Page 6 of 234 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: PGA Tour 2021 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Victor Dubuisson with as big a hissy fit as I've ever seen a pro pitch on the golf course. Breaking clubs, slamming them into his bag, stomping down the fairway like a Turrets sufferer. Fun stuff.
    Is he at Doral this week? A couple of years ago I thought he was going to be 1 of the future stars on tour after his win in Turkey and 2nd at the match play - thought he could be the 1st French dude to win a major. But he's been awfully quiet since. Not that he won't end up great - it's a tough game with a lot of hiccups, fits and starts.

Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    Is he at Doral this week? A couple of years ago I thought he was going to be 1 of the future stars on tour after his win in Turkey and 2nd at the match play - thought he could be the 1st French dude to win a major. But he's been awfully quiet since. Not that he won't end up great - it's a tough game with a lot of hiccups, fits and starts.
    Poor Van de Velde.

Quote Originally Posted by deacondamo View Post
    Poor Van de Velde.
    Poor Thomas Levet as well. He lost in a 4-way playoff at the 2002 Open.

I thought Adam Scott was dead after his first six holes. What a comeback.

Not a huge Scott fan, but I'd rather see him win than Bubba. Rory had a rough day. And Willett had a strong and unusually healthy year last year. Wouldn't surprise me if he contended in a major or 2 if he can stay healthy. Speaking of which, too bad that Sneds is on the shelf again with the rib thing.

Scott's up and down was damn good on the 72nd hole.

Overpaid Wax Extractor
    How can you not be an Adam Scott fan? Guy is a stud right now. Throwing up big numbers and still good enough to win. Impressive. Especially with the putter switch.

How about Scott, Bubba, McIlroy and Mickelson all being on form as we build up to Augusta?

Golf has never been more entertaining for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    How about Scott, Bubba, McIlroy and Mickelson all being on form as we build up to Augusta?

That's a heck of a final four

That golf course today was amazingly tough. Fun to watch....

Quote Originally Posted by BacktoBack View Post
    How can you not be an Adam Scott fan? Guy is a stud right now. Throwing up big numbers and still good enough to win. Impressive. Especially with the putter switch.
    I don't dislike him, just never been a big fan, but was definitely rooting for him over Bubba and Figjam. (Wasn't happy when he put Stevie on the bag.) But I'm fine with him winning. And he should thank the R&A and USGA for making him change putters. He's rolling it well.

Adam Scott is dropping his current caddie at Augusta for one week only and replacing him with Steve Williams. Dick move.

Adam Scott is dropping his current caddie at Augusta for one week only and replacing him with Steve Williams. Dick move.
    Hasn't he done that for basically every major since Steve dropped off the bag full time?

I don't know. If you think Stevie knows the course and especially the greens better than anyone else, I get that line of thinking. Though I can't say I approve because Stevie may be the biggest dick in the game. And the game includes folks like Monty, Faldo and Poulter.

Quote Originally Posted by Deac6 View Post
    Hasn't he done that for basically every major since Steve dropped off the bag full time?
    Not after winning back to back events with a new guy on the bag.

Steven Bowditch shot +37 and took him $48K this weekend.

Good for him.
    Mother So Dear '12

Quote Originally Posted by Deacsfan27 View Post
    Steven Bowditch shot +37 and took him $48K this weekend.

Good for him.
    Rest easy my millenial friend, he'll be giving half of that back in taxes.

Rest easy my millenial friend, he'll be giving half of that back in taxes.
    No state income tax in Florida, so he'll be a little better off.

Meh, he won the damn thing with Stevie on the bag. David Clark had zero wins in his entire caddying career before landing on Scott's bag and getting 2 straight. Not sure anyone has any real gripe there.

Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
    Yeah I can see how he wants the guy with Augusta knowledge on the bag there, and I bet the other caddy is cool with it too.

PGA golf is by far my favorite TV sport to watch these days.