• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Moore hasnt always swung like that. He hurt his wrist a while back and that was the only way to make a swing without pain. Once the wrist healed, he kept the swing as-is.

He lost some distance because of it too.

Moore has a bit of a chip on his shoulder, which is a good thing.

Don't get it. If everyone hates him, wtf indeed. Seems like the worst of all worlds.

Yeah, definitely odd on the face of it. But Bubba does get into USA events and enthusiastically went to Rio this year and loves the RC. So I guess I get it from that perspective. But we definitely have the odder grouping of personalities of the 2 teams - Bubba, Reed, Furyk, Tiger and Phil disliking each other, and of course the Walker/DJ dynamic. I've always rooted strongly for the US in this event, and have been furious every time we've lost. But you add our team dynamic to my always disliking DL3 and Clarke being 1 of my favorite players, and I'm close to being on the fence this time around and don't care as much about the result as I do seeing some great golf in a good venue.

I am with you. In my case it makes it easier to just enjoy the golf and not get too caught up in who wins. Appreciate the great shots on both sides and the way they deal with the pressure.

I love my country but I have always hated all the USA USA crap. It is a golf tournament for crying out loud.

I am with you. In my case it makes it easier to just enjoy the golf and not get too caught up in who wins. Appreciate the great shots on both sides and the way they deal with the pressure.

I love my country but I have always hated all the USA USA crap. It is a golf tournament for crying out loud.

I"m with you on this one.

No Laying Up ‏@NoLayingUp 1m1 minute ago Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reed walked into a team meeting Sunday and told Love that he's playing all 5 matches, and he's only playing with Spieth. Not making this up.

Reed walked into a team meeting Sunday and told Love that he's playing all 5 matches, and he's only playing with Spieth. Not making this up.

If you're Love, you reply by saying I love your enthusiasm, and I may play you all 5 if you are playing great, but I'll be the 1 to make that determination. As to Spieth, that was 1 of our best teams last time around, so I'm probably pairing both of them Fri morning and afternoon anyway and seeing where to go with it from there. I mean, it would be crazy not to pair them together and give them 2 tries on the 1st day. And Love probably realizes that.

Even though I don't like Love, he at least seems like a bright enough guy. If it were Hal Sutton as captain, he'd probably pair Walker and DJ 4 times together the 1st 2 days.

Bubba vice captain? Wtf leave that dude at home

Seriously. If Bubba was liked, he would have been picked for the team, despite the poor form this year. Bubba is probably pissed he is Top 10 in the world and didn't make the team. DL3 obviously invited all of his ex-girlfriends to his wedding.

Perhaps being left off the team is the wake up call Bubba needed, but I am skeptical he will be a positive influence this week.

Seriously. If Bubba was liked, he would have been picked for the team, despite the poor form this year. Bubba is probably pissed he is Top 10 in the world and didn't make the team. DL3 obviously invited all of his ex-girlfriends to his wedding.

Perhaps being left off the team is the wake up call Bubba needed, but I am skeptical he will be a positive influence this week.

If Bubba hasn't achieved any level of introspection to date in his life (especially after last year's poll that showed he and Reed were the 2 most unpopular players on tour), how do you think he's going to start now?

Also, what did y'all think of Mickelson griping about the set-up at East Lake, saying that it wasn't a good prep for Hazeltine? Should East Lake plant a different type of grass every other year depending on the RC set-up? I get his point to an extent, but the Euros were also playing the same course - at least the 1s who made it that far. And I have every reason to believe that Rory, who won last week, will be difficult to beat this week.

Correct response #1: You got it. (Assuming Spieth was on board)
Correct response #2: You got it. Unless you lose. Then we'll see.

That team could rack up points for a decade. Reed could absolutely turn into the American Poulter.

Correct response #1: You got it. (Assuming Spieth was on board)
Correct response #2: You got it. Unless you lose. Then we'll see.

That team could rack up points for a decade. Reed could absolutely turn into the American Poulter.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Spieth really doesn't care all that much for Reed? They pair well, but I just get the sense that Spieth is thinking "this fucking asshole again..."

Brandel being Brandel on the Ryder Cup preview getting into it with Duval on leadership

reed-spieth-ryder-cup.jpg

I don't want to see Jordan/Pat and DJ/Brooks... I NEED to see it.

Back