• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Yeah, I’m going to miss him. I heard multiple stories around town that he was at the hotel bar with his dad until 3 am on Sat night before last year’s final round at the BMW at Caves. Really liked him after that.

Seemed like a different sort of player. His Players’ win this past year was really strong as well. A guy who drives it all over the map with an amazing short game is fun to watch. Sucks he’s leaving.

That might have been the day he found out LIV was offering him $100 million. He and dad may have felt like partying a little.

1. Aaron Wise: 65th

32. Maverick McNealy: 50th

33. K.H. Lee: 45th

34. Lucas Glover: 43rd

35. Denny McCarthy: 42nd

36. Seamus Power: 41st

37. Shane Lowry: 38th

38. Keith Mitchell: 36th

39. Cameron Tringale: 33rd

40. Trey Mullinax: 30th

41. Mito Pereira: 30th

42. Luke List: 30th

43. Russell Henley: 29th

44. Keegan Bradley: 28th

45. Adam Scott: 23rd

46. Scott Stallings: 17th

47. Andrew Putnam: 17th

48. Kurt Kitayama: 16th

49. Sebastián Muñoz: 15th

50. Tyrrell Hatton: 15th

51. Cam Davis: 14th

52. Mackenzie Hughes: 13th

53. Si Woo Kim: 12th

54. Lucas Herbert: 12th

55. Emiliano Grillo: 11th

56. Tommy Fleetwood (not competing)

57. Troy Merritt: 10th

58. Chez Reavie: 9th

59. Adam Hadwin: 9th

60. Christiaan Bezuidenhout: 8th

61. Chris Kirk: 7th

62. Taylor Moore: 7th

63. Matt Kuchar: 7th

64. Brendan Steele: 7th

65. Harold Varner III: 6th

66. Alex Noren: 6th

67. Taylor Pendrith: 6th

68. Marc Leishman: 6th

69. Alex Smalley: 6th

70. Wyndham Clark: 5th

https://www.sportscasting.com/sepp-...W0_NqHQdGHbmBEWZ0JfOvMp3RWEuHGO1HlPKNicBHAwjo

I disagree with this. The reason is, if the PGA tour wants this to be "the playoffs" then like other sports, upsets happen in the playoffs. So to me, this akin to a team that didn't have a great regular season pulling an upset in the playoffs. Sepp Straka, a guy that missed his previous 6 cuts finishing 2nd in a playoff loss is a big upset. The only difference is, the top players aren't eliminated and still have great chance at the Fedex Cup. In other sports, it doesn't matter how good a "regular" season you had, if you lose in the playoffs, you're out. The writer says it is a season long competition, no it's a season long competition to get into and position yourself in the top 125 and then pretty much everybody has a shot. Some are better positioned then others, but isn't a "playoff" in sports supposed to be a new competition and "teams/players" that faired better in the regular season are better positioned in the playoffs, but everybody has a chance. You had at least 3 of the top players in the Fedex Cup rankings miss the cut, they deserve to drop in the rankings behind a guy that came within an eyelash of winning. However, unlike other sports, Rory, Scottie, Jordan, etc., still have a shot. I've never been that big on the "the playoffs" in golf, but if they're going to have, then those playoff tournaments should count of for a lot more.

The difference is that a current PGA player who accomplishes half of what Tiger did is going to make a shit ton more money that Tiger did, directly from the tour, because of Tiger and the guys who helped change the system over the past couple of decades.

Same could be said of Tiger and his contemporaries with respect to Arnie and Jack. They made golf a weekend watch on TV and got the money pipeline built and the spigot open.

I mean, we're supposed be OK with a guy who decided to leave for blood money just because he's not from the US? Screw that nonsense.

Smart move by Tiger. He needs something to do.

And the PGA tour doesn’t need to be paying a commissioner over 10 million anyway. Monahan’s resume is worse than Ron Wellman’s. They both flunked high school before going to shit schools and duping the sports world with nice hair and no real world experience.

Getting back to golf, Gavin Green just missed out on a playoff in Prague when his 10' putt did a 360 on him.

The 1st thing I saw when I tuned in yesterday was a physio working on Will. Terrible time to have back issues. Hope he can go next week.

Tom Weiskopf, retired PGA golfer, has died. He was 79. He has 28 wins on the PGA Tour, mostly in the '70s.

And isn't in the hall of fame....as much for his golf as his design it seems like he should be in

Weiskopf won the 1975 GGO at Sedgefield in the next to last year before it moved to Forest Oaks

Back