• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

That was incredible. Not sure there's been any televised golf that compelling since Tiger's last Masters win. All the added shuffling for the top 30 made the whole finish compelling even with 2 players running away with it. Brutal to see Lee hit that approach on 18 into the creek...

That was incredible. Not sure there's been any televised golf that compelling since Tiger's last Masters win. All the added shuffling for the top 30 made the whole finish compelling even with 2 players running away with it. Brutal to see Lee hit that approach on 18 into the creek...

Agree.

Am enjoying East Lake. But the last couple of mornings, I was watching the Italian Open prior to work. I hadn't realized that that course is the next RC course. It's an interesting layout in the rolling hills outside of Rome. Reminds me a bit of the Paris course with the topography and the hay if you stray too far but with less water and a few more trees - also has undulating greens where you want to be on the correct tier. Also nice to see Stenson and Fairway Jesus playing well for a change.

Surprised this hasn't already been noted on this thread, but after multiple journalists have chronicled that the Brooksy chants have become abusive and created a bad scene at events, and DeChambeau confronted a fan who yelled it while walking past him after he had just missed a putt to finish second, the PGA has finally stepped in saying it will kick any fans out who yell "Brooksy".

Relatedly, DeChambeau has also out-played Koepka this year and earned approximately $2 million more.

I don’t follow the PGA Tour from week to week like you all, so let me know if this tracks. It seems like the Tour wanted to market this as a big rivalry among this generation of golfers, but it got too toxic and ugly so they’re rightfully trying to tone it down.

I just read a summary of the all the back-n-forth and while I like Koepka and can't stand Bryson, there were numerous times where this things could have blown over and Koepka kept fanning the flames. Both are so incredibly sophomoric and while its easy to be Team Koepka, he's sorta a dick in how he has handled this. Take the high road. Im not sure either one of them will be golf relevant in 5 years.

I just read a summary of the all the back-n-forth and while I like Koepka and can't stand Bryson, there were numerous times where this things could have blown over and Koepka kept fanning the flames. Both are so incredibly sophomoric and while its easy to be Team Koepka, he's sorta a dick in how he has handled this. Take the high road. Im not sure either one of them will be golf relevant in 5 years.

Agree with the 1st 2 sentences but not the last 1. As long as Koepka is healthy and interested, he'll be up there - he's been nicked up a fair amount this year. And Bryson is here to stay. He'll have his tough weeks when he's wild on tighter layouts, but when he's on, he'll win his fair share.

And have enjoyed watching the leaders at East Lake. I want to give a shout out to Kevin Na. Didn't used to like the guy because he was odd and used to be the slowest golfer in the game. But it seems like he's quickened his pace, he'a lost that waggle problem, he has a sense of humor about himself, and he's gritty. He should be in the RC conversation - for me, he'd be 1 of the last couple left off. And fuck Patrick Reed for not even recognizing he almost died of covid - and no one in the media is calling him on it.

And watching the SC, it's apparently a universal American phenomenon that both our men and women suck in alternate shot.

According to Reed it wasn’t Covid.

Just a rough case of bilateral pneumonia.

I have a tough time buying that.

Anyway, nice to see Kupcho 2-0 with Salas the last couple of days. Salas is a good pairing with her. She's a straight but short driver and probably has the best short game on the American side.

Ah yes. Young Professional athletes get admitted to the hospital for multiple days with pneumonia all the time. Big shocker that Reed is full of shit.

off topic but the Solhiem Cup has been a blast to watch. Huge crowds yelling USA (no politics or non golf drama), big comeback by the Americans, players are having fun and really into it,

Agree with the 1st 2 sentences but not the last 1. As long as Koepka is healthy and interested, he'll be up there - he's been nicked up a fair amount this year. And Bryson is here to stay. He'll have his tough weeks when he's wild on tighter layouts, but when he's on, he'll win his fair share.

And have enjoyed watching the leaders at East Lake. I want to give a shout out to Kevin Na. Didn't used to like the guy because he was odd and used to be the slowest golfer in the game. But it seems like he's quickened his pace, he'a lost that waggle problem, he has a sense of humor about himself, and he's gritty. He should be in the RC conversation - for me, he'd be 1 of the last couple left off. And fuck Patrick Reed for not even recognizing he almost died of covid - and no one in the media is calling him on it.

And watching the SC, it's apparently a universal American phenomenon that both our men and women suck in alternate shot.

I have a feeling both won’t stay healthy and that was the basis for what I said. Koepka has a lingering wrist injury that can be brutal for golfers. I also am always suspect of players who over analyze. Time will tell but I just have a feeling on these two.

Meanwhile Patty Ice earning the nickname, just stone cold especially after that troublesome 17. He and Rahm just playing phenomenal golf all weekend. Great to see Na, quickly becoming a favorite of mine, close out sole 3rd.

I have a tough time buying that.

Anyway, nice to see Kupcho 2-0 with Salas the last couple of days. Salas is a good pairing with her. She's a straight but short driver and probably has the best short game on the American side.

Salas should be penalized the moment she tees off for her slow play antics. She makes Bryson and Cantlay look like track stars. It's awful and the only thing really detracting from awesome Solheim Cup viewing.

Salas should be penalized the moment she tees off for her slow play antics. She makes Bryson and Cantlay look like track stars. It's awful and the only thing really detracting from awesome Solheim Cup viewing.

I acknowledge she's slow. But she still was a good pairing with Kupcho. They went 2-0-1 with the tie coming against the Euro's best couple, Reid and Maguire. Reid is kinda strange as a golfer. She's a career journeyman who lights it up every time she plays in the SC. She's also easy on the eyes. And I've loved Inverness this weekend. It was tough on the women on Saturday when the greens were hard because most of them can't spin it like the guys, but it's a great old layout that we haven't seen in almost 30 years. I like when they hold big LPGA events at great old venues that the PGA no longer goes to.

I don’t follow the PGA Tour from week to week like you all, so let me know if this tracks. It seems like the Tour wanted to market this as a big rivalry among this generation of golfers, but it got too toxic and ugly so they’re rightfully trying to tone it down.

They also threw gasoline on the fire by instituting a $40M pool for social media popularity this year. Basically the top impact score gets a reported $8M payout and the rest gets split up. When the Koepka/Bryson feud started to turn nasty the PGA Tour went quiet about the program and details, realizing the pandora's box they'd opened. There's also been speculation that some of the early theatrics were coordinated and many of the comments were intentional social media click-bait. Bryson played along early on knowing how much money the nonsense was generating for him, but his skin isn't nearly as thick as he thought - and not nearly as thick as Koepka's who has a small team, shuts off outside junk and just generally doesn't give a shit what people think of him.

It's a pretty bad look for the Tour to start ejecting fans who play along with the hijinks they essentially created. I think Bryson and Brooks share equal responsibility for the mess, but Bryson's the one who both desperately needs fan approval and also can't stop shooting himself in the foot by acting fake and/or shitty. And since we're solidly in the days of "assholes feel entitled to say whatever they want" whether it's on planes or in stadiums or on golf courses, Bryson's weakness is like a siren song.

Bryson still can't get out of his own way - refusing interviews for days made him come off as a sore loser, then when he did speak up he claimed same-day betting was to blame for fans heckling him. Just accepts zero responsibility for basically anything.

They also threw gasoline on the fire by instituting a $40M pool for social media popularity this year. Basically the top impact score gets a reported $8M payout and the rest gets split up. When the Koepka/Bryson feud started to turn nasty the PGA Tour went quiet about the program and details, realizing the pandora's box they'd opened. There's also been speculation that some of the early theatrics were coordinated and many of the comments were intentional social media click-bait. Bryson played along early on knowing how much money the nonsense was generating for him, but his skin isn't nearly as thick as he thought - and not nearly as thick as Koepka's who has a small team, shuts off outside junk and just generally doesn't give a shit what people think of him.

It's a pretty bad look for the Tour to start ejecting fans who play along with the hijinks they essentially created. I think Bryson and Brooks share equal responsibility for the mess, but Bryson's the one who both desperately needs fan approval and also can't stop shooting himself in the foot by acting fake and/or shitty. And since we're solidly in the days of "assholes feel entitled to say whatever they want" whether it's on planes or in stadiums or on golf courses, Bryson's weakness is like a siren song.

Bryson still can't get out of his own way - refusing interviews for days made him come off as a sore loser,
then when he did speak up he claimed same-day betting was to blame for fans heckling him. Just accepts zero responsibility for basically anything.

Righhhhhtttt. Because Koepka just shrugged off Bryson's comment about Koekpa's "abs" that he made during a Twitch stream while he was playing a video game. And Bryson's refusal to do interviews was likely to try to stop himself from adding fuel to the fire with his own comments and also to just avoid answering questions about the feud.

Meanwhile Patty Ice earning the nickname, just stone cold especially after that troublesome 17. He and Rahm just playing phenomenal golf all weekend. Great to see Na, quickly becoming a favorite of mine, close out sole 3rd.

Congrats to Patrick Cantley on winning the Tour Championship and for dating this
NINTCHDBPICT000677747901.jpg
You are the man!

Back