• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I'm just observing the PGA/LIV fracas. It seems to be a choice of one or the other. Make your choice and live with it. No exceptions. None.

I can assure you there’s not a tournament director in golf that would give an exemption to an LIV player. I also know that some of those guys have been good to the Wyndham in the past but are now no longer welcome. Mark Brazil has made his feelings on the LIV known since the beginning and its don’t let the door hit you in the ass.

On a completely other note there are many PGA tour events who have a fund in which they pay certain players to play in their event. Obviously not LIV money but a guarantee no matter how they play in the event.

Joohyoung ("Tom") Kim 20 year-old golf phenom opened the Wyndham by carding a quad 8 on the first hole of the tournament. He has played the next 35 holes at -13, and he shares the Wyndham lead half-way through round 2. Realize there is a lot of tourney left (unlike LIV events), but wonder what the worst opening hole a PGAT winner has ever had.

Joohyoung ("Tom") Kim 20 year-old golf phenom opened the Wyndham by carding a quad 8 on the first hole of the tournament. He has played the next 35 holes at -13, and he shares the Wyndham lead half-way through round 2. Realize there is a lot of tourney left (unlike LIV events), but wonder what the worst opening hole a PGAT winner has ever had.

I'm still trying to figure out how you make an 8 on that hole, then go bogey free the rest of the day (though first round leader John Huh also made a mess of that hole today with a 7)? That would be a pretty wild storyline if he ends up on top on Sunday. That guy has been on fire for the last few months.

I also noticed that Monday qualifier Blake McShea, recent UNCW alum and NC native (who made it through the pre-qualifier on the number, then shot 65 to grab one of 4 spots in the Monday qualifier) shot a 65 in round 2 today to jump into the top-10. Could be a life-changing weekend for him as well.

Bill Haas misses the cut at the Wyndham. Looks like he will miss out on his card after using his one-time all-time money list exemption. Unfortunate but he should still get some starts next year.

Hey vt….appearance fees are not allowed on tour, asshole , these are sponsor funded and not from the general tournament budget

Will closed with 2 eagles and a birdie over the last 6 holes to make the cut at -3…

Webb shows as WD after birdieing 17. He was 1 over, so he would have had to eagle 18 to make the cut. Currently projected as 123 on Fed Ex list, so he will be sweating out the weekend play. Injury?

Bill Haas misses the cut at the Wyndham. Looks like he will miss out on his card after using his one-time all-time money list exemption. Unfortunate but he should still get some starts next year.

Long time fan, but Haas has played like crap this season, particularly over the last few tournaments. He is all over the place with his driver recently, and has had knack of finding water. At the Rocket Mortgage, Haas started birdie birdie, and perhaps, he was going to make a push for the top 125 (the LIV defections helped), but after crushing his drive on the first par 5, he chose to lay up as there was a pond near the green. On his third shot, Haas was 105 from from the green, he chunked his wedge into the water, took double, and all momentum was gone. Haas shows glimpses of his past form, but he hasn't put it together for four consecutive rounds for a long time.

Webb shows as WD after birdieing 17. He was 1 over, so he would have had to eagle 18 to make the cut. Currently projected as 123 on Fed Ex list, so he will be sweating out the weekend play. Injury?

Not sure your implication. But Webb is not in danger of losing his card. He may not make FedEx playoff this year. But he's not losing playing privileges

Long time fan, but Haas has played like crap this season, particularly over the last few tournaments. He is all over the place with his driver recently, and has had knack of finding water. At the Rocket Mortgage, Haas started birdie birdie, and perhaps, he was going to make a push for the top 125 (the LIV defections helped), but after crushing his drive on the first par 5, he chose to lay up as there was a pond near the green. On his third shot, Haas was 105 from from the green, he chunked his wedge into the water, took double, and all momentum was gone. Haas shows glimpses of his past form, but he hasn't put it together for four consecutive rounds for a long time.

He has not played well at all since 2018, following the wreck. Had a decent year in 2017. That, and whatever else, have affected his play since. And it doesn’t take much to fall back enough. There is a ton of talent out there.

To me, Muirfield isn't as scenic as a lot of the other Scottish courses, I guess because the land there, Gullane and Renaissance is flatter and has less mounding. But it does have some interesting green complexes and bunkering. Guess I'm rooting for Shibuno tomorrow.

As for Bill, I always rooted harder for him than I did Webb and got to follow him around 1 time at Eastlake. But he hasn't been the same since the accident. And I don't realistically foresee him hanging on tour much longer. But he has had a nice career and made good $$. And kudos to him and Rickie for still trying to play on tour after their games have left them rather than joining LIV.

I too am a huge Bill fan but agree he hasn’t been the same since the accident. Guys on tour always talked about how much talent he has and not getting the results. I keep hoping he’ll bust out of the slump but it doesn’t look like it. He’s always been good to the Wyndham and Mark will forever give him a spot. His mom and dad were following him on Friday which was nice to see. Bill always contented here but now can make the cut.

Z firing his caddy after the round seems strange. I watched him play 17 and 18 and on each hole was walking 20 yards ahead. I’m not sure who was on the bag today but he did shoot a 66. Bad first round cost him.

I too am a huge Bill fan but agree he hasn’t been the same since the accident. Guys on tour always talked about how much talent he has and not getting the results. I keep hoping he’ll bust out of the slump but it doesn’t look like it. He’s always been good to the Wyndham and Mark will forever give him a spot. His mom and dad were following him on Friday which was nice to see. Bill always contented here but now can make the cut.

Z firing his caddy after the round seems strange. I watched him play 17 and 18 and on each hole was walking 20 yards ahead. I’m not sure who was on the bag today but he did shoot a 66. Bad first round cost him.

One of his coaches was on the bag, Josh Gregory (same guy who.used to be the SMU coach around the time Bryson was there?). Odd timing on the firing to say the least. They were talking ahout it on PGA Tour radio today, said they are really good friends and the working relationship was affecting the friendship.

Our first green & green complex is diabolical. Especially for a first timer. Players year in and year out can�t believe how much break and speed there is.

Kim seems like a cool guy, so happy to see him cruise to the win. There are some seriously great rookie of the year candidates this year with Young, Kim, Riley, Perreira and Theegala at the top. Not sure I can remember a year with this many great rookies.

Kim seems like a cool guy, so happy to see him cruise to the win. There are some seriously great rookie of the year candidates this year with Young, Kim, Riley, Perreira and Theegala at the top. Not sure I can remember a year with this many great rookies.

Another aspect of the inherent weakness of LIV Golf. Through the PGAT and related tours, there is a method in place for young players to earn their way into elite status. Nothing like that in LIV. For the most part, LIV players are paid on pass achievement (mostly for long ago), and there is no mechanism for a player to earn his way on to that tour; the primary LIV Tour qualifying criteria is for dopey Greg Norman to like you -- Think how dumb that is. LIV players get ridiculous money upfront and then players show up for three day exhibitions with little incentive to grind. There is no developmental aspect. Just a forum for players to be fat and happy.

Sure, but in that respect the LIV just uses the PGAT as a developmental tour. Then they pay whoever emerges.

Back