• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Loved the Walker Cup coverage, especially with Wake being represented so well (albeit for the wrong team).

Finally made it out and had a great day at Quail Hollow yesterday following the last few groups. Exciting when Mitchell tied it up on 14 but Rory was a closer yesterday.

Had the luck of being inside the ropes on 7 when Bubba went through and Webb popped out with the family. Odd seeing a golfer in a non branded polo. Webb told Bubba the MRI came back negative and finished with "see you next week" so sounds like the PGA is a go.

Koepka is absolutely soft as fuck. It’s hilarious how often he says “I don’t care” while crying or whining about something. That said, definitely favor him over Bryson.

Koepka is absolutely soft as fuck. It’s hilarious how often he says “I don’t care” while crying or whining about something. That said, definitely favor him over Bryson.

Both Bryson and Koepka have douchey qualities. From the beginning of that interview Koepka exuded 'tude. That said, Bryson seems douchier.

There are always exceptions, but individual sports like golf and tennis often breed self-entitled attitudes as you don't have teammates (or even opposing fans) to give you reality checks. Also, in individuals sports, the coaches work for the player. The player hires, fires and pays the coach. Given that dynamic, coaches essentially have to pander to the players (that happens with total superstars in team sports, but not to the same degree).

this kind of rivalry is fun and good for the sport imo

The who would win in a fight debate between Brooks and Bryson is not as obvious now. So, handicapping a potential throw down between the 2, if Brook's knee is healthy and it happened suddenly, I go Brooks. I just think he probably would instinctively know how to handle himself better. However, if it were planned event and Bryson had time to prepare and study the launch monitor stats of his punches and maximize his hand speed and smash factor of his fist, then I think Bryson might very well take him.

Both Bryson and Koepka have douchey qualities. From the beginning of that interview Koepka exuded 'tude. That said, Bryson seems douchier.

There are always exceptions, but individual sports like golf and tennis often breed self-entitled attitudes as you don't have teammates (or even opposing fans) to give you reality checks. Also, in individuals sports, the coaches work for the player. The player hires, fires and pays the coach. Given that dynamic, coaches essentially have to pander to the players (that happens with total superstars in team sports, but not to the same degree).

Yup I am definitely not a fan of either guy. I think a lot of people around the sport would like to see a rivalry develop to add some excitement. Up to this point Koepka and Bryson haven't really faced off in the final round of a tournament.

Agreed. Brooks seems like he’s trying to amp up the douche factor with the goatee though.

i could see zalatoris trolling a guy like bryson eventually, he seems like he has a good sense of humor

Agreed. Brooks seems like he’s trying to amp up the douche factor with the goatee though.

I had similar thought, almost like he's trying to look like the villain. I think he loves it.

They both have douche qualities for sure, but I at least understand Koepka's a bit. Only one scholly offer for college, had to play in tourneys like the Kenya Open and the developmental Challenge tour in Europe because he only got a couple sponsor exemptions despite a really good college career. Then starts winning majors and all anyone would talk about is Ricky Fowler. Bryson just seems fake as shit all the time on top of his douche charisma.

Back