• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Reed locked up a RC spot today with the win. Do you take Ricky after that 4 over performance today to finish T7? Actually he was 3 over on the day but 4 over after he got to -10.

Last edited:
Fowler still had a good tournament. Love should take 9-12 unless any of them totally bomb out over the next 3 events. Or, open it up to Furyk and Haas if one of them wins. Piercy, no way.

Yes, you still take Ricky. It is still obvious - take the next 4. It's a long track, and you could really use Bubba and JB. And Kucher has been playing well this Summer.

The funny thing is I find myself not being as much of a US team homer this year as I've been in years past. Used to despise the Euros in the 90s to early 00s. But Clarke has always been 1 of my favorites, and I have never liked DL3. Add to that I'm no fan of Bubba, Reed or Ricky, and most of the Euros are likeable folks. I'll probably still root for us once it starts, but if we lose, it won't sting anywhere near as hard as it used to. Although at least Na isn't on our squad.

And Clarke is crazy if he doesn't pick Pieters. I know he has a lot of RC rookies, but Pieters has game, is hot and is quite long.

Yes, you still take Ricky. It is still obvious - take the next 4. It's a long track, and you could really use Bubba and JB. And Kucher has been playing well this Summer.

The funny thing is I find myself not being as much of a US team homer this year as I've been in years past. Used to despise the Euros in the 90s to early 00s. But Clarke has always been 1 of my favorites, and I have never liked DL3. Add to that I'm no fan of Bubba, Reed or Ricky, and most of the Euros are likeable folks. I'll probably still root for us once it starts, but if we lose, it won't sting anywhere near as hard as it used to. Although at least Na isn't on our squad.

And Clarke is crazy if he doesn't pick Pieters. I know he has a lot of RC rookies, but Pieters has game, is hot and is quite long.

All reports are that he is going to take basically the opposite of Peters in Luke Donald...they took Donald of the betting at the British books. So, would be Donald, Kaymer, Westwood.

I agree with Kaymer and Westwood. Ain't no way I'd take Donald's short ass driver on that layout when Pieters is 40 yards longer off the tee and is playing way better than Donald of late. But maybe DL3 will do Clarke the favor of picking Furyk over JB. Then they can pair Furyk and Donald together on Sunday in the short, has been match of the day.

Donald over not just Pieters but Knox and Lowery would be a pretty big stunner for sure.

For the record, Knox has duel citizenship and can play for the US.

For the record, Knox has duel citizenship and can play for the US.

That would be funny if we picked him. While I thought Pieters was the most obvious captain's pick, you could have made an argument for Knox over Westwood based on recent play.

The thought of Westwood putting and chipping under pressure has to delight the the US team.

The thought of Westwood putting and chipping under pressure has to delight the the US team.

All those guys play so much better in the Ryder Cup then they do as individuals tho...

Garcia: 16-8-4
Westwood: 18-13-6
Monty: 20-9-7
Donald: 8-2-1
Poulter...

All known for not being able to get it done, but the Ryder Cup rolls around....

Last edited:
All those guys play so much better in the Ryder Cup then they do as individuals tho...

Garcia: 16-8-4
Westwood: 18-13-6
Monty: 20-9-7
Donald: 8-2-1
Poulter...

All known for not being able to get it done, but the Ryder Cup rolls around....

I don't know what's more frustrating about recent Ryder Cups--their guys turning into fucking monsters or our guys wilting under the pressure.

I don't know what's more frustrating about recent Ryder Cups--their guys turning into fucking monsters or our guys wilting under the pressure.

I'll one up both of those and say some of the rosters we've thrown out there. The curb stomping in 2006.

Woods, Phil, Furyk and then woof.........

Campbell, Toms, DiMarco, Vaugh Taylor, JJ Henry, ZJ, Wetterich, Cink, Verplank

Why is it the same motherfuckers who complain that the Americans always lose the Ryder Cup are the same motherfuckers who are always bitching when President Obama goes out and plays golf in an effort to inspire more great golfing in the USA !?!?!?

Why is it the same motherfuckers who complain that the Americans always lose the Ryder Cup are the same motherfuckers who are always bitching when President Obama goes out and plays golf in an effort to inspire more great golfing in the USA !?!?!?

When Barack finds out the Ryder Cup is only open to the USA and Europe he's going to be pissed. How could Ebrahim Nouri and the rest of Iran's players be left out.

Check out some of the Euro tourney in Switzerland this weekend. Some really amazing views on that course.

why doesnt nbc show this final round live? i know you can watch it live on the golf channel live app but still

Played early to beat the weather?

Yeah. I stayed away from the scores and watched the tape delay this afternoon. I like Rory, Casey and Walker, so nice to see them do well. Rory had an incredible round in windy conditions for the come from behind win. The NBC folks were talking about how well he was putting, but he missed a few makeable putts. Could have been an incredible round - he had his A game, which we haven't seen in a while.

Back