• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Just googled his career earnings. $44,238,348 is not too bad for a guy that has flown under the radar for most of his career. Won a few tournaments and got to play in the Ryder Cup. Quiet enough to stay out of the spotlight and good enough to make a boatload of money.

Yeah I would say he's done pretty good. US Open and Players Champion, 7 time PGA tour winner.

I get that it's out of the rota now because of Trump. But it was little used before Trump bought it. They've only had like 7 Opens there over the years. And it's the prettiest layout and 1 of the more difficult layouts in the Open rota.

Not sure about difficulty, have played Turnberry 3 times and shot 75 two of those times as compared to Muirfield which I have played 3 times and best score has been 83 or Troon even, two rounds there and best score 80. Just my personal comparison, but Turnberry is a lovely layout.

Not sure about difficulty, have played Turnberry 3 times and shot 75 two of those times as compared to Muirfield which I have played 3 times and best score has been 83 or Troon even, two rounds there and best score 80. Just my personal comparison, but Turnberry is a lovely layout.

I'm not as well traveled. But Muirfield may be the hardest course I've played. Or Carnoustie

Seems like Tom Watson was pretty good on that track.

I'm not as well traveled. But Muirfield may be the hardest course I've played. Or Carnoustie

Forgot Carnoustie probably blocked it out, 3 rounds raked out one 79 by parring the last 3 holes, very tough. Agree about Muirfield as scores indicate, and then there is St. Andrews, simply the best!

So much varies day to day in the UK including weather, green speed and amount of rough. I have seen Carnoustie play as the hardest in the world and also quite tame.

I agree that Turnberry is for the most part one of the easiest on the Rota. But those views and that luxury are amazing, particularly in trips chalked full of crappy toilets and crappy food.

I was 2 under through 15 at Carnoustie and finished bogey, double, quad. I’m Van de Velde apparently.

I'm kinda surprised they can't just say "The LIV Tour is explicitly and openly funded by the Saudi Public Investment fund and MBL, and our CIA has determined that MBL and his cohorts are responsible for the execution and dismemberment of a journalist living in America. Because of this, our membership reserves the right to exclude those MBL employs."

I mean, I don't get how their case has any merit generally (the defectors literally signed agreements that force them to play in every LIV event, yet are arguing against a very similar requirement by the PGA Tour), but I REALLY don't get how an American company would be forced by the US Government to employ folks working on behalf of a foreign adversary. Should take like a 2 sentence rebuttal and be dismissed immediately.

Yeah, gosh darn I just dont know how I 4 and 5 putted those last few greens. Crazy game

Haha, I know right. There are guys at my club that unless it's a tourney round, if they've got too good a round going, those 2 footers just get impossible on the last 3 or 4 holes.

I read the Complaint. I don’t have any idea if the allegations are true, but if the pga tour was lobbying the DP tour to ban the LIV players, and lobbying the majors to ban the LIV players, and lobbying to get the LIV players excluded from the Ryder Cup, that sure sounds like anti-competitive conduct

Turnberry is the most spectacular course I have ever played - I haven't played all the great ones, for sure, but I have played Pebble, for instance. It was also very hard when we played it - but it was very windy. I played much better at Carnoustie. Troon was impossible for us but it was raining sideways with a strong crosswind every hole.
But, to be clear, Turnberry was ridiculously gorgeous!

Have not read the entire lawsuit, but the devil appears to be in the details of the remedies available in this case. What do they want? Do they want a ruling only that the LIV people cannot be suspended? Or do they want a ruling that the PGA Tour cannot restrict any member from playing on another tour, period? Do they go so far as to try to invalidate any restriction whatsoever on PGA Tour members? Gibson Dunn, Quinn Emanuel, and Baker McKenzie have taken the case, so they will make the best possible arguments. But whatever the result, if LIV prevails in some way, how narrow or broad the relief ends up will determine how significant the impact on golf and other sports will be.

Last edited:
Back