• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

The ruling body on this side of the ocean for a game I love has made themselves look completely incompetent, the USGA should've just gone home instead of letting these clowns go on TV and try to explain that farce.

It's a bunch of amateurs running a professional tournament.

I think you misunderstood my post. I was trying to say why the USGA was going through the process and what DJ had to do to avoid them giving them the penalty they clearly had already concluded. And I was right, they had made up their mind that DJ had caused the ball to move (erroneously IMO) and he needed to be able to convince them otherwise. His word that he didn't do it was meaningless to them.

The bottom line is that the USGA just said the word of the player, his playing partner, and the walking referee are worthless in the face of inconclusive high def video. Unreal the precedent that was set here.

I was referring to this comment and the rest of this post: "He's making his ruling based solely on DJ saying he didn't cause it to move. Looking at the replay, what did cause it to move if not DJ's putter?" and your following comments that seemed to support their interpretation.

The USGA handled it horribly - that much is inarguable. But they're also just wrong. Watching a video gives them much less information than DJ experienced in the moment. Basically he said he absolutely did not cause the ball to move. They took it upon themselves to look at a video and use that to say he was wrong.

DJ couldn't say it any better. He knows he didn't do anything that should incur a penalty, end of story.

Paulina for sure. Holly wears an abundance of makeup and she's with that douche Kuselias.

Newsflash to the USGA: when greens that were built when the greens rolled at a 7 on the stimp get triple rolled so they can roll at a 14, goofy shit is going to happen on the greens.

Last edited:
Newsflash to the USGA: when greens that were built when the greens rolled at a 7 on the stimp get triple rolled so they can roll at a 14, goofy shit is going to happen on the greens.

And the thing is, the greens never really got as hard as they wanted. Can you imagine if it had been hot and dry all week?

USGA looks ridiculous here. No one had a better view than DJ and the video was totally inconclusive. They said the ball "more likely than not" moved because he took practice swings near the ball. Well who doesn't, and why would that cause the ball to move here as opposed to the 99.99999999% of the time when the ball doesn't move during a practice swing?

The ruling body on this side of the ocean for a game I love has made themselves look completely incompetent, the USGA should've just gone home instead of letting these clowns go on TV and try to explain that farce.

I've watched the incident on replay multiple times. The USGA would have maintained some shred of credibility had it simply said it was further investigating the ruling and would provide comment in the near future.
Trotting those two yahoos out in front of the camera trying to justify a horrible ruling made the USGA appear borderline incompetent.

Last edited:
Did not know the head of the USGA was a chick. Maybe that explains everything.

Things like this are probably why only crusty old white guys play golf.

USGA looks ridiculous here. No one had a better view than DJ and the video was totally inconclusive. They said the ball "more likely than not" moved because he took practice swings near the ball. Well who doesn't, and why would that cause the ball to move here as opposed to the 99.99999999% of the time when the ball doesn't move during a practice swing?

Chamblee asked the USGA stooges that. He said "have you ever seen practice strokes where the putter never touched the ball cause it to move?" He said he hadn't and stooge 1 & 2 both dodged the question.

I've watched the incident on replay multiple times. The USGA would have maintained some shred of credibility had it simply said it was further investigating the ruling and would provide comment in the near future.
Trotting those two yahoos out in front of the camera trying to justify a horrible ruling made the USGA appear borderline incompetent.

Exactly, the USGA should've taken a deep sigh of relief that DJ won and it didn't matter and issued some kind of statement about it in fine print a month from now. Nobilo looked at at those guys like they had 2 heads, Chamblee was having to bite his lip to keep from going off, and Duval didn't even stay on set for it. He called it "bogus" when he came back on set after the stooges had left.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/e...e-usga-messed-up-the-u-s--open-032533598.html

If it's not already evident, the last part of that article proves the USGA is made up of abunch of goobs with an inflated self of self worth, who can't play the game at a high enough level to mean anything, so they become rule nerds. I mean I'm all for playing by the rules, but they completely blew this. He shouldn't have gotten a penalty to begin with, it should've been over after he called Westwood and the walking official over after the ball moved, after the USGA donk in the trailer with the TV monitor watched it in slo-mo about a thousand times and decided it should be reviewed-they should've made a decision then and there and let DJ know like Nicklaus said, and they shouldn't have sent out stooge 1 & 2 to try to defend the mess they created. The USGA blew it from start to finish.

Last edited:
This was messed up but USGA officials are far superior to the PGA's and many of them are very good players. Try taking the rules test sometime if you think it's easy.

This was messed up but USGA officials are far superior to the PGA's and many of them are very good players. Try taking the rules test sometime if you think it's easy.

I don't think it's easy at all, what I do think is easy is to use some common sense, which was completely avoided by the USGA yesterday.

Are there tensions between the USGA and the PGA? If so, this will make it worse.

Yes, there has always been a rivalry of sorts (different missions, contituents, agendas) but I don't think this incident changes anything. PGA officials are fully capable of screwing up on their own.

When you guys are referring to "the PGA" are you referring to the Professional Golfers of America (PGA), which is basically the trade group of the club pros and the group that puts on the PGA Championship and Ryder Cup, or the PGA Tour? They are totally different organizations.

When you guys are referring to "the PGA" are you referring to the Professional Golfers of America (PGA), which is basically the trade group of the club pros and the group that puts on the PGA Championship and Ryder Cup, or the PGA Tour? They are totally different organizations.

In my post I was referring to PGA "Tour" officials.

Back