• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

There is a good piece on the PGA Tour.com about Arnie's recruitment to Wake, Wake experience, and those who received his scholarship:

http://www.pgatour.com/long-form/2016/03/15/arnold-palmer-wake-forest-scholarship.html

That is a great article. So is the video.
I never knew (I should have) that Arnie left Wake to join the Coast Guard for 3 years and then returned before going pro.
It's impossible to measure how important he's been to Wake, as well as the entire golf world.
Definitely ..........The King.

Hopefully not Haas, but Haas just dispatched Adam Scott in the world golf match play event with birdies on the final two holes to go 3-0 in group play.

Hass, by his own admission, played poorly today. He'll need to step it up to keep in the hunt.

Hass, by his own admission, played poorly today. He'll need to step it up to keep in the hunt.

That's what he said? Interesting. He's 3 - 0 and just beat the person who's playing better than anyone in the world....

That's what he said? Interesting. He's 3 - 0 and just beat the person who's playing better than anyone in the world....

Yes, that's what he said. And he joked that Scott said the same thing. If you watched it---they both were pretty off. Haas was lousy tee to green--usually his strength.

I honestly think any American player that wins this tournament should get an automatic spot on the Ryder Cup team.

Kirk is 3up on Bill through 11. Kirk has played very steadily (no bogies, 3 birdies) and Bill is still struggling with his ball-striking.

Kirk was 5-under through 15 without a bogey. Not too shabby at all.

But, he leaves the door slightly cracked by failing to get up and down from 15 feet on 16.

Heading out to the semifinals and finals tomorrow. My boy is hooking it up with a VIP badge.

If Spieth is still in it tomorrow will be a shitshow.

Yeah just realized that. Who should I root for? Gonna try to watch part of the quarters to do some research.

Root for Shrek. He's playing well and has the nicest swing in the history of the game. Seems like a decent dude too.

Back