• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

seems like there's a strong overlap of ppl still rooting for phil and people that might yell "let's go brandon" at a sporting event

Yeah, OJ's downfall was quicker and more complete. Phil still has his hardcore fans. I expect there will be some fairly big cheers this week for him and DeChambeau, along with some Brooksies. Reed, probably not so much. Boston rivals NYC and Philly as 1 of the cities with the douchiest loud fans. I wonder how much negative audible feedback the LIV guys get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9e_CnoWUYg

Here's a hole by hole flyover of TCC in Brookline. I didn't remember anything from 34 years ago. But it's an interesting quirky old timey course with a similar vibe as Merion. The greens are small and slope back to front without much undulation, kinda similar to Pebble.

Wait, Bryson has fans?

Someone mentioned Jimmy Walker as a possible LIV defector and I've been meaning to respond. I highly doubt he will as he can't stand Mickelson (they don't get along at all) and I can't imagine he would follow Phil to play there, as I bet he's quite glad to get away from him. And I am sure many of us know why he isn't a fan of DJ.

Walker may the happiest of anyone on tour to get rid of those 2.

Pat Perez was always likely just so he can afford to add to his sneaker collection/addiction. Shoe collection at 10:50 mark.

Last edited:
Didn't realize that LIV Tour's plan was to cap fields for all events at 48. So, with each player that is added from this point forward, someone gets cut. Hope it was worth it for the LIV players that played in London, but have been kicked to the curb. They don't have options right now. Wonder if Phil will be looking out for those guys with all of the money that he raked in to finished 33rd in a field of 48.

Wait, Bryson has fans?

Yes. Seems like it's mostly because he is the longest driver on tour. He gets some big roars on long drives. He also gets some Brooksies from detractors.

Guitar, what the hell did Erin ever see in DJ?

Someone mentioned Jimmy Walker as a possible LIV defector and I've been meaning to respond. I highly doubt he will as he can't stand Mickelson (they don't get along at all) and I can't imagine he would follow Phil to play there, as I bet he's quite glad to get away from him. And I am sure many of us know why he isn't a fan of DJ.

Walker may the happiest of anyone on tour to get rid of those 2.

Pat Perez was always likely just so he can afford to add to his sneaker collection/addiction. Shoe collection at 10:50 mark.

Jimmy Walker has one top 10 since 2018, which was also the last year he finished in the top 125. He'd probably do well to take the money at this point in his career.

USGA is often creative with how they pair players, and they put Will Z and Cam Young in the same group (along with Niemann). Webb and Alex Fitzpatrick are playing with DJ.

Yes. Seems like it's mostly because he is the longest driver on tour. He gets some big roars on long drives. He also gets some Brooksies from detractors.

Guitar, what the hell did Erin ever see in DJ?

He’s one of the most recognizable players on the tour especially now with his size gains.

The fat guy grouping was the best ever.

Disappointed they didn't go JT/Rory/Phil. Looking through all the pairings it honestly looks like an attempt to avoid conflict wherever possible. Bryson, Phil, Reed, Na, DJ, JT - all of their groups are zero friction. Probably a good move, but I was expecting more.

webb simpson is probably the safest pairing possible

The fat guy grouping was the best ever.

Disappointed they didn't go JT/Rory/Phil. Looking through all the pairings it honestly looks like an attempt to avoid conflict wherever possible. Bryson, Phil, Reed, Na, DJ, JT - all of their groups are zero friction. Probably a good move, but I was expecting more.

Purposeful avoiding conflict in a situation like this is pretty pompous. It’s not like they’ll break out in a fist fight or Phil will pimp slap Rory with a stack of $1000 bills.

Golf update.

That was a great summary of the situation in less than a minute. I know you posted it for the bewbs, but that was succinct and helpful.

That was a great summary of the situation in less than a minute. I know you posted it for the bewbs, but that was succinct and helpful.

Just gained even more respect for Ph. My man threw in a low-key Southpark reference. Love it

I could have thrown in a “Beefcake!” reference for Bryson.

Didn't realize that LIV Tour's plan was to cap fields for all events at 48. So, with each player that is added from this point forward, someone gets cut. Hope it was worth it for the LIV players that played in London, but have been kicked to the curb. They don't have options right now. Wonder if Phil will be looking out for those guys with all of the money that he raked in to finished 33rd in a field of 48.

We shall see if it stays at 48. I bet they would go up if they needed to.

I like how the LIV Tour has been fighting for the free agency of professional golfers so much that it's now ... restricting LIV players to playing on the LIV Tour:

"You can't have your cake and eat it. You've got to choose from one tour to another," said Gary Player, who won 24 times on the PGA Tour during his career and now serves as a spokesman for Golf Saudi, the owners of LIV Golf. "If they so desire to play the LIV tour, that is their choice and their freedom, but you can't have both tours. It's not going to be allowed."

Back