• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Oh FFS...the same shit happens on their side of the pond. Every euro shpuld watch how Sergio and Poulter rubbed their foreskin off on every green after making a put for the last decade.

Hypocritical twats.

There is no problem with making noise after the shot. These fans are making noise just before the shot is made.

Sportsmanship taeks aside, Stenson is a damn assassin

Fucking Americans cheering for America !

They are doing much more than just "cheering for America". They've interrupted McIlroy before shots so many times that you can tell his head has been completely screwed up for about the last 5 holes.

Totally shitty fans. Not fans that Americans should be proud of. Really detracts from the great performance of the USA golfers.

In 1999 it was the USA golfers who were the poor sports. This year it is their fans.

Couple things. First, the commentators have talked about this a few times, but the targeted mics have been picking up crowd noise that's not audible to the players. Yes, it's loud and folks are going crazy in this electric atmosphere, but there is still a zero tolerance policy by the million marshals out there. Rory backed off a long putt when a USA chant kicked up from some grandstands on a different hole, and I think Chris Wood had someone yell while he was lining up a putt, but the idea that the fans are screaming "MISS IT" during backswings is bullshit.

Second, there was an interview earlier with Jack Nicklaus about how exuberant the fans are and whether it was over the top. His response was that when he was competing, the US-based Ryder Cups were relatively tame whereas the European ones were nuts. Singing, chanting, picking on players, etc. He pretty much laughed it off as if to say, "you gotta be kidding me that the US fans are to blame for how this Ryder Cup is going..."

Great atmosphere, couple bad moments but overall it's been awesome.

Clarke totally whiffed on the Westwood and Kaymer captains picks, but Pieters has been unstoppable.

Pieters - "I had zero problem with the crowd, they were fantastic."

tricky nbc not showing what the scores are in the remaining matches

They have big time problems in the middle with the Moore/Snedeker/Dustin matches. I could see Dustin Johnson clinching the cup for the US tomorrow.

Dang - Dustin missed his putt to clinch. Ah well, pretty cool that it was the captains pick.

Back