• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Bkf must be in the media room asking some of the questions to the Europe team. Lot of questions about fan behavior.

The first 12 or so holes of that Rory/Reed tilt, especially the final 3 on the front, were electric.

Dang - Dustin missed his putt to clinch. Ah well, pretty cool that it was the captains pick.

Love left his ball in the hole in 93 after holing the winning putt. Moore gave him his ball today.

Love left his ball in the hole in 93 after holing the winning putt. Moore gave him his ball today.

Noticed that Davis retrieved Moore's ball on 18 during the celebration and was like "here, I forgot to get mine" or something like that

The Reed and Fowler wins were pretty amazing.

What happened on the eighth hole between Reed and McElroy was one of the coolest things I have seen in golf. Rory drains a 50 foot putt. Almost anyone else is so stunned he can't handle it. Rory goads the crowd. Reed slams in his right on top of Rory. Then tells Rory to sssh and Rory is smiling in appreciation of Reed birdieing right on top of him. Crowd going nuts. They both laugh and walk off the green patting each other on the back. Golf at its finest.

They are doing much more than just "cheering for America". They've interrupted McIlroy before shots so many times that you can tell his head has been completely screwed up for about the last 5 holes.

Totally shitty fans. Not fans that Americans should be proud of. Really detracts from the great performance of the USA golfers.

In 1999 it was the USA golfers who were the poor sports. This year it is their fans.

Tuna seem skittish, bob. I'd change baits and go to the outriggers.

What happened on the eighth hole between Reed and McElroy was one of the coolest things I have seen in golf. Rory drains a 50 foot putt. Almost anyone else is so stunned he can't handle it. Rory goads the crowd. Reed slams in his right on top of Rory. Then tells Rory to sssh and Rory is smiling in appreciation of Reed birdieing right on top of him. Crowd going nuts. They both laugh and walk off the green patting each other on the back. Golf at its finest.

Agree. Probably coolest non clenching moment I have ever seen in match play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah - not only was that entire front 9 some of the best match play ever televised in golf, but Reed's comments afterward were solid. His history of being a complete and total asshole is pretty well chronicled. There's no way the Patrick Reed of 5 years ago talks about the entire Ryder Cup family and wanting both teams to play their best golf, etc.

Gotta hand it to Davis and the Ryder Cup committee or whatever they were called. Pairings were fantastic all week, they had a strategy and stuck to it. Didn't get rattled by stuff like the first JB Holmes performance that he followed up with 7 birdies right after. Great all around.

gty_612074690_85710801.jpg

That was without a doubt some of the most entertaining, riveting and clutch match play golf I've ever watched. Brookline and Medinah were incredible for their epic comebacks but this one was actually much closer than the final score would indicate. The Euros played very well for the most part on Sunday (even Westwood played relatively well after that epic choke on Saturday evening) and really made the Americans work for the points. What great theater all weekend long -- although the crowd did get a bit too unruly at times, but I feel like that was balanced by the US's efforts to police shenanigans, quite the crowd when necc and generally show the Euros that they were looking out for them. And both teams displayed great sportsmanship on Sunday, graceful throughout. And hats off to the Euros for handling the defeat with such aplomb and class, never easy after 3 days of grueling, nerve-fraying match play.

And thank God we finally did the damn thing! Wooo! USA!!

What happened to his model girlfriend, did they splitsville?

Best I can tell he's got a few of them. Just enjoying his celebrity and living the life. Not tied down to one at the moment. Lucky Bastard

Was out of town for the weekend. Watched most of Sat and caught the replay of yesterday's singles on replay last night before falling asleep in the middle. That front 9 with Rory and Reed was some of the most amazing golf I've ever seen - and loved their smiles and fist bumps after they hit their bombs on 8. I also wouldn't mind seeing a RC where the matches were just Rory/Pieters v. DJ/Koepke and Spieth/Reed v. Stenson/Rose.

The major takeaway is that you can't hide 6 golfers. My only criticism of Clarke is that he should have played RCB more. The guy has had a great year and was 1 of the better Euros going into this thing, so with the weaker team, I would have gone in planning on playing him 4-5 times. But 4 of his RC rookies were no-shows, and Westwood and Kaymer were atrocious. Westwood is done. Kaymer is a funny player. I don't remember a multiple major winner who goes through the dry spells like Kaymer does. He had that collapse in the UAE last year and wasn't heard from the rest of the year. I wasn't expecting much from Wood, Sullivan or Fitzpatrick, and they didn't disappoint. Was surprised Willett sucked, but he went in with some bad karma from his brother, and he seemed affected by that. They need a talent infusion if they want to win on American soil in 4 years. Their top 6 guys played great and were in some epic matches, but their bottom 6 sucked horribly. I'm thinking guys like Beef, Lowry, Levy, Dubuisson, Noren and Wiesberger need to step it up and take some of these guys' places. Speaking of Dubuisson, WTF has happened to him? He looked like he was turning into a star but has dropped into oblivion. Maybe he's friends with Anthony Kim.

Our only player who sucked was Moore. Was hot and was supposed to be a good match play guy, but he gave JB no assistance and only got a freebie point by drawing Westwood on Sunday. Loved the Spieth/Reed team even more than 2 years ago, and loved the DJ/Koepka pairing for 4ball. And as I said going into this thing, Reed may be 1 of the most disliked players on tour, may have been a cheater in college and may have strange family issues, but you gotta love him in this event. He'll be a stalwart on the team for the next decade plus. And if this is any sign as to how these guys will handle the majors, you gotta think Reed, Pieters and Koepka will win at least a major or 2.

Was out of town for the weekend. Watched most of Sat and caught the replay of yesterday's singles on replay last night before falling asleep in the middle. That front 9 with Rory and Reed was some of the most amazing golf I've ever seen - and loved their smiles and fist bumps after they hit their bombs on 8. I also wouldn't mind seeing a RC where the matches were just Rory/Pieters v. DJ/Koepke and Spieth/Reed v. Stenson/Rose.

The major takeaway is that you can't hide 6 golfers. My only criticism of Clarke is that he should have played RCB more. The guy has had a great year and was 1 of the better Euros going into this thing, so with the weaker team, I would have gone in planning on playing him 4-5 times. But 4 of his RC rookies were no-shows, and Westwood and Kaymer were atrocious. Westwood is done. Kaymer is a funny player. I don't remember a multiple major winner who goes through the dry spells like Kaymer does. He had that collapse in the UAE last year and wasn't heard from the rest of the year. I wasn't expecting much from Wood, Sullivan or Fitzpatrick, and they didn't disappoint. Was surprised Willett sucked, but he went in with some bad karma from his brother, and he seemed affected by that. They need a talent infusion if they want to win on American soil in 4 years. Their top 6 guys played great and were in some epic matches, but their bottom 6 sucked horribly. I'm thinking guys like Beef, Lowry, Levy, Dubuisson, Noren and Wiesberger need to step it up and take some of these guys' places. Speaking of Dubuisson, WTF has happened to him? He looked like he was turning into a star but has dropped into oblivion. Maybe he's friends with Anthony Kim.

Our only player who sucked was Moore. Was hot and was supposed to be a good match play guy, but he gave JB no assistance and only got a freebie point by drawing Westwood on Sunday. Loved the Spieth/Reed team even more than 2 years ago, and loved the DJ/Koepka pairing for 4ball. And as I said going into this thing, Reed may be 1 of the most disliked players on tour, may have been a cheater in college and may have strange family issues, but you gotta love him in this event. He'll be a stalwart on the team for the next decade plus. And if this is any sign as to how these guys will handle the majors, you gotta think Reed, Pieters and Koepka will win at least a major or 2.

Kaymer has been fucked in the head ever since he switched from hitting a cut to trying to hit a draw just to win at Augusta. He has since gone back and forth a few times iirc

Moore didn't realize he was playing at the Ryder Cup until halfway thru Saturday. That's the issue with picking someone the Sunday before the cup.

cville, why do you love the DJ/Koepka pairing so much? They were the only American team to lose Saturday afternoon and their score didn't beat any other American team during that session. Koepka was amazing with Snedeker. DJ was the only US player to go into Sunday with a losing record.

cville, why do you love the DJ/Koepka pairing so much? They were the only American team to lose Saturday afternoon and their score didn't beat any other American team during that session. Koepka was amazing with Snedeker. DJ was the only US player to go into Sunday with a losing record.

Too much Redd's at lunchtime for the Bash Bros. They'll party hard afterwards next time.

CsZEfh1XgAAfF2c.jpg

Back