• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Some people speculated that he pulled out of the Napa tournament because he was to be paired with Phil. Seems like just speculation though.

I think Tiger's very candid self-assessment of the state of his game should have put that rumor to rest. He pretty clearly withdrew becuase his game wasnt ready.

And I doubt it is "ready" now, but maybe this is more like an exhibition for him--playing competitively but with as little pressure as there can ever be when he is in the field.

Watching the Golf Channel right now:

Almost anyone on any program:

"Tiger. Tiger, tiger tiger tiger woods tiger tiger. Woods tiger Tiger, Woods woods woods. Tiger Woods. Tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger tiger. Woods wood Tiger Tiger Tiger."

Brandel Chamblee:

"Disagree."

Woods being good is good for golf. 7 under 2nd round right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Woods being good is good for golf. 7 under 2nd round right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Yup. If it weren't for those two bad swings coming in for doubles yesterday, he'd be -10 headed into the weekend. Bogey free day, pretty impressive. Bet he's enjoying using his old Cameron again.

Never been a Tiger fan, but I hope he gets his game back to a point he can contend for wins again. Much more interesting when he's playing (even if we do have to suffer through seeing everyone one of his shots no matter how far out of the lead).

HE'S BACK BABY!!!!!!! Tiger haters get ready!

Thank god we don't have to pretend like we are actually entertained by ultra rube donk Jordan Spieth, or try to convince ourselves that Bubba Watson isn't actually a terrible person. Let's go tiger, Make Golf Great Again.

Amazing what can happen when you arent forced to play Nike clubs

Amazing what can happen when you arent forced to play Nike clubs

Except, like, all of his irons and wedges. More like when you aren't forced to use Nike putters... Just ask Rory...

Except, like, all of his irons and wedges. More like when you aren't forced to use Nike putters... Just ask Rory...

New driver and new ball. Sometimes you just need to see something different. He's actually drawing the ball again, instead of that dinky hold off safety fade he was rolling with the last few years. I think his confidence is probably exploding after today, which for any golfer is a great thing.

I never thought I'd be a fan, but Tiger has almost become a sympathetic figure to me at this stage. Him becoming an elite player again for the next handful of years would be great for the game as it works on the next set of TV contracts, etc.

I was being a little sarcastic, although the clubs that have given him the biggest trouble the last few years are driver and putter. Both replaced.

If you are Tiger or Rory (or Speith, DJ and other top players), why would you sign a contract that required you to have every club in the bag one brand? $ I know, but the manufacturers want you playing their irons and woods. You should have flexibility to negotiate certain outs if not happy. I guess you trust that they can come up with a putter, driver, wedge etc you like.

I'll be interested to see if these Nike guys are allowed more than one logo going forward. If Tiger goes Taylor Made, will they want him to have a TM logo somewhere on his Nike clothes/hat?

I was being a little sarcastic, although the clubs that have given him the biggest trouble the last few years are driver and putter. Both replaced.

Yeah I wasn't trying to be overly snarky. Yesterday his driver was terrible though - his irons have been money both days. Driver was better today but partially because he didn't hit it as often - leaned on 3 wood more.

That Scotty though - he's putted it great. Even his misses look good. Would have been real easy, especially playing by himself, to go play a quiet 18 and get off the golf course. Instead he was competitive, focused, gave a couple fist pumps... Only 2 guys beat him today.

That being said I play an M1, and the M2 is also ridiculously good. Looking forward to the Cally Epic release though.

Part of me would really like to see Tiger contend for a few more majors before he's done. It truly would be an epic story.

As someone who has always been a Phil fan and rooted for him against Tiger going way back I am so happy to see Tiger playing really well again. I know it's just one week but it's soooooo much more fun when he's playing at a high level. Great for the game and for spectators around the world. Hope he keeps it up. All the interviews that have come out recently really feel like he's been humbled by all of this and even by the outpouring of support from the other tour pros. The stories from the Ryder Cup have been great. Spieth had some good stuff on the No Laying Up podcast this week if you haven't listened to it. Looks good so far, and i'm glad hes back with the Scotty that he won 13 of the 14 majors with. Should bring some comfort.... Keep up it Big Cat!

He looks like he has lost a few lbs. Doesn't look as juiced up.

FIFY. But yeah, nice to see Tiger playing well, even though I've never been a fan either. Hope he finally took enough time off to make sure he's healthy again.

That said, I actually prefer the tournament in South Africa in the Kruger wildlife park to the Bahamas tourney. Cool looking layout plus the elephants. And Schwartzel is near the lead again. Half his wins are at this place.

Back