• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Yeah not my best phrasing. But it was better than "Norman's head will be on the chopping block soon".

LIV wants names, even if those names are well past their primes. Cam Young, Mito Pereira and Tom Kim are young guys on the rise, but they are not household names. LIV is not gunning for them, and I'd hope that they would not want to damage their burgeoning careers by taking the easy money that would harm their careers.

The London Times is reporting today that Cameron Young is, in fact, going to LIV. Time will tell. Hope he doesn't.

If LIV adds Smith, Young, Hideki (and I predict they'll also add Cantlay and Xander), all of a sudden the LIV field looks incredibly better than it has up to this point. Regardless of what you think about LIV and where the money is coming from, I don't think we can judge the strength of their league just yet. In a few weeks, it could look incredibly different.

These guys taking the fed ex cup money, and then taking the bag from LIV may be the biggest scumbags of them all. Hope young smith and hideki get ousted from the prez cup too

I have no clue what this Judge ruled yesterday. She hasn't filed her order yet. I'm guessing it's just an irreparable harm issue based on the media reports but who knows with the media.

Varner is good as gone as well, as I posted months ago, only to be dismissed.

I have no clue what this Judge ruled yesterday. She hasn't filed her order yet. I'm guessing it's just an irreparable harm issue based on the media reports but who knows with the media.

Varner is good as gone as well, as I posted months ago, only to be dismissed.

Well who cares if Varner goes for one, and secondly you were dismissed because Varner announced he wasn’t going after the talk with Michael Jordan.

https://www.si.com/golf/news/michael-jordan-advises-harold-varner-iii-to-decline-nuts-liv-offer-stay-on-pga-tour

So Varner himself also dismissed you.

24a1ef15-3daf-405d-9b54-341fda1ee67c_text.gif

I’m making an Excel spreadsheet to help me decide on the right response.

Michael wasn't there last week but he has been there before.

The bottom line is Mike needs to write Harold a check for 50 million if he has an opinion. A fine young man from Gastonia has to get paid.

They don't even win money when they win.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/liv-golf-lawyer-prize-money

An LIV Golf representative from its law firm of Gibson Dunn spoke on the record.

"The prize purses are in addition to," the representative said. "There is no draw at LIV Golf on any finances. We just wanted to, on the record … it’s in addition to." Addressing the players, the representative said, "... this is your first event, but you should know that from your contracts. You can attest to it. Thank you guys.”

that story makes it sound like the golfer's attorneys thought that the Brandel Chamblee "scoop" was correct and relied on it rather than reading contracts, but that's just too stupid to possibly be true, even for the ambulance chasing bar.

Big firms send old guys to argue cases. It usually backfires because they don’t know the case as well as the attorneys who actually did the work.

Hiring old guys is usually a bad idea for any job. Particularly a lawyer or a D1 basketball coach.

i don't think Gibson Dunn was advising the golfers, but not sure on that one

Big firms send old guys to argue cases. It usually backfires because they don’t know the case as well as the attorneys who actually did the work.

Hiring old guys is usually a bad idea for any job. Particularly a lawyer or a D1 basketball coach.
So young lawyers and young D1 coaches are best of breed? On what evidence? Or is this just anecdotal in your personal experience? Or maybe you should define old.

Back