• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Okay, I'd like to amend my prior statement. I didn't watch that much of the Detroit event last year because DeChambeau was pulling away, and I hate watching him win (also couldn't watch the back 9 at Winged Foot even though that's 1 of my favorite courses). I had forgotten this new Detroit tourney was at a cool old timey layout. I turned away from the soccer match because England was blowing out the Ukraine and caught the back 9 and liked it. Still don't like the Deere, 3M or Memphis, but this old place has some cool quirks and is worth watching tomorrow. Mea culpa.

Proof that America is numb to gun violence: a PGA golf pro is murdered on the 10th hole of his course Fourth of July weekend, and nary a mention of it on the PGA Tour 2021 thread.

Proof that America is numb to gun violence: a PGA golf pro is murdered on the 10th hole of his course Fourth of July weekend, and nary a mention of it on the PGA Tour 2021 thread.

Kudos to you for referring to him as a "golf pro". Several media outlets were still calling him a "pro golfer" this a.m., and I'm pretty sure one of them seriously thought the guy made his living teeing it up with the big boys.

I am enjoying The Match. Rodgers just drained a 7-footer. DeChambeau and Rodgers 2 up with 7 to play.

Damn. Rodgers wins the match on another 7-footer. Impressive putting all day and bailed out Bryson on the front nine or so using 6 of 7 of Rodgers’ tee shots.

Damn. Rodgers wins the match on another 7-footer. Impressive putting all day and bailed out Bryson on the front nine or so using 6 of 7 of Rodgers’ tee shots.

Rodgers was money. To be fair to Bryson though (which grosses me out to say), a few of those they took Rodger's ball just so Bryson could hit the second the shot. The tee shots were either equally good or bad.

Rodgers looked to be the much better all around golfer than the GOAT.

It was fun to watch Brady suffer after each successive shot. He played like garbage.

Last edited:
Bryson seemed like the loner guy who never gets to hang out with the cool group. So, Bryson tried too hard to the "fun hang out guy". Every third word out of his mouth was "Dude". Seemed forced and awkward as if some PR guy tried give him a crash course on how to appear to be normal.

Bryson seemed like the loner guy who never gets to hang out with the cool group. So, Bryson tried too hard to the "fun hang out guy". Every third word out of his mouth was "Dude". Seemed forced and awkward as if some PR guy tried give him a crash course on how to appear to be normal.

He's just an uber nerd.

FWIW, 2015 British Open Champ Zach Johnson is out for testing positive for COVID. After playing in the John Deere this past weekend, Johnson was about to board a charter to the UK, when he was informed of the positive test.

The last time the event was played at St. George's, Darren Clarke won (-5). Mickelson and DJ finished 2nd (-2). Rickie Fowler was T5.

FWIW, 2015 British Open Champ Zach Johnson is out for testing positive for COVID. After playing in the John Deere this past weekend, Johnson was about to board a charter to the UK, when he was informed of the positive test.

The last time the event was played at St. George's, Darren Clarke won (-5). Mickelson and DJ finished 2nd (-2). Rickie Fowler was T5.

Had he managed to get on that plane and was found to be positive mid flight or after, the protocols outlined for The Open would have disqualified every golfer on the plane.

Once again, Koepka proves he is a sensitve moron child. This "feud" is because DeChambeau made an off-hand comment while playing video games about Koekpa's abs. Man up Brooks.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/31811364/fair-game

Yeah, I agree the feud makes him look little. But I don't think he cares 1 bit. Kinda like Jordan and Bird, I think Koepka needs to put a chip on his shoulder to keep up his interest. I think he needs that external motivation to fuel him, whether it's real or something he's making up.

Back