• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Part of the PGA's new annual, incentive, payout structure pays players based partly on their social media presence. Looks like Brooks is trying to stir up some drama for some attention.

Anyone calling out Bryson (or Bubba or Reed) gets a pass from me, if not applause. Not to mention it's working, 2nd/4th/5th finishes since the PGA for Koepka. Bryson doesn't have a top 15 over that span. It's clearly getting to him.

Seriously if you can watch the two videos here and not side with Brooks there's something wrong with you.
https://golf.com/news/features/comprehensive-timeline-brooks-koepka-bryson-dechambeau-feud/

There's more than 2 videos on that link. And pretty much all of the direct comments come from Koepka. DeChambeau is just doing his own thing. Koepka keeps making comments at every opportunity.

Anyone calling out Bryson (or Bubba or Reed) gets a pass from me, if not applause. Not to mention it's working, 2nd/4th/5th finishes since the PGA for Koepka. Bryson doesn't have a top 15 over that span. It's clearly getting to him.

Seriously if you can watch the two videos here and not side with Brooks there's something wrong with you.
https://golf.com/news/features/comprehensive-timeline-brooks-koepka-bryson-dechambeau-feud/

The 4 biggest d-bags on tour would have to be in no particular order Bryson, Brooks, Bubba, and Reed.

I agree DC. But I also am of the opinion that Koepka is a dick too. But I think he tries to be an aloof cocky dick. He wants that persona. I also think that Brooks knows he isn't very popular but knows Bryson is very disliked and thinks he can win some goodwill by abusing the hated Bryson in public. I think Bryson is just weird and a dick. Both. Its my understanding that nobody on tour really likes either of them, but they all would certainly rather be paired with Brooks. And none of the guys on tour like Bubba. I mean NONE. The Steve Elkington thing outed Bubba as a dickhead. Then the kicker was when Rickie came out on tour and Bubba started following him around like a little puppy so he could be cool because he was (pretend) friends with Bubba. Rickie was just too nice a guy to punt Bubba.

I guess the fact that they aren't all Harris English makes the tour less boring though.

Last edited:
I used to really like Brooks. He was cocky but was refreshingly honest in a Rory kind of way. But I agree that in the last year or 2 he's been cultivating that aloof dick persona, so I've cooled a bit on him in recent months. I absolutely loathe DeChambeau and Reed and am going to have a hard time rooting for either in the RC. As for Bubba, I've never liked or rooted for him (and his 60 yard hook from jail on #10 at Augusta killed me because Louis is my favorite player), but I cut him a little slack due to a rough upbringing and his openly discussing mental health issues.

Bryson-Nerd, never been "cool". Absolutely loves golf to a sick level, and is a dick even if he doesn't know it to those around him about the game. Cocky, but not on purpose, which makes him seem very out of touch with reality sometimes.

Brooks-Jock, always been "cool". Loves stuffing nerds in lockers and still has the high school mindset of who is cool and not cool. He was very open ala Rory, but recently he's taken his whole persona to an almost WWE level. Acts like he doesn't care about golf, but he really cares. Even if it's just because it's thing that has made him super cool.

Bryson-Nerd, never been "cool". Absolutely loves golf to a sick level, and is a dick even if he doesn't know it to those around him about the game. Cocky, but not on purpose, which makes him seem very out of touch with reality sometimes.

Brooks-Jock, always been "cool". Loves stuffing nerds in lockers and still has the high school mindset of who is cool and not cool. He was very open ala Rory, but recently he's taken his whole persona to an almost WWE level. Acts like he doesn't care about golf, but he really cares. Even if it's just because it's thing that has made him super cool.

Pretty apt descriptions. Koepka is 31 and still brags about how much he can bench.

Yeah, don't get me wrong - Koepka is a dick, clearly leaning into his jock bravado persona which seems to help him play well in big events. The chip on his shoulder is somewhat understandable given how good he's been and how long the media discounted him.

I just don't find those to be minor flaws compared to the other three. Reed is a straight up cheater and disgrace to the game. Bubba is just about universally hated by everyone on tour, talks Jesus to the camera then berates his caddie and treats people like garbage the rest of the time. I don't discount the effort Bryson is putting into the game, but a huge percentage of the crap he spouts to promote his "genius golf scientist" image is pure showboating and his "awe shucks" act is completely fake. He's unbelievably slow which hurts the game, and when things don't go his way he quits - like at the US Open when he acted like it was all just bad luck on the back 9 and gave up.

Basically the 3 things I hate about golf, a sport I love, are cheating, snobbery, and slow play. Those 3 are essentially the pinnacle of each.

Add to that he's the poster child for why green reading books are probably going to be banned. They slow the game down, and they make the game look bad when you see guys standing there reading the books while they're on the green.

Yeah, don't get me wrong - Koepka is a dick, clearly leaning into his jock bravado persona which seems to help him play well in big events. The chip on his shoulder is somewhat understandable given how good he's been and how long the media discounted him.

I just don't find those to be minor flaws compared to the other three. Reed is a straight up cheater and disgrace to the game. Bubba is just about universally hated by everyone on tour, talks Jesus to the camera then berates his caddie and treats people like garbage the rest of the time. I don't discount the effort Bryson is putting into the game, but a huge percentage of the crap he spouts to promote his "genius golf scientist" image is pure showboating and his "awe shucks" act is completely fake. He's unbelievably slow which hurts the game, and when things don't go his way he quits - like at the US Open when he acted like it was all just bad luck on the back 9 and gave up.

Basically the 3 things I hate about golf, a sport I love, are cheating, snobbery, and slow play. Those 3 are essentially the pinnacle of each.

Fantastic post. Absolutely fantastic. I may switch my very public mancrush from Biff to DCDeac now. I can't two time Biff. He deserves to know.

bryson and the ants sums him up for me:

or even this last masters when he spent the week leading up to it saying that he was going to make the course obsolete

Even this last masters when he spent the week leading up to it saying that he was going to make the course obsolete

Yeah that was the "Augusta is a par 68 course" crap from Douchambeau. For the record-his best finish at the Masters was 21st in 2016. He finished 34th in 2020 and 46th in 2021 :p

Woof, switching from 4k back to normal TV is straight up eye bleach. Future needs to hurry up and get here...

Mickelson shot 80 and is tied for DFL after round 1. Would like to know how often a major winner finished DFL after any round of a subsequent major played the same year. Would guess not often, if ever.

Mickelson shot 80 and is tied for DFL after round 1. Would like to know how often a major winner finished DFL after any round of a subsequent major played the same year. Would guess not often, if ever.

I think Ben Curtis finished DFL in EVERY subsequent tournament. I played in a pro-am with him several years ago and he was honestly TERRIBLE. I beat him and I was so pissed that I wasnt allowed to play the same tees he did so it would have been more legit. hell it felt like he was our C player. And he wasnt very friendly but I guess he had reason to be in a bad mood.

FWIW, Ben Curtis won 3 other PGA events after winning the 2003 British Open. He also finished 2nd in the PGA, 2nd in the Players and top 10 two other times in the British Open after winning that 2003 Open Championship.

Back