• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Kevin Kisner is a household name? Maybe in the Kisner household.

If you like Kisner v. cheapskate Kuchar, you will get to see that treat of a match tomorrow, probably to win the group.

Go Dawgs !! Ga Tech Sucks !!

Kevin Kisner is a household name? Maybe in the Kisner household.

If you like Kisner v. cheapskate Kuchar, you will get to see that treat of a match tomorrow, probably to win the group. Don't think that's why the PGA had in mind when the started the tournament. Yes, only the top 64 players in the World Golf Rankings get invited; so, all of the players competing are really good. I would be happy to follow Ancer v. McIntyre (may have a little action on Abraham in this event :cool:), but almost no one GAF. That's why there aren't more matchplay event on tour. It can be a bad watch.

BTW, the course has a good layout for TV. Lots of trouble and variation in the last few holes.

If you've followed golf the last several years, you certainly know who Kisner is. He's won a few times and has been a runner up here, at the Players and the Open. And he should have been on the last RC team because he has a great short game and would have fared better on that tight Paris course than Phil, Tiger or DeChambeau. If I had to rank American golfers of the last several years, he'd be somewhere between 10 and 20. Dude has some grit and is 1 of the golfers I really like rooting for.

If you've followed golf the last several years, you certainly know who Kisner is. He's won a few times and has been a runner up here, at the Players and the Open. And he should have been on the last RC team because he has a great short game and would have fared better on that tight Paris course than Phil, Tiger or DeChambeau. If I had to rank American golfers of the last several years, he'd be somewhere between 10 and 20. Dude has some grit and is 1 of the golfers I really like rooting for.

C'ville,

You watch golf tournaments from Kenya. C'mon, that is a deep dive. Yes, those that dive deep into golf know Kevin Kisner, but no casual sports fan is tuning into the matchplay to watch Kis v. Kooch.

I'm following the Corales Championship to see if Haas can get his career back on track, and to see if Justin Suh can win me a few dollars. That said, I'm well aware that almost no one GAF about that tourney.

C'ville,

You watch golf tournaments from Kenya. C'mon, that is a deep dive. Yes, those that dive deep into golf know Kevin Kisner, but no casual sports fan is tuning into the matchplay to watch Kis v. Kooch.

I'm following the Corales Championship to see if Haas can get his career back on track, and to see if Justin Suh can win me a few dollars. That said, I'm well aware that almost no one GAF about that tourney.

I gotta watch something when I eat breakfast and work out in the a.m. Unfortunately, they moved PFT back to 9:00. So before Get Up starts, it's either Euro golf, the Fox sports idiots or JWill and Keyshawn, who probably lead ESPN in bad takes (with Ninkovich, Saturday and Orlovsky close behind). So I'm thankful when Euro golf is on. And they do play a lot of interesting courses on that tour.

Four guys left playing golf on the entire course and they're still doing the "Playing Through" advertising double-ups. Brutal. It's not like the culmination of a match play tournament isn't painful enough already - pure ratings poison.

They really should run the group matches on Friday/Saturday, then Sunday play the rounds of 16 and 8. Let the last 4 guys wrap up on Monday with the finals finishing in prime time Monday evening. I'd even show the final match and just air all the highlights of each hole from the earlier semi-finals during all the dead air. It's such a shame there aren't more match play events on tour, and there never will be if they can't be creative and make it an actual product people enjoy watching.

Playing through really sucks. HAS to be longer total ad time than before. $$ grab.

Can Horschel play 18 holes in less than 5 hours?
Man, is he slow.

This should go on the “unpopular opinions” thread on the Pit. Why would you not want to keep seeing the action, albeit smaller on your screen for 90 seconds? If it’s so distracting, go take a piss or do what you would normally do during a commercial.

As I posted a month or so ago, "playing thru" sucks. This guy disagreed with my take, so here's his chance to again convince the rest of us that we're wrong.

I don't like the playing through, but I don't flip the channel or DVR through the commercial when they are on - especially now that they show meaningful shots during the playing through and not just someone walking up the fairway.

Playing through isn't great, and they use it as a crutch to lump in even more ads and say well we actually showed shots during that!

Heard a good idea on a podcast, no reason they couldn't have combined the Corales event and match play during telecast. Would've had lots more action to show and the Corales would've been enjoyed by a lot.

The end of the Puntacana tournament was entertaining. Joel Dahman had a one shot lead over Raffy Campos heading into 18 (the #1 handicap; 501 yard par 4; with a howling wind). Campos knocked his second shot within 10 feet, and looked like he drained he birdie to force a playoff, but the putt lipped out. Neither Dahman nor Campos had won a PGA event before. Agree that the match play was hard to watch.

Pilch watching Puntacana and lobbing bombs at me for watching Kenya over Keyshawn and JWill.:)

The other bad aspect of the match play is you have to listen to Azinger. So here's a good drinking game. Take a sip every time Azinger says the word "pressure" or "nerves". Start at 2:00. You'll be drunk before 3:00 and dead by 4:00. Still can't believe NBC replaced Miller with Azinger. Either Foltz or Byrum would be way preferable and cheaper. Foltz is probably the best golf guy NBC currently has as a course reporter or analyst. He's smart, witty and has that FM radio voice.

LAPD found out the cause of Tiger's car accident, but is not going to say what because of "privacy." I've never heard of something like that before.

DJ goes with filet mignon and mashed potatoes. Exquisite.

Is there going to be a Masters contest this week?
I’m ready and waiting.

LAPD found out the cause of Tiger's car accident, but is not going to say what because of "privacy." I've never heard of something like that before.

now released - Tiger was going 84-87 in a 45 zone. Had the accelerator 99% down as the car was hitting the tree.

that will do it

Back