• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

In case you haven’t noticed, I’m not afraid to tell anyone what I think about how Wake basketball can succeed and not succeed.

There is zero chance you have the nuts to call Forbes fat to his face.

Why would I taunt Forbes with that? Alums made the choice to hire him. I need to be telling them so we stop making such horrific decisions.

A tractor pull arena and an old coach hasn’t worked for 30 years now. It’s long past time our alums are smarter.

Important today that Cam Smith not win. The PGA has to be rooting for Scheffler to be POY.

Why would I taunt Forbes with that? Alums made the choice to hire him. I need to be telling them so we stop making such horrific decisions.

A tractor pull arena and an old coach hasn’t worked for 30 years now. It’s long past time our alums are smarter.

They have been smart enough to not waste money on some dumb ass high school gym and invest boat loads of money into football, the sport that actually matters.

Hoping Will makes a run today.

They have been smart enough to not waste money on some dumb ass high school gym and invest boat loads of money into football, the sport that actually matters.

Hoping Will makes a run today.

You and I agree 100% that this was the decision made. We chose not to win in basketball.

And I agree, many think that was wise. And maybe it was. But I appreciate the honesty: we suck at basketball because we chose to suck at basketball.

Let's talk facts over feelings. In the space of three years Steve Forbes has been named Coach of The Year in the SoCon and The ACC. He brought a 70% win record into Wake Forest. So now he is fat and old. Just stop it. Coach K brought a 55% win record to Duke. In year 3, the Dukies wanted him fired. Too young and a loser. In his 5th year he finished first in the conference. No one at that time thought Cameron Indoor was anything but an old rundown gym. Believe as you will, but history belies feelings. I have no clue what the Forbes era will bring, but fat and old is just fucking ridiculous. Especially considering he is the current Coach of the Year in the ACC.

Forbes has had an impressive start at Wake.

A great 5-7 year run next would emphasize the problem. Forbes due to age and condition will not be the Wake coach in 15 years. There are no massive payoff years if he does start winning. There is nothing new about my position on this. I have only been saying it for 25 years here.

All the greats are hired in their 30s. Not because 55 year olds aren't great. Just because they have no time for the payoff years.

Forbes has had an impressive start at Wake.

A great 5-7 year run next would emphasize the problem. Forbes due to age and condition will not be the Wake coach in 15 years. There are no massive payoff years if he does start winning. There is nothing new about my position on this. I have only been saying it for 25 years here.

All the greats are hired in their 30s. Not because 55 year olds aren't great. Just because they have no time for the payoff years.

I think Carolina would disagree with your last sentence regarding their last coach.

Roy was hired by Kansas at age 38. UNC got the payoff years.

Amazing duke, UNC, Kansas, UCLA, Indiana all hired their legendary coaches in their 30s. But we view it as too risky. What exactly are we risking? We suck.

Nice win Willy Z!

I don't know why we don't just shoot coaches once they reach about 50. If they develop a gut then even sooner. They're no longer good to anyone.

Last edited:
Dude flies halfway around the world to attempt to gain a few world ranking points on the Asian Tour. He lost to Thippong Nitthorn from Thailand, currently ranked #371, by 8 strokes.

So to clarify, the best and most famous Wake Forest golfer on tour currently won yesterday and this thread is full of people engaging with DR about Wake Forest basketball? Why does anyone on this website care at all what he has to say on that topic anymore?

Anyways, congrats to Will, that was exciting. His reaction to making that putt on the 72nd hole was incredible, it's pretty clear he's heard a lot of the criticism about his putting and has worked hard at it. If he was hitting more fairways yesterday he wins that tournament by several strokes. But with his iron/wedge game, that dude can win just about any given week and it's fun to watch.

So to clarify, the best and most famous Wake Forest golfer on tour currently won yesterday and this thread is full of people engaging with DR about Wake Forest basketball? Why does anyone on this website care at all what he has to say on that topic anymore?

Anyways, congrats to Will, that was exciting. His reaction to making that putt on the 72nd hole was incredible, it's pretty clear he's heard a lot of the criticism about his putting and has worked hard at it. If he was hitting more fairways yesterday he wins that tournament by several strokes. But with his iron/wedge game, that dude can win just about any given week and it's fun to watch.

well, there is the Professional Deacon Golf thread as well

well, there is the Professional Deacon Golf thread as well

Gotcha, I missed that thread somehow. Maybe we should just rename this one DR's playground and make that the non-LIV golf thread.

The finish to the Fed Ex Tourney was exciting and compelling. The pressure on Will, Straka and everyone else (including the JJ Spaun meltdown) was dramatic and palpable. Unlike anything that LIV will ever produce. Will in tears after finally getting his first PGAT win. Straka and Will both having to navigate the tight tee shots on 18 both in regulation and in the playoff. On the LIV tour, Zalatoris would be finishing up for the Niblicks on the 6th hole, while Straka would be playing for the Cruisers on the 13th. Oh wait, they wouldn't have been because JJ Spaun would have won (undeservedly) after 54 holes for the High Rollers. LIV is a joke. FWIW, the PGAT is currently better without the aging LIV a-holes. I'm not missing Kevin Na and Bubba Watson. Is anyone?

The finish to the Fed Ex Tourney was exciting and compelling. The pressure on Will, Straka and everyone else (including the JJ Spaun meltdown) was dramatic and palpable. Unlike anything that LIV will ever produce. Will in tears after finally getting his first PGAT win. Straka and Will both having to navigate the tight tee shots on 18 both in regulation and in the playoff. On the LIV tour, Zalatoris would be finishing up for the Niblicks on the 6th hole, while Straka would be playing for the Cruisers on the 13th. Oh wait, they wouldn't have been because JJ Spaun would have won (undeservedly) after 54 holes for the High Rollers. LIV is a joke. FWIW, the PGAT is currently better without the aging LIV a-holes. I'm not missing Kevin Na and Bubba Watson. Is anyone?

Everything with you is just anti-LIV. You're just a PGA shill. :)

No, I agree with everything you said. Memphis isn't my favorite course, but it's dangerous with a lot of water. The odd thing was Will maintained his lead while driving it poorly most of the day. Some really clutch putts and up and downs. It's great to see him win, but even better to do it the way he did. And I do find it hilarious that Reed's T31 dropped him 3 points. Playing 3 years of meaningless exhibitions and then serving a suspension, I wonder how many of the LIV guys will be relevant on the PGA tour again say 5 years down the road.

Dude flies halfway around the world to attempt to gain a few world ranking points on the Asian Tour. He lost to Thippong Nitthorn from Thailand, currently ranked #371, by 8 strokes.

Hope he brought his family with him for some of that "quality time" he was harping on a few weeks ago in front of the mic......

Back