• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

It's funny watching how hard they are trying to play up the team aspect of this thing and the players trying to act like how much the team thing played in their decision to play LIV. Patrick Reed actually said he was looking forward to being "Captain America" more, like he could give a crap about anybody but himself.

Reed made more money finishing 3rd this weekend than winning the Masters. And with no endorsements since he’s an asshole, now he can do what he’s always wanted and just tell all of the golf fan broke pricks they are assholes too.

Maybe he can tell his chupacabra of a wife to fuck off too.

Reed made more money finishing 3rd this weekend than winning the Masters. And with no endorsements since he’s an asshole, now he can do what he’s always wanted and just tell all of the golf fan broke pricks they are assholes too.

That's good. He can sit in a room by himself and count his money and tell himself that he could have been one of the great ones.

Um the guy is one of the great ones.

Pat Perez was not one of the great ones. But he just shot 80 and won 900k for just being a good dude which got him in this. That’s more money than he’d have ever made going forward on the anti-Muslim Tour.

We can finally get the answer to the question of how much money can whitewash away a reputation for cheating.

Um the guy is one of the great ones.

Pat Perez was not one of the great ones. But he just shot 80 and won 900k for just being a good dude which got him in this. That’s more money than he’d have ever made going forward on the anti-Muslim Tour.

Um, 9 wins and 1 major does not make him one of the great ones.

the anti-muslim tour? are you just trolling at this point?

We can finally get the answer to the question of how much money can whitewash away a reputation for cheating.

Heck of an investment to buy like 60 golfers and a few tens of thousands of fans.

But hey Greg Norman threw some beers to fans! Long LIV!

Remind you of anyone?

First of many wins for who??? A handful of has-beens? Those guys are a couple of months away from nobody even remembering they exist. They all sold their businesses and got out of the industry for good. That’s all it is.

I have a neat golf story from last week. I'm a 13 index (trending downward LFG) and love playing golf. Obviously, I'm not the best golfer but I can get it around the course just fine. My club hosts a few one day Member Guests along with the major Men's Invitational every year. For the June Guest Day, I was paired with a friend who brought an older gentleman I assume was his client. The gentleman was a member at a club down in the Bethesda, MD area. Super nice guy.

After we play, I notice the guest (who is over 70) is hitting it 270ish center of the fairway. He's also all over the flag. I make some comments to him about how well he is playing, because he is playing some good golf. He had a ton of birdie looks but didn't get many of them to drop. He played a super round of golf though.

After the round was over, I talk to my friend and mention how well his guest played. He said, "I hope so, he's played in 4 Masters and made the cut once." Turns out the guy was one of the top amateurs in the world at one point. He had represented the US in the Walker Cup, played in the US Open, US Senior Open and a slew of other events. The guy is basically a golfing legend and was so humble.

That day was one of the reasons I love golf.

First of many wins for who??? A handful of has-beens? Those guys are a couple of months away from nobody even remembering they exist. They all sold their businesses and got out of the industry for good. That’s all it is.

Nice subject change. As I have said all along, the PGA Tour is acting illegally attempting (unsuccessfully) to stamp down competition. They are law breakers and will be held accountable for their illegal actions.

Back