• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I prefer looking at Pebble for the next few hours to going or looking outside.

Not a fan of the "playing through" split-screen commercial thing. With the smaller screen view, no commentary, and so many of the players wearing similar colors and seemingly all of them approx. 6' and 180 lbs., it's more distracting than informative for me.
Just give me the old "while we were away, here was Player X putting for birdie on hole 12. And now back live on hole 13".

Some crazy things on the last few holes today.
- a 4 putt from about 4 feet to drop out of first place
- a ball stuck in the tree on the 18th fairway.
- an eagle on 18 to win the tournament.
All this from 3 different players at or near the top of the leaderboard

Lashley was just off 16 green in two and finished the hole with a 7. You don’t see that on the PGA Tour; you do see that on a Saturday at a Muni.

Not a fan of the "playing through" split-screen commercial thing. With the smaller screen view, no commentary, and so many of the players wearing similar colors and seemingly all of them approx. 6' and 180 lbs., it's more distracting than informative for me.
Just give me the old "while we were away, here was Player X putting for birdie on hole 12. And now back live on hole 13".

This should go on the “unpopular opinions” thread on the Pit. Why would you not want to keep seeing the action, albeit smaller on your screen for 90 seconds? If it’s so distracting, go take a piss or do what you would normally do during a commercial.

It seems the number/length of commercials/commercial time has increased since they started doing the playing through.

Yeah I can't stand the Playing Through thing. Just an opportunity to add more commercials on top of the traditional full commercial breaks. Plus, the announcers either don't know or don't keep track of when they go in and out of actual coverage, which makes the whole thing even more disjointed. I know it's partially due to COVID and how difficult it is to manage teams of workers, but hopefully coverage gets back to improving and trying new technology, not taking steps backwards by reducing the number of shots shown or jamming digital signs and billboards all over the course during play.

The greatest meeting of land and sea.

And it was better this year because they didn't spend half the broadcast interviewing celebrities. So here's a legit question. If they can figure out the logistics and just have fewer patrons on the course at the Ocean Course for the PGA (and I greatly appreciate it because it's a great and scenic venue), whyTF can they not have a US Open or PGA at Spyglass? It's tougher than Pebble and still scenic - just not a good stadium type venue. I like the glimpses we get for the pro-am, but I'd love to properly see the whole course. A couple of friends have played it and rave about it.

Yeah I can't stand the Playing Through thing. Just an opportunity to add more commercials on top of the traditional full commercial breaks. Plus, the announcers either don't know or don't keep track of when they go in and out of actual coverage, which makes the whole thing even more disjointed. I know it's partially due to COVID and how difficult it is to manage teams of workers, but hopefully coverage gets back to improving and trying new technology, not taking steps backwards by reducing the number of shots shown or jamming digital signs and billboards all over the course during play.

rjreynolds disagrees, but I'm with ya.

So much this...

Lashley was just off 16 green in two and finished the hole with a 7. You don’t see that on the PGA Tour; you do see that on a Saturday at a Muni.

Lashley had a bad attitude and that was why he 4-putted. Before that he had slammed his club in the bag and was clearly pissed and down on himself. Once it started going bad on that hole his attitude made it snowball. Believe me, I have been there, so I recognize it when I see it...

I would love to see Cypress back in the tournament but that's unlikely to happen. It's been 30 years since the club pulled out after the fallout from Shoal Creek and I'm not sure if they'd be in compliance with the Tour's membership requirements yet.

Lashley had a bad attitude and that was why he 4-putted. Before that he had slammed his club in the bag and was clearly pissed and down on himself. Once it started going bad on that hole his attitude made it snowball. Believe me, I have been there, so I recognize it when I see it...

Lashley missed:

- a 16 footer for par (cost him $550K)
- a 3 footer for bogie (cost him $394K)
- a 2 footer for double (cost him $113K)

made a 3 footer for triple.

Lashley finished tied for 5th at -14. He earned $301,275. Maverick McNealy finished alone in 2nd at -16. McNealy earned $850,200. That 4 putt cost Lashley between $113K and $550K.

Last edited:
Lashley missed:

Lashley finished tied for 5th at -14. He earned $301,275. Maverick McNealy finished alone in 2nd at -16. McNealy earned $850,200. That 4 putt cost Lashley between $113K and $550K.

Yep. McNealy really needed that money, so I'm glad for him. Now he can put food on the table and get out of that studio apartment he's undoubtedly living in.

I guess one of their homes has probably sold: https://golf.com/news/maverick-mcne...-8-million-has-a-110-yard-golf-practice-area/

Last edited:
PGA Tour 2021 Thread

I would love to see Cypress back in the tournament but that's unlikely to happen. It's been 30 years since the club pulled out after the fallout from Shoal Creek and I'm not sure if they'd be in compliance with the Tour's membership requirements yet.

It’s 6,500 yards and have no desire to lengthen the course.

Lashley missed:

This is a great example of ‘Drive for show......Putt for dough’

It’s 6,500 yards and have no desire to lengthen the course.

Pebble is only 6800 and has obviously hosted US Opens. MP is 6900. Depending upon where the ratings list Pine Valley, Augusta, and Cypress, Cypress is the number 2 or 3 rated course in the world. I'm not talking about a major. I'm talking about playing one of the world's true gems one day out of four. There are a bunch of pros who make a point to play Cypress every year during the Pro Am week. It would be worth the price of admission just to watch the pros play 16.

Back