• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

True Cinderella story. He also said his favorite movie is tin cup :thumbsup:

I'll be there on Wednesday for the practice round/Par 3. I've never been for the Par 3. Any tips ?

Par 3 is great, just find a good spot where you can watch multiple holes and sit down and enjoy. Pretty relaxing atmosphere, great if you spend a lot of the day before that walking the whole course.

I'll be there on Wednesday for the practice round/Par 3. I've never been for the Par 3. Any tips ?

Better get over to the par 3 course early if you want to get a spot with a good view - it gets very crowded over there.

So who has a 4k TV ready to go for the UltraHD feed? Anyone have the full setup on DirecTV? I'm curious how well it'll work over the net for SmartTV's - I would guess not very well but then again most Masters tech is awesome, so who knows.

If only OLED 4k's weren't quite so expensive...

Also wish there was a way to view the 4k feed on a 1080p TV. You couldn't take advantage of the resolution, but the color info would be hugely improved. The 4:2:0 standard ditches 75% of the color info available in 1080p already. 4k uses the same method but at 4x the pixels it eliminates that shortcoming (at 1080p at least).

There's also a Gear VR feed on #6 and #16. Would be great if Samsung would get off its duff and ship all the free Gear VR's it promised...

My brother-in-law works for ESPN and got assigned to the Masters this year, basically shadowing Sobel all week. Spent all day yesterday walking the course and emailing me about it. I'd be more jealous if I hadn't at least been once - but he's also in a lottery to play Augusta on Monday morning. Now THAT would blow up my jealousy meter. If anyone has any questions they want to ask I can pass them along. Not that he'll really have any crazy inside info.

I picked up a Vizio M Series a few weeks back (I think you may have actually recommended it on another thread) so I'm ready to go with the DirecTV/4k setup. It's a 50" so not sure I'll be able to tell a noticeable difference myself. Excited to try it out though.

As for the Masters, this is the first year since 2007 that I haven't worked in the main merchandise shop at the tournament. My wife gave birth to our first child a few weeks back so I felt it was in my best interest to sit out a year; 10 nights away from home right now would probably get me murdered upon returning. It has been REAL tough sitting in my office the past few days knowing where I could be. I did get to go to the Monday practice round and enjoy Augusta National as a patron for the first time ever though. It was nice to finally be able to get a green cup (or six) from the concession stands after a decade of watching others partake. It's nice to have a few green cups mixed in with the stacks of clear ones I have in the cabinets at home. Also, got to see Rory hit the hole in one on 16 that afternoon and hear one of the loudest roars I've heard in my years at the tournament. The one part of the day that I won't miss is the 2.5 hours it took to get from the hotel (which is typically a 10 minute commute @ 5:30am) to the parking lot. If anyone is going keep in mind that they are closing the Washington Road (exit 199) exit off I-20 at 7am each day and forcing everyone to take Exit 200 and circle around the course to come up Washington Road from the opposite end; I think they're reopening the exit at 10am if anyone plans to arrive later.

Moving into a new apartment in two weeks, might as well go pick up a 4K this afternoon right?

Moving into a new apartment in two weeks, might as well go pick up a 4K this afternoon right?

If you mean for the Masters, to get streaming 4k of Amen Corner you'll need either a Sony or Samsung 4k set.

The only other way to get the 4k coverage is through DirecTV, and you'll need their new HR54 receiver. You may also need a 4k mini box from them if the TV isn't a Directv 4k-ready model (LG/Samsung/Sony).

dc with a 4k sansung tv how do you get the signal. ota antenna? ive got uverse but not this new receiver you talk about in the second scenario.

dc with a 4k sansung tv how do you get the signal. ota antenna? ive got uverse but not this new receiver you talk about in the second scenario.

Download the Masters 4k Amen Corner app on the TV and you can stream at 4k - assuming a minimum of 25bit download speed. Otherwise no dice.

There were an amazing 8 hole-in-ones during the Par 3 tournament yesterday..............including one by Webb. Hopefully, it's a good omen for him.

Webb Simpson closed his round with a finishing hole in one on No. 9. OK, it wasn't as glorious as a victory-clinching finale on Sunday. Still cool, though.
"It's just always been a miniature dream to have a walk-off hole in one," Webb said. His caddie was longtime swing coach Ted Kiegiel, a former Augusta National staffer who first brought a 12-year-old Webb to play the course

There were an amazing 8 hole-in-ones during the Par 3 tournament yesterday..............including one by Webb. Hopefully, it's a good omen for him.

Webb Simpson closed his round with a finishing hole in one on No. 9. OK, it wasn't as glorious as a victory-clinching finale on Sunday. Still cool, though.
"It's just always been a miniature dream to have a walk-off hole in one," Webb said. His caddie was longtime swing coach Ted Kiegiel, a former Augusta National staffer who first brought a 12-year-old Webb to play the course

His swing tempo looks super fast lately. I think he's a bit off.

Back