• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Talked to someone that played it the last day it was open for member play before the Wyndham, said they were as fast as they'd ever seen. That was 2 weeks ago, I imagine they're even faster now.

Yeah, I don't buy that Sedgefield is the only course on tour that makes the course easier for the week that PGA Tour pros come rolling through. Allowing 59,60s and 61s isn't a good look for the course IMO. I'm sure your son and other Sedgefield members believe that or have been told that. Just don't think it's true.

Good show so far from some borderline guys for status next year.
Saunders, Fritsch, Varner
Hope they can all keep it up

Kinda sloppy way for Webb to end his round today, but he's only one stroke back.
He could still win it with a good round tomorrow.....along with a number of othe players.
The winner will probably have 65 or better tomorrow.

Was at the Wyndham today, no way the members play those greens at that speed.

Nice to see Stenson pick up the W, though I didn't really watch that till Sunday. Of course I spent more time watching the Solheim Cup - US won rather easily. Two names to watch there are Georgia Hall and Angel Yin. Hall played great at the British and here and looks like the next really good player for Europe. And I'd never seen Yin play. While she is still very raw, she hits it at least as long as Lexi and is 18. Just needs her short game to mature. Speaking of Lexi, she was what has recently been her mix of being brilliant 1 minute and head shaking the next - has had an inconsistent summer.

The real action was at the US Amateur. What a finish, incredible.

Yea the Am was amazing. Those dudes had some stones all day. The finish by Redman was really impressive.

Yea the Am was amazing. Those dudes had some stones all day. The finish by Redman was really impressive.

Eagled the 580+ yard 17th and birdied the 475 yard 18th at Rivera and likely wouldn't birdied the extra hole had he been forced to putt. Pretty dang stout, even for a Clumpson Tiger.

Was at the Wyndham today, no way the members play those greens at that speed.

Yeah, I was out at the tournament a couple of days and have played the course 5-6 times over the years....think Bob's son was yanking his chain on that one (or is one of those guys who likes to be all "my course has greens faster than Augusta").

Yeah, I was out at the tournament a couple of days and have played the course 5-6 times over the years....think Bob's son was yanking his chain on that one (or is one of those guys who likes to be all "my course has greens faster than Augusta").

Yeah, there's always those guys. Kind of like every golf tournament I've ever been too, there is at least one dork in the crowd wearing golf shoes, with long pants on trying to look like a pro I guess, even though it's freaking 100 degrees outside. I mean even back when it was steel spikes and the only possible reason someone would even think about wearing those awful things was if you were actually playing, I'd see at least one guy in the crowd with his golf shoes on.

I've got a pair of Ecco golf shoes that are sneaker style with no spikes that I considered wearing out to Quail, but thought the better of it.

I've got a pair of Ecco golf shoes that are sneaker style with no spikes that I considered wearing out to Quail, but thought the better of it.

The dude I saw yesterday had Ecco's, but they were the old leather looking style brown, really dressy looking. I mean as comfortable as most golf shoes are now I can maybe see it, but like I said, I remember going to the GGO in 1980 and seeing at least one guy clicking along on the pavement with his spikes on. There's always at least one.

I have some Nike sneaker style golf shoes that are as comfortable as any tennis shoes I have but I would never wear them to a golf tournament, can't be that guy.

Like a grown man bringing a glove to a ballgame.

I went to my first professional TENNIS match this summer and learned that taking your racket to the tourney is the equivalent move there. In case Federer needs you to sub in for a couple of points, you know.

Back