• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

When Stewart Cink is the most exciting name on the leaderboard you’ve got a star problem in golf

Three DEACs in Top 10 with Will, Cameron and Webb.

Young and Zalatoris paired together in the 2nd to last group tomorrow. Awesome buzz for WF Golf. Will get lots of mentions tomorrow

When Stewart Cink is the most exciting name on the leaderboard you’ve got a star problem in golf

I have no problem with the leaderboard at all. So the few big names didn't play well. Watson and Thomas bogeying 18 may have put them too far back, and Rory had a mostly awful day - his short game often disappears at the wrong time these days. But if you follow golf, Fitzpatrick is a name. He's won several times on the DP tour and has been a Ryder Cupper. Pereira and Young are rookie of the year candidates, and Pereira also finished T3 at the Olympics. Zalatoris was last year's rookie of the year and has already been runner up in a couple of majors. And Ancer has been a player on the rise the last 3 years or so and has played in the Presidents Cup. These guys are good golfers who have outplayed the bigger names, and we have 2 Wake guys with a great chance of winning a major playing together. Should be a good pairing for both, and I'm psyched. Add to that, Wake and Old Town are getting a lot of pub from the CBS team due to Young, Zalatoris and the Maxwell connection.

As a WF alum, hard to imagine a better leaderboard. As mentioned above 3 of the top 10 are Deacs, Fitzpatrick's brother is a Deac. Although unrelated to WF, Mito has a ton of talent, he won 3 times in short period of time on the KFT, and then grabbed a ton of top 20s on the PGA tour after getting the mid-season promotion last year. It was only a matter of time before Mito won on the PGA Tour. Didn't think it would be a major for win #1. Also, like the Masters, fully expect Rory to make a big run today. He may never have a legit shot to win it, but his recent MO has been to play himself out of tournaments and then make a big run at the end to make it seem like he was closer to winning than he really was.

As a WF alum, hard to imagine a better leaderboard. As mentioned above 3 of the top 10 are Deacs, Fitzpatrick's brother is a Deac. Although unrelated to WF, Mito has a ton of talent, he won 3 times in short period of time on the KFT, and then grabbed a ton of top 20s on the PGA tour after getting the mid-season promotion last year. It was only a matter of time before Mito won on the PGA Tour. Didn't think it would be a major for win #1. Also, like the Masters, fully expect Rory to make a big run today. He may never have a legit shot to win it, but his recent MO has been to play himself out of tournaments and then make a big run at the end to make it seem like he was closer to winning than he really was.

Rory pretty much has been the epitome of non-competitive top 5 the last handful of years. Hate seeing it because he is one of a few guys who are must watch golf for me.

Perhaps he overruled his caddie on the 18th and went with driver. If not, the caddie needs a kick in the ass!

Disappointed that neither Zalitoris nor Young won. But more disappointed by Pereira's double on 18 to miss the playoff. I think it's bad for the sport when a tournament is lost that way. It reminded me of Ogilvy winning when Phil and Monty melted down on 18 (though I always loved it when Monty had melt downs down the stretch in majors).

Disappointed that neither Zalitoris nor Young won. But more disappointed by Pereira's double on 18 to miss the playoff. I think it's bad for the sport when a tournament is lost that way. It reminded me of Ogilvy winning when Phil and Monty melted down on 18 (though I always loved it when Monty had melt downs down the stretch in majors).

I heard that it was pretty much exactly the same as Phil. Needed a par to win, bogey for playoff and ended up doubling 18 to miss both.

On top of the train-wreck on 18, Mito's birdie putt on 17 was literally on the edge of the cup (Caddyshack style), but didn't drop. Had a very uncomfortable feeling after the ball stayed out.

Just a brutal way to lose a tournament that he essentially led for two days.

Last edited:
On top of the train-wreck on 18, Mito's birdie putt on 17 was literally on the edge of the cup (Caddyshack style), but didn't drop. Had a very uncomfortable feeling after the ball stayed oout.

Just a brutal way to lose a tournament that he essentially led for two days.

One more ball revolution on 17 and he has a two stroke lead and probably hits less than driver on 18 (you would think).

Back