• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Has Zalatoris secured his card?[/QUOTE

He’s currently #1 on the Non-member FedEx Cup standings with 639 points through the API. That should be more than enough to secure his full-time status.

And as long as he doesn’t drop out of the Top 50 in OWGR (currently he’s 46th) he’ll be teeing it up in Augusta next month.

While some are playing well (like Sergio), TPC Sawgrass is kicking ass today. Byeong Hun An stepped to the tee the famous #17 island green hole at +1 through 16 holes. He then hit 3 balls into the water, carding a dandy 11. Ugh. Rory is +7, Finau is +6. Only 5 players are currently better than -2.

Glad Thomas won yesterday. With DeChambeau and Westwood in the last group, I found myself having to root for Westwood until Thomas went on that birdie/eagle run.

Glad Thomas won yesterday. With DeChambeau and Westwood in the last group, I found myself having to root for Westwood until Thomas went on that birdie/eagle run.

Nice payoff on JT yesterday with the win at +2173. Several weeks ago had a very nice one on Homa when he won in the playoff over Rahm.

Isn’t the Memorial his tournament? He has two?

Yeah, I guess The Memorial is more of what you’d call Jack’s tournament. But The Honda is at the PGA National course that Jack redesigned. He and Barbara are always very visible there for community and and hospital fund raising purposes. Jack did show up and was interviewed briefly.

Yeah, I guess The Memorial is more of what you’d call Jack’s tournament. But The Honda is at the PGA National course that Jack redesigned. He and Barbara are always very visible there for community and and hospital fund raising purposes. Jack did show up and was interviewed briefly.

Since this course has 'The Bear Trap' for holes 15-17 along with a statue, it's got to be a Jack tournament.

Caught some of the Kenya action this morning. Kind of an interesting looking course. At elevation, 7, 9 and 10 are driveable par 4s.

French golfer and #58 seed Antione Rozner beat Bryson D today in the WGC Matchplay. Since they play a 4 man round robin format, DeChambeau is still alive to advance to the Round of 16, but it's not looking good.

#2 seed Justin Thomas also lost to that cheapskate Matt Kuchar.

Webb won his opening match. Zalatoris lost to Kokrak on the 18th hole.

Kinda cool Zalatoris doesn't have full-time PGA Tour status, yet he's in the WGC Matchplay field. Quite a year he's having.

Kinda cool Zalatoris doesn't have full-time PGA Tour status, yet he's in the WGC Matchplay field. Quite a year he's having.

Just wait 2 weeks. He could be having an absolutely amazing year.

French golfer and #58 seed Antione Rozner beat Bryson D today in the WGC Matchplay. Since they play a 4 man round robin format, DeChambeau is still alive to advance to the Round of 16, but it's not looking good.

#2 seed Justin Thomas also lost to that cheapskate Matt Kuchar.

Webb won his opening match. Zalatoris lost to Kokrak on the 18th hole.

That stung, was up 1 with 2 holes left, lost both...

The match play is a fun event, but it almost always seems better in theory than in actual practice. It's never hoped for the DJ v. Rahm final; instead we will get Robert McIntyre v. Abraham Ancer.

The match play is a fun event, but it almost always seems better in theory than in actual practice. It's never hoped for the DJ v. Rahm final; instead we will get Robert McIntyre v. Abraham Ancer.

The last 5 finals have been Kisner > Kucher, Bubba > Kisner, DJ > Rahm, Day > Oosthuizen and Rory over Woodland, all household names. The biggest problem I have with the format is Sunday is the worst day to watch because there is so little action. Austin CC has been a pretty good venue because it's short and is a risk/reward course, though I think it would be a weak venue for a stroke play event. It's better than that AZ course they used to play. And fwiw, I think McIntyre and Ancer are good young golfers - Ancer was in the last Prez Cup.:p

Kevin Kisner is a household name? Maybe in the Kisner household.

If you like Kisner v. cheapskate Kuchar, you will get to see that treat of a match tomorrow, probably to win the group. Don't think that's why the PGA had in mind when the started the tournament. Yes, only the top 64 players in the World Golf Rankings get invited; so, all of the players competing are really good. I would be happy to follow Ancer v. McIntyre (may have a little action on Abraham in this event :cool:), but almost no one GAF. That's why there aren't more matchplay event on tour. It can be a bad watch.

BTW, the course has a good layout for TV. Lots of trouble and variation in the last few holes.

Back