Page 235 of 236 FirstFirst ... 135185225230231232233234235236 LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 4703

Thread: PGA Tour 2021 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Zalatoris engaged to Wake grad. I have no idea how he hits the ball as far as he does.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COIQEbmM...ource=ig_embed
    Did you watch him in the Masters? He crushes it.
    Pretty amazing because he is skinny enough to tread water in a hose and he drives it well over 300 yards.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
    Did you watch him in the Masters? He crushes it.
    Pretty amazing because he is skinny enough to tread water in a hose and he drives it well over 300 yards.
    Yeah. I watched him in person at Augusta.

Steve Lepore
    The best in humble brag. Perhaps next year for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tvcigar View Post
    The best in humble brag. Perhaps next year for me.
    Humble? 😉 Not only did Biff follow WZ in person at The Masters but did so in a year when very few tickets were issued. Baller!
    Last edited by Buttermaker; 04-27-2021 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tvcigar View Post
    Perhaps next year for me.
    The real humble brag

Yeah. Me too. But I only got there for Sunday afternoon. Had some other stuff going on.

Looking forward to Quail Hollow this week - 1 of the better tour stops. Didn't watch as much the last 2 weeks because Copperhead and the Louisiana course don't do much for me, well, that and the draft. Did catch some of that Canary Islands course while working out yesterday - had an interesting look with the black lava remains lining the fairways with the palm type trees and ocean in the background. Any of you Carolinians going to QH this week?

Bill Haas is playing at QH via sponsor's exemption. Zalatoris and Webb are also playing. Field is deep; with the PGA two weeks away, and next week's stop in Texas; this is the warm up event for most of the top players before the PGA at Kiawah.

Moved to #7 as a marshal this year, looking forward to getting back out there. Maybe not today though....

During the Masters broadcast, the announcers mentioned several times that Zalatoris wears size 28 pants. Then I remembered that Saquon Barkley's thighs are 28"...mind blown.

Quote Originally Posted by godeacsplate View Post
    During the Masters broadcast, the announcers mentioned several times that Zalatoris wears size 28 pants. Then I remembered that Saquon Barkley's thighs are 28"...mind blown.
    Dayum. I think Earl Campbell's thighs were in that 28-30" range back in the day. HowTF does Will hit it 300+ at his size?

Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    Dayum. I think Earl Campbell's thighs were in that 28-30" range back in the day. HowTF does Will hit it 300+ at his size?
    Club head speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Club head speed?
    You don't say. Will easily has the best waist size to driving distance ratio in the game.

Flexible sinewy young guys can generate a lot of torque. I could hit bombs when I was younger too.

Followed him for 3 holes yesterday - definitely a lot of strength in a small frame. Pulled driver on 8 (346 yds) but wind had just picked up in his face.

I mean those are the perfect metrics to hitting bombs...

Small waist, tall, flexible and lanky, and create big time width with your swing.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseheads12 View Post
    I mean those are the perfect metrics to hitting bombs...

Small waist, tall, flexible and lanky, and create big time width with your swing.
    I think I may be missing a few of those metrics.

Snuck out early this morning and was planning to watch Webb. Saw him warming up on the range at 6:45, all smiles. Tee time at 7:20 and a PGA official comes over telling standard bearer to take off his name. Apparently some kind of neck injury. Hopefully it's minor and he's ready for the PGA.

Headed out again with the family this afternoon - Will & Bill in back to back groups.

After playing like young Phil yesterday to lead by 2, Mickelson played like an old man today carding a 75 and dropping back into 13th place. Windy conditions today at QH making it tough on the field.

Been enjoying the QH layout this weekend. But caught a bit of the Canary tourney this a.m., and Garrick Higgo may be the next young phenom. He's 21 and in his 2nd year on the Euro tour and got his 3rd win lapping the field. Dude is seriously long and has a pretty good short game.