• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Was watching some of the women's match play at Shadow Creek last night - going back and forth between that and the NBA, though Milwaukee got out of hand quickly. The women were having problems with the hard greens because they don't get as much spin. Regardless, Shadow Creek >> the Fort Worth course this week. It's cool that we've gotten to see it twice in the last year given that probably none of us would get to see it otherwise. [cue a certain golf course designer Shadow Creek story]

Some great viewing this weekend - Muirfield and Olympic Club. Then the women cross the street to Lake Merced next week.

Holy shit man.

Speith is playing with Bryson. Jordan should blurt it out next.

At this point, I'd root for Seve, Sir Nick and Monty over DeChambeau. In the Ryder Cup too. Speaking of the RC, maybe they'll pair DeChambeau with Reed for 2 days.

Tough luck for sure, with a 6-shot lead. Looks like he could be back in time for the US Open.

Ha, I felt bad for him when I thought it was a vaccinated breakthrough case. What an idiot. Going through quarantine might disrupt his Open prep too.

Ha, I felt bad for him when I thought it was a vaccinated breakthrough case. What an idiot. Going through quarantine might disrupt his Open prep too.

Yeah, he may be out of the Open now. I like Rahm, but nobody to blame but himself.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/uswomensopen2021-megha-ganne-olympic-club-leader

In more positive news, the LPGA may soon have its American savior, and it's not Lexi Thompson, who is currently leading the Open. It's a precocious 17 year old kid who is a lot of fun. She's going to Stanford next year, but the above story has a Wake connection. And she's currently in 3rd place at -3. Meanwhile, Kupcho had a good 1st round but has fallen back. And Olympic is still gorgeous and quite a test.

Reports are that he got his first shot on Monday which is why he was still in the protocols.

He got his first shot AFTER the tour’s contact tracing told him he was in close proximity to a COVID case for an extended period of time. Went into the tourney knowing he might be positive.

Also saw that only like 50% of the tour is vaccinated, hopefully this will change that number quickly. And man, a few minutes of scrolling through Twitter posts on this subject is a sad reminder of how many morons are out there.

Back