• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I'm not affiliated with this filing, nor does it appear anyone else representing a player is. But maybe it's a plant to get cross claims going by LIV. I don't represent LIV.

NBC production trucks now on site at Pumpkin Ridge. Sounds like Ward Cleaver is eventually going to get to watch these tournaments. Guess NBC will be permanently banned from the Barbasol and Quad Cities. I'm sure they are crushed.

And the Wyndham?

Well there's a whopping 57k people watching the YouTube stream right now so for LIV's sake they better hope a TV deal is coming. I know the Saudis don't really care about the money, at least for now, but they'll need a TV deal to at least maintain the charade that people care about this.

Well there's a whopping 57k people watching the YouTube stream right now so for LIV's sake they better hope a TV deal is coming. I know the Saudis don't really care about the money, at least for now, but they'll need a TV deal to at least maintain the charade that people care about this.

Is it on Youtube? I thought it was all on LIV site.

And the Wyndham?

No doubt PGA Tour's decision to make this us v. them instead of allowing free agency as LIV and others wanted will crush the Wyndham field. And may well even end the Wyndham altogether. Horrible decision by bad business folks with egos. Thinking like Fred Couples and Jay Haas ain't no way to run a business in the real world.

The LIV format is akin to a pre-season football game. There is no cut-sweat. The players aren't playing the holes in the same order. The players already made their money; the stakes are just a bonus pool; so these events lack the drama of player essentially saving/building his career with a win. The golf audience for run of the mill tournaments is limited as it is. No one gives a crap about an exhibition golf match among 48 players having poor seasons.

The LIV format is akin to a pre-season football game. There is no cut-sweat. The players aren't playing the holes in the same order. The players already made their money; the stakes are just a bonus pool; so these events lack the drama of player essentially saving/building his career with a win. The golf audience for run of the mill tournaments is limited as it is. No one gives a crap about an exhibition golf match among 48 players having poor seasons.

Yup. The product is atrocious, and they didn't bother getting a tv deal when they're throwing around > $1bil. WhoTF was responsible for the planning of this farce? Essentially, these 48 golfers and Norman are just robbing the Saudis blind, and all the Saudis are getting out of this is a bunch of terrible press. They should execute Norman and Mickleson for the travesty they helped create.

they don't care about money? according to DR, that's the only thing they care about and they're experts in making it

Yup. The product is atrocious, and they didn't bother getting a tv deal when they're throwing around > $1bil. WhoTF was responsible for the planning of this farce? Essentially, these 48 golfers and Norman are just robbing the Saudis blind, and all the Saudis are getting out of this is a bunch of terrible press. They should execute Norman and Mickleson for the travesty they helped create.

Except for the execution part, I agree.

Taking money from idiots voluntarily willing to spend it is allowed and encouraged in our system. That’s what all businesses do. These golfers are in business. Pretending they were evil for doing what every other investor does is where my view came in.

not a great look to have 9/11 families protesting your first event in the US

I don't have a strong opinion regarding players defecting to LIV. However, I think the format and approach are doomed to an early failure. Watching exhibition golf will only last so long. Maybe they will adapt and change the format but wasn't that why so many defected in the first place? Or at least stated as such.

I admit that I haven’t read all the details about the LIV, but my question is if this is limited to 48 players, how do you determine the cut-off if more PGA players keep jumping ship for a quick payday? And then what’s one’s game plan if the PGA doesn’t welcome that person back? SOL?

I'm not affiliated with this filing, nor does it appear anyone else representing a player is. But maybe it's a plant to get cross claims going by LIV. I don't represent LIV.

NBC production trucks now on site at Pumpkin Ridge. Sounds like Ward Cleaver is eventually going to get to watch these tournaments. Guess NBC will be permanently banned from the Barbasol and Quad Cities. I'm sure they are crushed.

The bolded suggests that DR represents a PGA player. If so, congrats.

I'm impressed

From the Saudis standpoint, if this LIV thing doesn't go well, heads are gonna roll.

I don't have a strong opinion regarding players defecting to LIV. However, I think the format and approach are doomed to an early failure. Watching exhibition golf will only last so long. Maybe they will adapt and change the format but wasn't that why so many defected in the first place? Or at least stated as such.

But didn't you listen to Arlo White on the LIV broadcast today?! This is the most exciting format ever conceived by man! The players are amazed, the fans are in awe...it's all just incredible!

So funny. The Saudis throw $200 million and $150 million etc around at PGA Tour players to lure them to come play their awful tour and it's the PGA Tour that's making it "us against them". I can't stop laughing at this guy.

Last edited:
Back