• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Uhhhhh, nah bruh. They are in it for one reason and one reason only. MONEY

HV3 is a good example, yeah he's made some money he lives a good life. But the Saudi money puts him into the next tier, and sets up his kids grandkids. Hard to pass up.

Since everyone seems to be jumping on Shake’s comment, I’m pretty sure he’s talking about the Saudis/LIV and not the golfers. And he’s likely right.

They said he'll always have a limp because he'll never have full mobility in the one ankle.

I hope he shoots 50 under. I love a good comeback story and if he wins a major this year it might be the best comeback ever. And you're talking to a guy that has read every book ever written on Ben Hogan.

Thanks SCDeac13…you are correct, Saudis are not in it for the money, the players absolutely are

Thanks SCDeac13…you are correct, Saudis are not in it for the money, the players absolutely are

Yeah, the Saudis aren’t in it for the money. They are charitable folks just trying to promote the sport.

It's called sportswashing. Phil basically called it what it was and shrugged his shoulders and said it was worth it.

-3 through 4 holes for Willy Z. Making some long putts out there.

It ain't the long ones we gotta worry about with him...

After the week Deacs have had...men's golf, and then Wilfong/Womble winning the US Fourball yesterday, Zalatoris or Young need to cap this week off with a win.

This course seems like it’ll be easy

Yeah, kinda looks like they set it up for a windy day - greens are soft and not that fast, pins pretty friendly - but the morning groups are getting perfect weather. Might see a 62 or better out there today.

I am sure the players ARE in it for the money - they just SHOULDN'T be. Unfortunately most people have to get old before they realize money isn't everything - especially once you have enough to be comfortable or more...

Great opening round for Zalatoris. The wind is supposed to pick up a little bit throughout the afternoon so that'll be interesting.

Hoping for a tight race on Sunday. 18 will be a great finishing hole if the tourney is decided on it.

Tiger crashed and burned. I'm happy.

The elite golfers have lapped him. So arrogant with the "I can win" talk after sitting out for two years with self-induced injuries. Let Tiger grind his way back to mediocrity at the John Deere Classic (or STFU, retire and enjoy the fruits of all the money he has made), but showing up for the majors only and pretending like he's going to be factor is so delusional. Blame ESPN too. They act like LeBron, Tom Brady and Tiger are the only athletes that exist. Do some homework and figure out who is actually the best now, instead of looking for the lazy shortcut soundbites.

The elite golfers have lapped him. So arrogant with the "I can win" talk after sitting out for two years with self-induced injuries. Let Tiger grind his way back to mediocrity at the John Deere Classic (or STFU, retire and enjoy the fruits of all the money he has made), but showing up for the majors only and pretending like he's going to be factor is so delusional. Blame ESPN too. They act like LeBron, Tom Brady and Tiger are the only athletes that exist. Do some homework and figure out who is actually the best now, instead of looking for the lazy shortcut soundbites.

This is really unfair to Patrick Mahomes.

This is an extremely OWG take, my lord. Tiger playing, and the accompanying coverage, is good for the game. And I'd be willing to bet a lot of money he'll be a factor in a couple more majors in his career, on the right courses.

Scorcher of a hot take here. You realize Tiger made the cut at the Masters and finished top 50, won like $40k, beat guys like Speith, Koepka, Rose, Scott, Homa, etc.? But you're here to tell him where he should and shouldn't play, eh? Too funny.

Clearly Pilch has money on Tiger and needs a "nothingburger" bump tomorrow.

This is an extremely OWG take, my lord. Tiger playing, and the accompanying coverage, is good for the game. And I'd be willing to bet a lot of money he'll be a factor in a couple more majors in his career, on the right courses.

Funny. Loved it when Tiger won the 2019 Masters. Loved it when Watson almost won the 2009 Open Championship.

This is different. Tiger was out of action for two years because he crashed an SUV while passed out driving with an empty pill bottle in his lap. This accident occurred at the start of rush hour, 7:12 am on a workday, his SUV was going between 84-87 MPH in a 45 mph zone, and the SUV crossed over the median and fortunately missed on-coming traffic. A few years before that, in 2017, Tiger was caught driving under the influence with five different drugs in his system including an opioid.

Glad he survived both incidents, but there's no one in the world with less of an excuse to drive under the influence, and he did it twice within a short period. Why isn't that the story? Miraculous that he didn't hurt anyone other than himself. This isn't someone who is making a comeback from cancer, but a middle aged man with self-inflicted injuries and has proven that even in his 40s, he is incapable of taking care of himself. Slam a bottle of pills drive 80+ in a LA neighborhood and drive the car off a cliff. Sorry, but that doesn't ring the bell for a great comeback story. It's just another chapter for a self-absorbed douche that does GAF about others in his life.

Then, when he returns, he puts himself above the rank and file PGA events and those that grind on the PGA tour, for an attention grab in the majors, all of the while acting like he is a contender. He is not. He's Mike Weir in the Masters. He's Rich Beem in the PGA. If he wants to be treated like a contender, play in tournaments and compete like everyone else. Otherwise, be happy with the honorary invites, but save us from the ESPN hype BS that he plays on the same level of those that will contend for the title on Sunday.

Last edited:
Back