• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Have to be. They have 6 rookies plus Westwood and Kaymer have sucked eggs.
I don't see Europe getting there, and I think Eu could easily win the 1st 4 matches.

Euros are completely front-loaded tomorrow.

They have big time problems in the middle with the Moore/Snedeker/Dustin matches. I could see Dustin Johnson clinching the cup for the US tomorrow.

Some media types are really criticizing the crowds for being rude, cheering bad shots by the Euros, etc. This is nothing new but it is escalating, which I think is too bad. That said, it did seem like Rory brought some of it on himself with his antics. If you do that you know it will just ramp up the crowd even more.

When Westwood was taking his putter back on 17 someone from the crowd yelled 'miss it!'. That is pretty poor form. Cheer all you want after the player strikes the ball, but no one should be yelling anything pre-shot or during the shot. They should throw that guy out, and it should probably be addressed by Davis Love as a show of good intentions. During a tournament where you are celebrating Jack Nicklaus conceding a 4 foot putt that could have lost his opponent the match, we should have a little more grace. More volume, more class in my opinion. Sergio and Rori are egging the fans on which doesn't help, but I don't want to see anyone be a jackwagon. Just be loud and cheer after the guy misses the putt, or after your guy makes a great shot. It really isn't that difficult.

When Westwood was taking his putter back on 17 someone from the crowd yelled 'miss it!'. That is pretty poor form. Cheer all you want after the player strikes the ball, but no one should be yelling anything pre-shot or during the shot. They should throw that guy out, and it should probably be addressed by Davis Love as a show of good intentions. During a tournament where you are celebrating Jack Nicklaus conceding a 4 foot putt that could have lost his opponent the match, we should have a little more grace. More volume, more class in my opinion. Sergio and Rori are egging the fans on which doesn't help, but I don't want to see anyone be a jackwagon. Just be loud and cheer after the guy misses the putt, or after your guy makes a great shot. It really isn't that difficult.

Great post, although I thought the yell came on the putt at #18. Maybe there was one at #17, too. Totally disgusting behavior from the fans. And you are right, if Davis Love doesn't forcefully condemn that stuff, he is condoning it by default.

The USA deserves to lose today because of the shitty lack of sportsmanship from its fans. That stuff has no place in the game of golf and totally ruins the entire reason for playing the Ryder Cup in the first place.

At least the guy that told Rory to suck a dick got thrown out.

At least the guy that told Rory to suck a dick got thrown out.

I'm not even sure that the Americans shouldn't have conceded Westwood's putt on #18....particularly considering the distinct possibility that, considering the fans' behavior all day, something like this would happen. That putt couldn't have been more than 2 feet. It's still completely unnerving, though, to be putting before 30,000 people or whatever it was in a completely quiet atmosphere and have someone yell as you take your putter back to make the stroke. Golf is a gentlemen's game. You expect something like that in basketball, but not golf.

If Davis Love & the Americans really wanted to do the right thing, they should condemn the fans and insist that 1/2 point be taken off the scoreboard.

McIlroy and Reed are putting on one hell of a show.

ETA: Actually, there is a lot of great golf being played everywhere today.

Last edited:
The fans are ruining this Ryder Cup...and it's a real shame, because the golfers have been great. I think it has reached the point where some of the Europeans are being tentative and/or rushing putts because of the fear that intentionally disruptive noise is going to be made when they play.

yeah I don't think that's what's happening bkf

Then you need to get the wax out of your ears. McIlroy & Garcia have both had to back off putts more than once because of noise being made while they were addressing the ball. Eventually, you can't concentrate on the shot because it's always in the back of your mind.

Just absolutely terrible, shitty lack of sportsmanship. Real golf fans don't act like that. There must be a lot of basketball, football & hockey fans there.

This must be the first Ryder Cup BKF has watched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fans are ruining this Ryder Cup...and it's a real shame, because the golfers have been great. I think it has reached the point where some of the Europeans are being tentative and/or rushing putts because of the fear that intentionally disruptive noise is going to be made when they play.

Oh FFS...the same shit happens on their side of the pond. Every euro shpuld watch how Sergio and Poulter rubbed their foreskin off on every green after making a put for the last decade.

Hypocritical twats.

Then you need to get the wax out of your ears. McIlroy & Garcia have both had to back off putts more than once because of noise being made while they were addressing the ball. Eventually, you can't concentrate on the shot because it's always in the back of your mind.

Just absolutely terrible, shitty lack of sportsmanship. Real golf fans don't act like that. There must be a lot of basketball, football & hockey fans there.

If Trump was there, what do you think he'd be doing?

Back