• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Kind of incredible to watch a guy who reached #1 in the world to abandon how he putted to get there. Little bit Tiger-like in that regard, just with putting instead of swing mechanics.

Ditch putter, change grip, change grip even more to cross-handed, experiment with counterweight putters, lose putting stroke completely, go back to original putter grip, possibly win FedEx Cup. Go figure.

Kind of incredible to watch a guy who reached #1 in the world to abandon how he putted to get there. Little bit Tiger-like in that regard, just with putting instead of swing mechanics.

Ditch putter, change grip, change grip even more to cross-handed, experiment with counterweight putters, lose putting stroke completely, go back to original putter grip, possibly win FedEx Cup. Go figure.

Catch fire just in time for Ryder Cup. :mad:

I hope Ryan Moore gets some love for a captain's pick. He's had 3 top 10's, including a win, in his last 4 events.

PGA Tour 2016 Thread

I'd love Russell Knox as a pick for us. How sweet would that be? Create some good fodder for discussion

It would never happen with DL3 aka Mr Conservative at the helm..but would make for an interesting week

It would never happen with DL3 aka Mr Conservative at the helm..but would make for an interesting week

I'm starting to get the feeling that he isn't making the picks so much as the "task force" is for him. At least I hope that's the case.

I'm starting to get the feeling that he isn't making the picks so much as the "task force" is for him. At least I hope that's the case.

Tiger is apparently really into the picks the way the Love has it set up.

Each Vice-Captain will get 4 golfers to manage and Tiger has been texting him for 2-3 months about who he wants on his squad

Phil, Zach and who else?

Ooh, that's fun.

I'm guessing Tiger would want Spieth, DJ, Reed and one of the captain's picks. Maybe Fowler?

If they truly go with pods again, and empower the other players in the pod and vice captain to pick a player, then it's tough to see how Bubba would get picked.

Tiger is apparently really into the picks the way the Love has it set up.

Each Vice-Captain will get 4 golfers to manage and Tiger has been texting him for 2-3 months about who he wants on his squad

Furyk is a vice captain too. "I'm gonna recommend me."

Furyk is a vice captain too. "I'm gonna recommend me."

I forgot about that. With DL3 as captain, Tiger & Furyk as vice captains and Mickelson on the squad, we're doomed.

BTW, does anyone like or root for DL3 generally? Seems like he's golf royalty, but he comes across as standoffish and stuck up, and he buttons his top button and went to UNC, so I've never rooted for the guy. From that American 1990s generation, he and Azinger are the 2 guys who got on my nerves as somewhat pretentious know it alls. Lehman was the 1 guy from that generation who I rooted for the hardest. Kinda liked Couples and O'Meara too.

I forgot about that. With DL3 as captain, Tiger & Furyk as vice captains and Mickelson on the squad, we're doomed.

BTW, does anyone like or root for DL3 generally? Seems like he's golf royalty, but he comes across as standoffish and stuck up, and he buttons his top button and went to UNC, so I've never rooted for the guy. From that American 1990s generation, he and Azinger are the 2 guys who got on my nerves as somewhat pretentious know it alls. Lehman was the 1 guy from that generation who I rooted for the hardest. Kinda liked Couples and O'Meara too.

Couples seems like the most likeable of those guys, in a IDGAF kind of way. I loved his runs at the Masters.

Tiger's comin back doe

I hope he was smart about it this time and has waited till he's completely healthy and has practiced enough that he isn't yip chipping when he does come back. For such a smart guy, he handled his last comeback incredibly stupidly.

I hope he was smart about it this time and has waited till he's completely healthy and has practiced enough that he isn't yip chipping when he does come back. For such a smart guy, he handled his last comeback incredibly stupidly.

Speaking of nerves and full swing yips.......

The Golf Channel showed a replay of his past 4 outings where he had a few swings from the simulator to the chunks into the water. From meh, to ok, to good, to woof...

Always liked Couples and Zinger. Never cared for DL3 due to his UNC ties. Apathetic about Lehman - seems nice.

Are the first three captain's picks supposed to be announced at a particular time today?

Back