• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

George W. Bush -- too woke for Phil, Brooks, Reed, etc.

I admit that I haven’t read all the details about the LIV, but my question is if this is limited to 48 players, how do you determine the cut-off if more PGA players keep jumping ship for a quick payday? And then what’s one’s game plan if the PGA doesn’t welcome that person back? SOL?

Excellent question that I haven't heard anyone answer.

the lesser known players will get starts on the Asian Tour. Rumor is that next year LIV will have 48 players under contract for each event.

Excellent question that I haven't heard anyone answer.

Andy Ogletree got his $120,000 for finishing dead last in London. He is not playing in Portland, and a year from now, his career bio will probably still read "LIV starts = 1". I hope it was worth it to him.....

Andy Ogletree got his $120,000 for finishing dead last in London. He is not playing in Portland, and a year from now, his career bio will probably still read "LIV starts = 1". I hope it was worth it to him.....

Honestly, the quick cash grab probably was the right call for him. He's not getting anymore sponsor exemptions and his road to the PGAT would have involved Monday qualifying for KF events, which, while doable (see Zalatoris, Will), is a tough road and almost impossible for Ogletree given the state of his game.

the lesser known players will get starts on the Asian Tour. Rumor is that next year LIV will have 48 players under contract for each event.

It’s not really a problem. If they have 60-70 guys who don’t want to play every event, it wouldn’t be hard to narrow that to 48 per event.

I admit that I haven’t read all the details about the LIV, but my question is if this is limited to 48 players, how do you determine the cut-off if more PGA players keep jumping ship for a quick payday? And then what’s one’s game plan if the PGA doesn’t welcome that person back? SOL?

Determine the cut-off? With a bone saw.

Honestly, the quick cash grab probably was the right call for him. He's not getting anymore sponsor exemptions and his road to the PGAT would have involved Monday qualifying for KF events, which, while doable (see Zalatoris, Will), is a tough road and almost impossible for Ogletree given the state of his game.

i think some of these really low tier guys like him who have no home are grabbing some cash from LIV to give them some time to qualify for an actual tour.

i think some of these really low tier guys like him who have no home are grabbing some cash from LIV to give them some time to qualify for an actual tour.

That assumes that the PGAT lets them try.

Yeah but I don't think the PGA Tour would keep a player out if they aren't a member yet when they played in LIV events. I'm not sure what grounds they would have to do that. As long as they no longer played in LIV events.

Yeah but I don't think the PGA Tour would keep a player out if they aren't a member yet when they played in LIV events. I'm not sure what grounds they would have to do that. As long as they no longer played in LIV events.

Ogeltree was named in Monahan's letter, but agree that since he didn't have a tour card I'm not sure what they could actually do to him.

Neither is the course. Between the US Open and the playoffs, there are quite a few uninteresting courses. The Irish is the better event and field.

Have you looked at the Irish Open board? It's far worse than the John Deere.

I'm not saying the LIV field can hold a candle to the Scottish Open field or the Barclays. But this week the LIV field is much stronger than the Irish and the John Deere--even if those fields were combined.

This is just a down week for the PGA Tour. They have to have those weeks, so not criticizing it. And it's no doubt why there is a LIV tournament this week.

Back