• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

wait ---- DR is saying that Gitmo was worse than anything else?

i mean - we're not even 100 years removed from the holocaust

Or Rwanda
Or Pearl Harbor
Or countless atrocities in WW2

But DR has to maintain his faux Democrat creds to keep business flowing, so no surprise he glommed onto that issue.

Pathetic to use the "everyone does it; so it's OK" defense; that defense does not work in the real world.

As I understand DR's endless references to GITMO, because US Government officials waterboarded in the early 2000s, it's OK for anyone to collaborate with the murderous and oppressive Saudi regime. Life choices are easy if we eliminate all moral judgments and it just comes down to what will make the most money for me.

I've said my whole life that I've never come across a Wake person that I didn't like. I really hadn't. I don't ever recall another student when I was at Wake that i didn't like and I had never run across a grad since then that I didn't like. Oh well. Hard to bat 1000. But I guess us Wake folks all have things in common. We all live in our little modest yet cute 3 bedroom brick ranches with our wife Gertrude and our annoying kids and dog, doing crossword puzzles and watching Jeopardy over TV dinners and meanwhile we never really got what life was really about.

Nevermind. I can't even finish that without getting too mean.

The whole "whatabout crimes committed by the US govt!?!" is such a lazy argument. Of course the US government has done tons of awful shit. No one is debating that.

Here's a scenario where pulling in the US government is relevant. Let's say the US government takes billions of taxpayer dollars and decides to fund a startup cricket league in Pakistan with the express purpose of sportswashing its image in a country where it has killed many civilians via extrajudicial drone strikes. The US government throws gobs of money at Pakistan's top players to lure them into the league.

In this hypothetical, the people of Pakistan would be totally in the right to point out how fucked up that is and to ridicule any Pakistani that takes a paycheck from the US government, by proxy of this league, knowing full well what the purpose of this investment is.

This is what the Saudis are doing with LIV. The US government is not funding a sports league in some country or region to sportswash the atrocities it has committed, so it is not germane to this conversation.

Sorry, Biff. I can move to the cricket thread if needed.

I've said my whole life that I've never come across a Wake person that I didn't like. I really hadn't. I don't ever recall another student when I was at Wake that i didn't like and I had never run across a grad since then that I didn't like. Oh well. Hard to bat 1000. But I guess us Wake folks all have things in common. We all live in our little modest yet cute 3 bedroom brick ranches with our wife Gertrude and our annoying kids and dog, doing crossword puzzles and watching Jeopardy over TV dinners and meanwhile we never really got what life was really about.

Nevermind. I can't even finish that without getting too mean.

Nah dude, he's got a great life and hot girlfriend. We should all be jealous. PH and LK told us!

Yes John Deere pays a bunch of money to do that, along with the other reasons and results of that money that I mentioned. Let's compare that with the reasons Saudi Arabia and your boi MBS put in their money.

You are so fucking stupid I am infatuated by it. It's a tennis player's dream - I stand at the net and you hit shitty lobs slightly above head high and I hit them so hard the ball pops when it lands.

John Deere has committed atrocities? Alrighty then Ginger Shrimp. Tell us.

:bowrofl:

I have some questions for the CEO at John Deere about some cases against his company for the atrocities they caused. Think Nantz will let me ask those questions? That would really be something.

What they have done is a minor footnote to the worst atrocities by any government regime in modern history: The US Government's torture of innocent men in Gitmo for decades. The water boarding and torture was unprecedented. And to think those folks that we literally kidnapped from the middle east were 100% innocent and then deprived them of any due process. Murder cannot be worse than what Uncle Sam did there.

I may be losing my mind, but I've read this several times...is DR saying John Deere played a role in torture at Gitmo? Someone please translate for me.

I may be losing my mind, but I've read this several times...is DR saying John Deere played a role in torture at Gitmo? Someone please translate for me.

I’m guessing the John Deere equipment used at the base didn’t properly grade the soccer field, and a suspected Saudi terrorist twisted an ankle.

Someone filed a lawsuit against the PGA Tour in Palm Beach County. DR called it!

Larry Klayman signed the pleading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Klayman

He once filed a petition seeking to have Barack Obama deported. "His litigation tactics have led to criticism and to sanctions from legal authorities[16] including a ban from appearing in two courtrooms[9] and a temporary suspension of his law license"

"Klayman has filed a number of lawsuits against political figures and governmental agencies.[9] Klayman's goal in initiating the lawsuits is often to obtain information through the discovery process, rather than to win the lawsuit.[9] Most cases brought by either Judicial Watch or Klayman himself have failed."

BTW, has any LIV player been denied the opportunity to play in a PGA event as of yet? Their LIV contracts prohibited them from playing in the Deere this week.

Last edited:

He once filed a petition seeking to have Barack Obama deported. "His litigation tactics have led to criticism and to sanctions from legal authorities[16] including a ban from appearing in two courtrooms[9] and a temporary suspension of his law license"

"Klayman has filed a number of lawsuits against political figures and governmental agencies.[9] Klayman's goal in initiating the lawsuits is often to obtain information through the discovery process, rather than to win the lawsuit.[9] Most cases brought by either Judicial Watch or Klayman himself have failed."

BTW, has any LIV player been denied the opportunity to play in a PGA event as of yet? Their LIV contracts prohibited them from playing in the Deere this week.

So he filed the class action as both the putative class representative and the attorney representing the class? Okay. . .

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/larry-klayman

Wow- this dude is something. A credit to the legal profession!

Current teachings in Saudi schools according to an Aramco buddy of mine.

Jews are monkeys
Gays should be put to death
Entrepreneurship is good but do not befriend westerners.
Non Wahabbi Muslims are apostates
Christians are above the monkeys but they too are apostates.

That's a start. No country on this Earth spreads hate like Wahabbi Saudi Arabia. None.

It ain't Pro Humanitate.

Equating their government sponsorship of golf in a free and open society to the private PGA sponsership of golf is appalling.

Suit looks horrible to me. I bet mickelsons team is pissed. It doesn’t appear he’s seeking injunctive relief so it’s likely to just be back burned

But hey, as you well know, I think home court advantage is enormous. And there is nothing like Palm Beach county here for this one.

Caught some of the Irish this morning. They're playing at Mt. Juliet, an inland course. It's very green, but the Irish and Scottish should always be on links courses.

Suit looks horrible to me. I bet mickelsons team is pissed. It doesn’t appear he’s seeking injunctive relief so it’s likely to just be back burned

But hey, as you well know, I think home court advantage is enormous. And there is nothing like Palm Beach county here for this one.

What happened to "we?"

What happened to "we?"

I'm not affiliated with this filing, nor does it appear anyone else representing a player is. But maybe it's a plant to get cross claims going by LIV. I don't represent LIV.

NBC production trucks now on site at Pumpkin Ridge. Sounds like Ward Cleaver is eventually going to get to watch these tournaments. Guess NBC will be permanently banned from the Barbasol and Quad Cities. I'm sure they are crushed.

Back