Page 2 of 234 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast

Thread: PGA Tour 2021 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DCDeac View Post
    Kinda fun watching these guys play in tough conditions.

I liked the 3 wood from 226 he flushed, they were like, oh what a shot, this is on a great line if it makes it. 25 yards short of the bunker in front of the green.
    I just flipped it on, not often you see guys shooting those kind of rounds in regular tour events, brutal conditions.
    boorish ruffian

Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    In other news, Branden Grace won in Qatar this a.m. Dude had a great year last year and is off to a good start again. If it's windy at Troon, I like his chances.
    He's historically a very fast starter and racks up wins early in the year. I agree that he has major championship game.

whats the story with the finish here?

How the eff was Sneds like -3 or 4 on his back 9 yesterday? Was he holing 40 yard chips repeatedly?

Too bad for him the leaders didn't finish yesterday. He'd have won easily.

well he won anyway

That's a loss in a playoff and a win for Snedeker already this season.

That final round for him will easily be the best round on tour this year compared to field scoring average. He beat the field by 10 shots.

And Kyle Reifers played pretty well in the bad conditions so he moved up to a T31. He has been making cuts regularly, just needs one more top 10 and a top 25 or two to be assured of keeping his tour card for another year. The competition out there is brutal but he has been making progress every year. Good for him.

Sneds only one under par at -3. Only one player was even. All others over. For Sunday round, that is.

this playoff is pretty exciting. both players birdied 18 three times in a row

Actually, they went birdie-par-birdie, but you're right. Great playoff. Ricky looking to be in a bad spot on the third playoff hole, though.

i cant remember seeing such clutch putting

Overpaid Wax Extractor
    Why does Rickie insist on hitting a wood on that hole? In his career he's hit in the water nine times. Bunt a 5 iron out there and throw a lob wedge to ten feet. His short game and putting are awesome. His driving accuracy, at least on that hole, sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by BacktoBack View Post
    Why does Rickie insist on hitting a wood on that hole? In his career he's hit in the water nine times. Bunt a 5 iron out there and throw a lob wedge to ten feet. His short game and putting are awesome. His driving accuracy, at least on that hole, sucks.
    No problem with accuracy today - he just hit too solid and ultimately too long.

Overpaid Wax Extractor
    Except in the playoff when he yanked it into the water

Except in the playoff when he yanked it into the water
    Yeah, that was a duck hook. You could tell on shot tracker when the ball was in the air that it was wet.

I only saw the first hole of the play-off. They ended up back at 17 and Fowler drove it into water off the tee?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Boy View Post
    I only saw the first hole of the play-off. They ended up back at 17 and Fowler drove it into water off the tee?
    Yes. Dropped down to five wood and snapped it into the water left of the green.

You play to win in playoffs. In regulation I agree with the layup, but not in sudden death.

Overpaid Wax Extractor
    I'd buy that. But two shot lead with two to play should be safe. You make two pars and force the other guy to go birdie birdie to tie. His overly aggressive play in regulation likely cost him the win.

Matsuyama has game, but he's unbearable to watch. Soooo slow.