• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

They both have douche qualities for sure, but I at least understand Koepka's a bit. Only one scholly offer for college, had to play in tourneys like the Kenya Open and the developmental Challenge tour in Europe because he only got a couple sponsor exemptions despite a really good college career. Then starts winning majors and all anyone would talk about is Ricky Fowler. Bryson just seems fake as shit all the time on top of his douche charisma.

This. Brooks can over do things occasionally, but I still like and respect him. And he just barely lost a major on a difficult course when he hasn't been playing recently and essentially taking 2020 off. If he stays engaged, he'll win more majors. Whereas I can't stand Bryson. When he was dueling it out with Reed in Mexico, I found myself rooting for Reed and showering afterwards. I'd probably root for Poulter over Bryson.

This. Brooks can over do things occasionally, but I still like and respect him. And he just barely lost a major on a difficult course when he hasn't been playing recently and essentially taking 2020 off. If he stays engaged, he'll win more majors. Whereas I can't stand Bryson. When he was dueling it out with Reed in Mexico, I found myself rooting for Reed and showering afterwards. I'd probably root for Poulter over Bryson.

Absolutely, Poulter has grown on me actually.

They both have douche qualities for sure, but I at least understand Koepka's a bit. Only one scholly offer for college, had to play in tourneys like the Kenya Open and the developmental Challenge tour in Europe because he only got a couple sponsor exemptions despite a really good college career. Then starts winning majors and all anyone would talk about is Ricky Fowler. Bryson just seems fake as shit all the time on top of his douche charisma.

Brooks can definitely come off as a d-bag at times...Bryson is just so much worse in my opinion. He seems to care way more about his image (ie going after the golf cameraman last year) vs Brooks who embraces being a villain at times. There are a lot of guys on tour I would much rather see win but the drama between Brooks and Bryson is good for the sport.

Brooks can definitely come off as a d-bag at times...Bryson is just so much worse in my opinion. He seems to care way more about his image (ie going after the golf cameraman last year) vs Brooks who embraces being a villain at times. There are a lot of guys on tour I would much rather see win but the drama between Brooks and Bryson is good for the sport.

Bryson seems like the type of guy that you could play golf with, hit a lot of great shots and shoot a great score and all he'd talk about the whole 4 hours is his game. I had a buddy like that when I was younger. We played a lot together, I usually beat him, but the whole way around is was all about him.

Bryson seems like the type of guy that you could play golf with, hit a lot of great shots and shoot a great score and all he'd talk about the whole 4 hours is his game. I had a buddy like that when I was younger. We played a lot together, I usually beat him, but the whole way around is was all about him.

So Bryson is Figjam Jr.?

One of the announcers actually talked about this during the early coverage and directly compared him to Phil. His take was that if you stood anywhere near Bryson you were signing up for a diatribe on his game, his metrics, absurd "calculations" like 8% dew increase due to a small elevation change, etc. Added that Phil was pretty talkative but that Bryson had taken it to a whole new level. And not in a good way.

We fans love this stuff because it adds an element to golf. And this little story made ESPN. But let’s say those two come down to the wire at next year’s Masters. Is a staid organization like CBS likely to play it up by showing this and other clips, or do they just make reference to “a personal rivalry” but keep it (and hope it remains) gentlemanly?

If they care about ratings I know which they’d do, but golf can be a different bird from the other sports.

It would be better if the two battled at a PGA or elsewhere, where the fans felt more free to get into it. It’s bound to happen at some point.

I mean, Bryson definitely falls somewhere on the autism spectrum, right? I don’t think he intends to be a douche - he just can’t help himself.

I mean, Bryson definitely falls somewhere on the autism spectrum, right? I don’t think he intends to be a douche - he just can’t help himself.

He definitely doesn't appear capable of helping himself and maybe not of having empathy for others. He could have asperberger's and be like that hedge fund manager in Lewis' The Big Short or Abed in Community. But I'd like to think not so I don't have to humanize him and so I can continue hating him.

One of the announcers actually talked about this during the early coverage and directly compared him to Phil. His take was that if you stood anywhere near Bryson you were signing up for a diatribe on his game, his metrics, absurd "calculations" like 8% dew increase due to a small elevation change, etc. Added that Phil was pretty talkative but that Bryson had taken it to a whole new level. And not in a good way.

With Phil it seems like it would be kind of interesting and informative, with Bryson it seems like it would just be annoying. I thought it was pretty cool last year, during the Match with Phil/Brady vs. Tiger/Manning, when Phil was getting ready to play a shot from about 20 feet off the green he went into how he'd normally play the shot, but since the grain was into him he was going to play it differently and use the grain to kill the speed and proceeded to knock it stiff by exactly those means. Really shows how much those guys are on a different level of physical talent and mentally to play the game at that level.

getting spicy on twitter

TEAM BROOKS!

brooks-koepka-jena-sims-espy-awards-gallery-embed.jpg

Perfect example, Phil's response to Bryson and Koepka both chatting up Aaron Rogers:

"I feel like I’m in the middle of something and should step aside. (Except they want the CURRENT PGA champ:)'

So, if they throw down (which would be awesome on every level - a brawl on a golf course - just perfect), who are you taking?

Back