• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

sounds bad for tiger, dude isn't going to be an athlete for a long time, if ever.

And I've driven that road a few times. It's downhill but it's not let's cross the median and flip over 20x downhill.

He was “unaware” of the severity of his injuries when rescuers arrived. So, no impairment, but damn. I’d be aware of both legs crushed.

Also, if he was texting while driving, maybe he really can do some good and lead a your cell phone will not work while you are driving movement.

It’s an epidemic and makes our roads so, so dangerous.

One contributing factor is that Tiger was probably minimally familiar with the vehicle. It was one of those provided for the tournament. So it would be easier for him to go fast without realizing it.

Looked like a brand new SUV. Lack of skid marks could be because the vehicle has anti-lock brakes.

The long travel path after the vehicle left the road may have contributed to Tiger being alive. Instead of a sudden stop, the vehicle gradually slowed as it plowed through bushes and small trees.

Shock is an amazing thing.

This. I was in a terrible wreck - head on collision on I-40 before they had those concrete median dividers - almost 25 years ago. On impact my left elbow went through the driver's window and my arm snapped on the bar that connects the chassis to the roof. When they pulled me out through the back seat I had no idea I was even injured - I can remember even helping to scoot myself backwards. Even in the emergency room, I was surprised when they told me it was broken and that they had to do a debridement to get all the glass out of my arm.

The two currently tied for the lead after Round 1 in this week's WGC event both have WF connections:

- Webb
- Matthew Fitzpatrick, is the brother of current WF golfer Alex Fitzpatrick

BTW, Matthew Wolff is struggling. He was #2 in the Fed Ex cup standings not that long ago. He's going to shoot 83 today; he was plus 10 after 7 holes. His round included two doubles, a triple and a quad.

Last edited:
The two currently tied for the lead after Round 1 in this week's WGC event both have WF connections:

- Webb
- Matthew Fitzpatrick, is the brother of current WF golfer Alex Fitzpatrick

BTW, Matthew Wolff is struggling. He was #2 in the Fed Ex cup standings not that long ago. He's going to shoot 83 today; he was plus 10 after 7 holes. His round included two doubles, a triple and a quad.

Golf happens sometimes. DJ shot a 77 today, and he shot an 80 somewhere in the Fall before the Masters. It comes and goes for even the best.

sounds bad for tiger, dude isn't going to be an athlete for a long time, if ever.

His path back to being an athlete is going to look like the path Alex Smith followed to be able to play QB in the NFL. Multiple surgeries (18, I think) for wound cleaning and infection management. Then lengthy rehab.

Wolff withdrew from the WGC event after finishing Round one in DFL with an 83. If he is injured, I will take this back, but otherwise, WDing because you are sucking is weak. Only 70 players received the invite to this event and there is no cut. So, play 4 rounds and take your medicine even if the player failed to bring his "A" game. Yeah, it finishing at the bottom of the leaderboard sucks, but quitting is worse.

Normally, I'd agree, but I think there is another situation where I can see quitting. If you're in a really bad funk, and you think the best thing for you is to take a couple of weeks off before touching another club to get rid of all those bad swing thoughts, I can see doing it. But in most circumstances, I'd think you'd play it out as a way of working on your game to see if you can find something.

Last week had both Homa & Finau and glad Homa won because he was at +5850 odds vs Finau at +2500. Also had Cameron Smith and he was looking good for a long time. This week my best looking picks are Niemann at +4050 & Hovland at +2350 but they have work to do to catch Reed at -10, Smith & Horschel at -9.

I played it last year in early February. The fairways are generous. But the greens and green complexes are tough. Lots of slope, undulation, and run offs. I felt like some of it was borderline too extreme. But I'm obviously not a tour player. I did play that day with a former Tour Player and I think with a lot of winter rust he shot 76.

Your review is accurate from watching it the last couple of days. Lots of sand, water (as Cam Smith discovered) and gators. It's visually more interesting than the Mexico course they've played the last few years, and I like it more than the Copperhead and PGA National courses. If the wind had been up, I don't think anyone would be in double digits with those green complexes.

Webb in black in gold this afternoon, birdies #1, two shots back.

I guess Webb didn't get the memo from the TOUR/Golf Channel that all are to be wearing read and black today.

The only chance he has is if they don't put the WF beside his name any more. Anything WF under achieves and disappoints.

Back