• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Hate the idea of a "Saudi" League. Mostly because of the source of the $$. Would hope that if I was in that position I wouldn't jump and stay on The Tour.
With that said, anyone who blames these guys for getting what they can, when they can, live in a very unrealistic world.
As that Tour grows (and it will) "classifying" these guys is one of the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

hideki makes a fuck ton of money from sponsorships, he's like the Japanese Tiger

would be surprised if Hovland left as well

you gotta find guys that fit a few of these characteristics:

- 40+ years old
- OWGR ranking of 100+
- MAGA-person
- Noted asshole
- European
- Dumb
- Realistically no shot at winning a major in the future

Oh no I cant help myself. Let's see, which 3 of those are the same thing......

I guess I'd appreciate the LIV Tour just a tiny bit if it forced more 4k coverage of PGA events and ended the "playing through" crap.

YTTV has both the Featured Groups and Featured Holes feeds in 4k, and minus the dead air they're so much better than the network feeds.

standard YTTV?

Does anyone like the Play through thing? I wouldn't think advertisers would love it either because people are going to pay less attention to the ad...

Does anyone like the Play through thing? I wouldn't think advertisers would love it either because people are going to pay less attention to the ad...

Don't love it, but its better than an add with no live video of the tournament. The bottom line is that the Masters spoils everyone because they limit the ad time. Then, when a run of the mill tournament is on, it seems dominated by ads.

Don't love it, but its better than an add with no live video of the tournament. The bottom line is that the Masters spoils everyone because they limit the ad time. Then, when a run of the mill tournament is on, it seems dominated by ads.

I would rather they just play the commercials and then re-play any shots that happened - that way you would get full screen on the shots and be able to hear any commentary, etc...

I would rather they just play the commercials and then re-play any shots that happened - that way you would get full screen on the shots and be able to hear any commentary, etc...

They do that anyway if the shot was significant. The split screen is just so you can keep up with what shot all those in contention are hitting (e.g., during the ad, Kokrak is hitting from the fairway now; so, when they get back from commercial he will be putting; if Kokrak knocks it close during the ad, they will re-show it; if he puts in the bunker, you at least know why he is in the bunker when they return to full coverage).

Seems crazy to like commercials with no live golf better than commercials and a half screen of live golf.

The Playing Through ads are not some favor the advertisers are doing for viewers. There are still the same number of full break-away ads per hour as before. Playing through, like the new baseball ads they toss between at-bats, serve two purposes. The first is simply getting more ads sold. The second is to get eyes on ads even when events are DVR'd since people skip the full ads more often than Playing Through ones. The metrics are similar to the ones that calculate all the forced ads inserted into streaming services since the ad sales are often related or done by the same companies.

Nah, he won twice in 2020. Still should have a few good years left. No major injuries.

The Playing Through ads are not some favor the advertisers are doing for viewers. There are still the same number of full break-away ads per hour as before. Playing through, like the new baseball ads they toss between at-bats, serve two purposes. The first is simply getting more ads sold. The second is to get eyes on ads even when events are DVR'd since people skip the full ads more often than Playing Through ones. The metrics are similar to the ones that calculate all the forced ads inserted into streaming services since the ad sales are often related or done by the same companies.

Hadnt thought of the DVR thing. Makes sense.

I was switching to the LPGA on commercial breaks. Kupcho has a 2 shot lead over Nelly heading into the weekend. The unfortunate thing is you'll still see more of Lexi Thompson today than you will of Kupcho and Korda. The LPGA still features that head case over everyone else.

I was switching to the LPGA on commercial breaks. Kupcho has a 2 shot lead over Nelly heading into the weekend. The unfortunate thing is you'll still see more of Lexi Thompson today than you will of Kupcho and Korda. The LPGA still features that head case over everyone else.

Gotta keep her on camera in case she breaks the rules "accidentally" again.

Gotta keep her on camera in case she breaks the rules "accidentally" again.

Big day for Wake today with Will tied and Kupcho 1 back of Nelly. I really want to see Will get this done, and I like his chances. Thinik it'll come down to him, Fitz, Rahm, Scheffler and maybe Rory if the wind doesn't blow too hard. Hard to believe a guy from NI is a bad wind player historically.

Back