• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Big firms send old guys to argue cases. It usually backfires because they don’t know the case as well as the attorneys who actually did the work.

Hiring old guys is usually a bad idea for any job. Particularly a lawyer or a D1 basketball coach.
DR is 45 going on 60 and still no respect for experienced professionals.

DR is 45 going on 60 and still no respect for experienced professionals.

I'm half the lawyer I was 10 years ago. You get fat and happy and lose the edge. No doubt the money keeps rolling in from all of the investments you made while younger, but if your chips aren't already where they need to be, you are screwed at 50. Same with college basketball. For the most part, the best coaches are in their 50s and 60s IF they have already built it before they became old. From Dean to K to Knight to Roy to Wooden, this was true for all the greats. You start old and you will either die before the payoff comes or you won't be able to stay modern enough. That's a problem that has plagued WF hoops for decades. We are old and fat like Staak, Prosser, Forbes. Great folks. But we've had little chance to build sustainability.

The Odom hire at 47 paid real dividends. Manning was the right age but was horrible for other reasons. Mainly because he was rich and lazy. You need young and hungry and Odom was that.

Last edited:
Wow, read Judge Freeman's order. Big mistake choosing that court over filing in Palm Beach county. My only guess is they liked the 9th Circuit more than the 11th. I guess we will see what the 9th circuit has to say but this was a much bigger pop to LIV's litigation chances than I would have anticipated.

The logic "you are rich, so I don't care if you lose money--even wrongfully" has much appeal with jurors but usually not Judges like this. I am very surprised by her order.

Thank you for admitting that you aren’t always 100% right.

They chose to file on California because of Florida due to that court's history of siding with workers.

Wow, read Judge Freeman's order. Big mistake choosing that court over filing in Palm Beach county. My only guess is they liked the 9th Circuit more than the 11th. I guess we will see what the 9th circuit has to say but this was a much bigger pop to LIV's litigation chances than I would have anticipated.

The logic "you are rich, so I don't care if you lose money--even wrongfully" has much appeal with jurors but usually not Judges like this. I am very surprised by her order.

Oh that's the logic huh? LOL. Yeah, the judge's thinking was I know my ruling is wrong but I'm going to do it anyway.

Not even a good attempt at trying to subtly twist the ruling into you still being right. I remain embarrassed for you. Ouch.

Last edited:
good golf chat

I have regretted keeping up with this thread. Big mistake. That's on me.

J/K it's actually kind of fascinating, and I can see that some of you are as emotionally invested in golf as you (and I) are in all things Wake Forest.

I assume DR told Forbes that at the steakhouse because that would have been a prime opportunity see what I did there. Or actually I can’t remember if he he was at the steakhouse or not. But he appears to claim access to the program so presumably Forbes has heard directly from him that he’s old and fat. How did he take it?

In case you haven’t noticed, I’m not afraid to tell anyone what I think about how Wake basketball can succeed and not succeed.

So you are going to tell Forbes to his face he’s old and fat and wake shouldn’t have hired him?

giphy.gif

I'm half the lawyer I was 10 years ago. You get fat and happy and lose the edge. No doubt the money keeps rolling in from all of the investments you made while younger, but if your chips aren't already where they need to be, you are screwed at 50. Same with college basketball. For the most part, the best coaches are in their 50s and 60s IF they have already built it before they became old. From Dean to K to Knight to Roy to Wooden, this was true for all the greats. You start old and you will either die before the payoff comes or you won't be able to stay modern enough. That's a problem that has plagued WF hoops for decades. We are old and fat like Staak, Prosser, Forbes. Great folks. But we've had little chance to build sustainability.

The Odom hire at 47 paid real dividends. Manning was the right age but was horrible for other reasons. Mainly because he was rich and lazy. You need young and hungry and Odom was that.

Given this admission, shouldn't you also advise us that we shouldn't listen to any advice you are giving at this point?

I'm trying to figure out why DR thinks giving tens of millions of guaranteed money to fat and happy old golfers is a good business model.

i wish dr would acknowledge that it's our satanic mascot that is the real reason for our struggles

Only a loser school would have a mascot that could drop dead at any moment. This is why I've been saying for years that we need to replace the Deacon with the Pelicans' King Cake Baby. Its best years are still ahead of it. You people let this happen.

Back