• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Agree with Ricky going with a wood on 17 in the playoff but not in regulation. He had a 2 stroke lead. He could hit a 3 wood to the front edge, like most everyone else. Driver absolutely brings into play the water long behind the green. 5-6 iron, lob wedge was absolutely the right call. Great playoff and happy that Matsuyama won because I've never been a Ricky fan. But yes, Matsuyama is painfully slow. Though of all the Japanese guys who've played on the PGA tour over the years, he's the 1 guy who I think has the potential to win a couple of majors. That was a fun watch.

Pebble and Riviera are 2 of my favorite courses to watch, so the next 2 weeks will be fun.

Did anyone see Chris Berman yesterday? They were following him pretty closely. Holy crap--he is a whale and looks 20 years older than he is.

Yeah, I was watching last night. Berman has always had a god awful swing and sucks at golf. I don't know why they show certain celebrities so much at Pebble. Okay, show Bill Murray's antics, but the rest of the time show real golf on 1 of the most beautiful courses in the world. Actually, they could just show the action on 8, 9 and 10, and I'd be fine with that.

Yeah, I was watching last night. Berman has always had a god awful swing and sucks at golf. I don't know why they show certain celebrities so much at Pebble. Okay, show Bill Murray's antics, but the rest of the time show real golf on 1 of the most beautiful courses in the world. Actually, they could just show the action on 8, 9 and 10, and I'd be fine with that.

Throw in 7 and 18 and I'd agree with you.

Boomer is a fat tub of goo and a terrible golfer.

Throw in 7 and 18 and I'd agree with you.

Or anything from Monterrey Peninusla CC.

Nothing like watching Pebble Beach golf during a wind chill advisory to really make you want to move to California.

Vaughn Taylor, no kidding. Who wins next week, Chris Riley?

Bill got his second top-10 of the season. Good start.

Missed it today because I was driving back this afternoon. What happened to FIGJAM? I had figured he was a shoe in given that leaderboard. Who is Vaughn Taylor?

Vaughn Taylor has played on a Ryder Cup team.

That miss on 18 was the only putt inside 6 feet that Mickelson missed all week.

That miss on 18 was the only putt inside 6 feet that Mickelson missed all week.

You could almost see it coming when they flashed the "23 out of 23" graphic right before that putt. I was surprised he didn't take a more aggressive line on the chip, to be honest.

Vaughn Taylor has played on a Ryder Cup team.

Did we have like 20 withdrawals due to injury in 2006? I seriously don't remember the guy. Had to google him, and evidently he won the Tahoe-Reno Open twice. I don't even remember the Tahoe-Reno Open. Watched about an hour of the tape delay coverage last night as the leaders were finishing the front 9, and they hadn't shown him at that point. But apparently he's from Roanoke, so good for him. And Phil lost, so it was a good day.

Did we have like 20 withdrawals due to injury in 2006? I seriously don't remember the guy. Had to google him, and evidently he won the Tahoe-Reno Open twice. I don't even remember the Tahoe-Reno Open. Watched about an hour of the tape delay coverage last night as the leaders were finishing the front 9, and they hadn't shown him at that point. But apparently he's from Roanoke, so good for him. And Phil lost, so it was a good day.

He's from Roanoke, played at Augusta State and lives in Augusta now.
He gets to sleep in his own bed during the Masters this year.

You could almost see it coming when they flashed the "23 out of 23" graphic right before that putt. I was surprised he didn't take a more aggressive line on the chip, to be honest.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when they showed the graphic. Overall Phil's playing better but still struggles to put together 4 good/great rounds. I was rooting for Phil but happy for Vaughn and add me to the list of people who knew nothing about him before yesterday.

Back