• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Who y'all fellas think wins this weekend? The fore play boys say Ricky Fowler and they are p close sometimes. I've picked several of the winners this year so far and I'm going with a strong run from Ricky and Spieth and a win from....coming tomorrow! Hold onto your hats!

Who y'all fellas think wins this weekend? The fore play boys say Ricky Fowler and they are p close sometimes. I've picked several of the winners this year so far and I'm going with a strong run from Ricky and Spieth and a win from....coming tomorrow! Hold onto your hats!

Rahmbo.

Someone shot a 127 in US Open local qualifying yesterday.

I've played that group of courses on the RTJ trail. They are tough. And the wind can make them really tough/long. But I can't imagine a low single digit handicap golfer putting up a score like that. In admittedly non-tournament conditions there I never shot above high 80's (and I'm a 7 handicap)

Last edited:
damn poulter. wow.

is there a second cut in this tournament? rahm got a mdf (made cut didnt finish). what is that?

I don't understand how Poulter landed in a bush and then was allowed to prepared the ground (like he was getting ready to plant a garden) in his drop zone.....all without a penalty.
Obviously he had a great shot, to the green, but why no penalty from the bush?

damn poulter. wow.

is there a second cut in this tournament? rahm got a mdf (made cut didnt finish). what is that?

Yes if too many golfers make the Friday cut, they will have another smaller cut after Saturday's round, and all of those guys who don't make it to Sunday earn the same amount of money and get a "MDF" (Made the cut, did not finish) designation.

I don't understand how Poulter landed in a bush and then was allowed to prepared the ground (like he was getting ready to plant a garden) in his drop zone.....all without a penalty.
Obviously he had a great shot, to the green, but why no penalty from the bush?

It was considered loose impediments they said.

They felt bad for him because he hits about one shank a round. So they let him clean up the mess around his drop site...

damn poulter. wow.

All 6 of my DK lineup made cut....but then lost 5 of them
To MDF. Rahm and Thomas were really surprisingly bad on sat.

They felt bad for him because he hits about one shank a round. So they let him clean up the mess around his drop site...

He is so un-clutch except in the Ryder Cup. I don't really dislike him, but he acts and has been treated at times like some world class player, but other than the Ryder Cup he hasn't done a whole lot when compared to his level of fame. Chamblee was really giving him a hard time last night for not being more aggressive down the stretch given he was only a couple shots back when he tee'd off on 16.

All 6 of my DK lineup made cut....but then lost 5 of them
To MDF. Rahm and Thomas were really surprisingly bad on sat.

Day with an 80 yesterday, John "JB" Holmes with an 84 yesterday, wow!!!

Yeah, that course always seems to magnify mistakes if you're not on your game, so not surprised at the high scores. Was rooting for Oosthuizen, but I was okay with Kim winning. As long as it wasn't Poulter. L&DD, you seem to forget that Poulter is the 2nd best golfer in the world.

He is so un-clutch except in the Ryder Cup. I don't really dislike him, but he acts and has been treated at times like some world class player, but other than the Ryder Cup he hasn't done a whole lot when compared to his level of fame. Chamblee was really giving him a hard time last night for not being more aggressive down the stretch given he was only a couple shots back when he tee'd off on 16.

He only had like 210 to 16 for his second shot and elected to lay up. Coming out of the rough, his lie might not have been very good. It looked to me like he hit 3 wood off the tee on 18 but maybe not. Odd down 2 needing birdie on a long hole if he did hit 3 wood.

Back