• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

2022 Masters

Made Cut, got hyped by ESPN - Woods

Missed Cut, got hyped by ESPN - Spieth, Koepka, Schauffle, DeChambeau

Funny. Loved it when Tiger won the 2019 Masters. Loved it when Watson almost won the 2009 Open Championship.

This is different. Tiger was out of action for two years because he crashed an SUV while passed out driving with an empty pill bottle in his lap. This accident occurred at the start of rush hour, 7:12 am on a workday, his SUV was going between 84-87 MPH in a 45 mph zone, and the SUV crossed over the median and fortunately missed on-coming traffic. A few years before that, in 2017, Tiger was caught driving under the influence with five different drugs in his system including an opioid.

Glad he survived both incidents, but there's no one in the world with less of an excuse to drive under the influence, and he did it twice within a short period. Why isn't that the story? Miraculous that he didn't hurt anyone other than himself. This isn't someone who is making a comeback from cancer, but a middle aged man with self-inflicted injuries and has proven that even in his 40s, he is incapable of taking care of himself. Slam a bottle of pills drive 80+ in a LA neighborhood and drive the car off a cliff. Sorry, but that doesn't ring the bell for a great comeback story. It's just another chapter for a self-absorbed douche that does GAF about others in his life.

Then, when he returns, he puts himself above the rank and file PGA events and those that grind on the PGA tour, for an attention grab in the majors, all of the while acting like he is a contender. He is not. He's Mike Weir in the Masters. He's Rich Beem in the PGA. If he wants to be treated like a contender, play in tournaments and compete like everyone else. Otherwise, be happy with the honorary invites, but save us from the ESPN hype BS that he plays on the same level of those that will contend for the title on Sunday.

There are some whooooooooo boy takes in here. It rings of an OWG who didn't like Woods in his teenage/young adult, pre-discretion/pre-injuries prime, and likes him even less now. Has nothing to do with cheering for older players.

He had/has an obvious problem, is incredibly lucky to be alive, thankfully did not hurt/kill any other people, and seems to have a "new lease on life", unless you think it's just all for the cameras. He's also the greatest player of all time (though not the greatest career of all time). Complaining about his TV coverage is just an odd hill to die on.

Hogan played an extremely abbreviated schedule at the end of his career, after a likely even more devastating (though not potentially drug-induced) car crash. He was still worshipped and obsessed over whenever he showed up, and Hogan was more of a dick than Tiger ever has been, particularly at this point in his career/life. Hogan had a really messed up childhood, to be fair, though.

Last edited:
Tiger crashed and burned. I'm happy.

The elite golfers have lapped him. So arrogant with the "I can win" talk after sitting out for two years with self-induced injuries. Let Tiger grind his way back to mediocrity at the John Deere Classic (or STFU, retire and enjoy the fruits of all the money he has made), but showing up for the majors only and pretending like he's going to be factor is so delusional. Blame ESPN too. They act like LeBron, Tom Brady and Tiger are the only athletes that exist. Do some homework and figure out who is actually the best now, instead of looking for the lazy shortcut soundbites.

May want to get some salve for that raw ass.

Funny. Loved it when Tiger won the 2019 Masters. Loved it when Watson almost won the 2009 Open Championship.

This is different. Tiger was out of action for two years because he crashed an SUV while passed out driving with an empty pill bottle in his lap. This accident occurred at the start of rush hour, 7:12 am on a workday, his SUV was going between 84-87 MPH in a 45 mph zone, and the SUV crossed over the median and fortunately missed on-coming traffic. A few years before that, in 2017, Tiger was caught driving under the influence with five different drugs in his system including an opioid.

Glad he survived both incidents, but there's no one in the world with less of an excuse to drive under the influence, and he did it twice within a short period. Why isn't that the story? Miraculous that he didn't hurt anyone other than himself. This isn't someone who is making a comeback from cancer, but a middle aged man with self-inflicted injuries and has proven that even in his 40s, he is incapable of taking care of himself. Slam a bottle of pills drive 80+ in a LA neighborhood and drive the car off a cliff. Sorry, but that doesn't ring the bell for a great comeback story. It's just another chapter for a self-absorbed douche that does GAF about others in his life.

Then, when he returns, he puts himself above the rank and file PGA events and those that grind on the PGA tour, for an attention grab in the majors, all of the while acting like he is a contender. He is not. He's Mike Weir in the Masters. He's Rich Beem in the PGA. If he wants to be treated like a contender, play in tournaments and compete like everyone else. Otherwise, be happy with the honorary invites, but save us from the ESPN hype BS that he plays on the same level of those that will contend for the title on Sunday.

Honorary invites? His Masters win bought him 5-years exemptions to the PGA Tour, US Open, Open, and PGA. Why would he not play in those events?

I understand the frustration around the loads of media coverage Tiger gets in that it takes away coverage from other interesting storylines. There's plenty of golf fans that are tuning in to see non-Tiger players.

But at the end of the day one of two things happen: (1) He truly can't contend, misses the cut, and mostly isn't even mentioned on the weekend. Or (2) he plays well enough to make the cut and is thereby worthy of being talked about. I guess the only scenario that would truly be annoying is if he makes the cut then absolutely implodes on the weekend but media still devote tons of resources to covering his implosion.

I understand the frustration around the loads of media coverage Tiger gets in that it takes away coverage from other interesting storylines. There's plenty of golf fans that are tuning in to see non-Tiger players.

But at the end of the day one of two things happen: (1) He truly can't contend, misses the cut, and mostly isn't even mentioned on the weekend. Or (2) he plays well enough to make the cut and is thereby worthy of being talked about. I guess the only scenario that would truly be annoying is if he makes the cut then absolutely implodes on the weekend but media still devote tons of resources to covering his implosion.

He fell off at The Masters but didn't dominate coverage if I remember correctly.

Which if I remember correctly didn't happen at The Masters.

It did kind of happen, but he was pretty much off the course by the time the leaders teed off on Sunday so it didn't matter all that much.

We Tiger fans can only hope the rest of his career is as much of a "nothingburger" as ManMan's last season.

It did kind of happen, but he was pretty much off the course by the time the leaders teed off on Sunday so it didn't matter all that much.

Right. ESPN talked about him when he was on the course.

There's a whole lot of stupid in those posts, but topping the list is that in the last 3 years Tiger has a Masters win and 3 top 40's in other majors. He is not playing on "honorary invites," he's playing on earned exemptions like every other tour pro. When was Rory's last major win again? Maybe you think he's being a little "uppity" saying he thinks he can win? Maybe he should know his place?

Right. ESPN talked about him when he was on the course.

Yeah, which is fine. As I remember it, the only one that annoyed me was when they spent a few minutes interviewing him after his round Sunday when the leaders were already playing. That interview could be easily accessible later for those that wanted to hear it, and we missed some important shots from guys trying to make a push to win. I'm curious if things like that will continue to happen, say at next year's Master's (assuming he doesn't win something between now and then).

But it's Tiger and a lot of people tune in literally just for Tiger so I understand.

There are some whooooooooo boy takes in here. It rings of an OWG who didn't like Woods in his teenage/young adult, pre-discretion/pre-injuries prime, and likes him even less now. Has nothing to do with cheering for older players.

He had/has an obvious problem, is incredibly lucky to be alive, thankfully did not hurt/kill any other people, and seems to have a "new lease on life", unless you think it's just all for the cameras. He's also the greatest player of all time (though not the greatest career of all time). Complaining about his TV coverage is just an odd hill to die on.

Hogan played an extremely abbreviated schedule at the end of his career, after a likely even more devastating (though not potentially drug-induced) car crash. He was still worshipped and obsessed over whenever he showed up, and Hogan was more of a dick than Tiger ever has been, particularly at this point in his career/life. Hogan had a really messed up childhood, to be fair, though.

Maybe I am misreading this. Hogan's car crash was because a bus ran into his lane. I am also not sure I would say Hogan was more a dick than Tiger. They both had pretty messed up childhoods, though the tragic death of Hogan's father must have been devastating.

every player on tour should give 25% of his earnings to the charity of Tiger's choice. Or directly to Tiger. Because those guys are insanely rich because of Tiger.

In 1995, Greg Norman was the top earner on the PGA tour. He made $1.65 million. Elkington finished 5th at $1.25 million.

Tiger turned pro in August 1996. In 2000, Tiger won the tour money title at $9.2 million. Vijay Singh finished 5th and earned $2.57 million.

Tiger crashed and burned. I'm happy.

The elite golfers have lapped him. So arrogant with the "I can win" talk after sitting out for two years with self-induced injuries. Let Tiger grind his way back to mediocrity at the John Deere Classic (or STFU, retire and enjoy the fruits of all the money he has made), but showing up for the majors only and pretending like he's going to be factor is so delusional. Blame ESPN too. They act like LeBron, Tom Brady and Tiger are the only athletes that exist. Do some homework and figure out who is actually the best now, instead of looking for the lazy shortcut soundbites.

Woof, talk about crashing and burning…

There's a whole lot of stupid in those posts, but topping the list is that in the last 3 years Tiger has a Masters win and 3 top 40's in other majors. He is not playing on "honorary invites," he's playing on earned exemptions like every other tour pro. When was Rory's last major win again? Maybe you think he's being a little "uppity" saying he thinks he can win? Maybe he should know his place?

Not that it matters, but I'm a Tiger fan. Loved it when he won the US Am, and have always hoped he would pass Jack with winning the most majors. We will never see a more dominant golfer than Tiger when he was on his game. Further, he willed his way to the 2019 Masters, when essentially every hot/younger player on the tour wilted. A result for the ages. Always wanted Tiger to be the guy, like Jack, that could compete with the young guns at Augusta because of his savvy and knowledge of the game and that course.

Tiger deserves to be in the field of whatever tournament he wants to play in. The elephant in the room is that he has played 5 rounds of competitive golf in two+ years and 4 of them have sucked. The reason why he hasn't played in two years stems from his inability to handle his own personal issues. It's OK to recognize the current reality. Tiger Woods is not on the uber-elite level needed to win major championships, and its not just because he is older; he did this to himself. He currently plays golf at Rich Beem and Alex Cejka level. So, ESPN can get all spun up in Tiger's comment that "He came to Southern Hills to win" and "His game is in a much better place than Augusta in April", and the PGA can pair him with Rory and Speith, but he's not on that level, he's not close and its largely his own fault.

Last edited:
Lord I was president of the Fuck Tiger club for a decade and I think that post was atrocious bullshit.

Pill bottle?

At this point, the Saudis are going to need to start a board for Pilch to post on.

OK. I misread the room. The more Tiger coverage the better. Let's act like he has a chance to win, praise him when he has a rare good round, and act like it didn't happen when he is 113th.

I don’t think it’s so weird to say a player who was top 20 entering the weekend at Augusta is someone to watch at the PGA Championship especially if he’s the GOAT.

Nobody is acting like he had a good round today, but you can keep kicking the shit out of that straw man.

Back