to say why the USGA was going through the process and what DJ had to do to avoid them giving them the penalty they clearly had already concluded. And I was right, they had made up their mind that DJ had caused the ball to move (erroneously IMO) and he needed to be able to convince them otherwise. His word that he didn't do it was meaningless to them.

The bottom line is that the USGA just said the word of the player, his playing partner, and the walking referee are worthless in the face of inconclusive high def video. Unreal the precedent that was set here.

The thing that is ridiculous is that the rule book and decisions basically say weight of the evidence/more likely than not. If the ball moved forward, it would have been more likely than not, but moving backwards, I don't see how they can say it's more likely than not that DJ caused the ball to move.

They're roasting the USGA.

The 2 USGA stooges are going to be on set with Brandel, Frank and Duval, should be interesting.

Back