• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My new line-up ( gotta try SOMETHING )

HONDO2

Reaction score
Just reviewed all the box scores before CMM returned and like many of you, found both Hudson & Collins played well as well as Wilbekin. I now agree - for whatever reason(s) - that the minutes/playing time and team chemistry got gummed-up when CMM returned. So IMO.....

WHO'S IN - Hudson & Collins

WHO'S OUT - CMM & The Greek

F Hudson
F Collins
C Thomas
G Wilbekin
G Crawford

:wtf::couch:

Who's coming in at the 17 minute mark when Collins has 2 fouls?

It doesn't make a difference at this point who plays or who doesn't play

Definitely a fan of starting Hudson. He has played 25+ minutes in 7 out of 18 games this year.

In those 7 he has the following per 40 minute averages: 17 points, 7 rebounds, 38% 3-PT shooting

In the 11 where he has played less than 25 minutes: 9.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 13% 3-PT shooting

Keep in mind that those are minutes adjusted averages. He's clearly the type of player that needs a lot of run to get things going. His defense is still suspect but so is the rest of the team's so why not.

Through 11 games, Wilbekin is averaging about half the points he did in ACC play last year. He only had 2 scoreless games as a freshman - he has 5 already as a sophomore. He's worse in every single category except free throw percentage. He's shooting under 28% from deep in ACC play.

He's definitely worse, and lately he's been significantly worse. With Codi/Hudson throwing up bricks at the 3 and Dinos riding the bench for extended minutes due to defensive lapses and foul trouble, having a dependable shooter at the 2 spot is absolutely critical to this team.

Definitely a fan of starting Hudson. He has played 25+ minutes in 7 out of 18 games this year.

In those 7 he has the following per 40 minute averages: 17 points, 7 rebounds, 38% 3-PT shooting

In the 11 where he has played less than 25 minutes: 9.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 13% 3-PT shooting

Keep in mind that those are minutes adjusted averages. He's clearly the type of player that needs a lot of run to get things going. His defense is still suspect but so is the rest of the team's so why not.

One way to interpret that data. The other is that Coach Manning doesn't play him as much when he's not playing well.

Through 11 games, Wilbekin is averaging about half the points he did in ACC play last year. He only had 2 scoreless games as a freshman - he has 5 already as a sophomore. He's worse in every single category except free throw percentage. He's shooting under 28% from deep in ACC play.

He's definitely worse, and lately he's been significantly worse. With Codi/Hudson throwing up bricks at the 3 and Dinos riding the bench for extended minutes due to defensive lapses and foul trouble, having a dependable shooter at the 2 spot is absolutely critical to this team.

You could argue he's a big key to our success and a significant part of the reason we've been bad since Dec.

I suggest that we go big and hammer the ball inside. My experiment would be:

DT
Collins
Dinos
Hudson
Crawford

I would play a 1-3-1 zone with Dinos up top and Devin down low.

Since we can't hit 3s, crash the boards.

DM should just go with the pre-conference slate line-up: 9-3 against some pretty stiff competition.

CMM grabs some pine to ride out the season.

You have to tell us which Hudson is showing up.

The one who played more minutes before CMM returned.

Who's coming in at the 17 minute mark when Collins has 2 fouls?

Nobody....he plays thru it.

Wilbekin has played well? In what aspects?

He played better before CMM returned.

It doesn't make a difference at this point who plays or who doesn't play

Maybe but as I said, ya just can't keep trotting out the same line-up hoping it'll be different.

Wilbekin is another guy who seems to benefit from extended run. In games where he plays more than 30 minutes he is shooting 41.7% from 3.

I'd love to see Manning play a couple of games with everyone in the above lineup getting in the 27+ minute range and then bring in a short rotation of Codi, Dinos, Moore off the bench to provide relief.

I'm in for benching Devin and CMM at this point. Fuck them both. They had their shots. Manning is gonna sink or swim with the kids, not the shitty Bzz leftovers, so let them get as many minutes together as possible.

Crawford
Hudson
Dinos
Collins
Moore

Manning seems incredibly averse to changing the starting lineup, but he's shuffled minutes around pretty significantly. Dinos had over 20 minute in 11 of our first 13 games. He's played 20 or less in 4 of our last 7. Hudson saw a reduction in minutes after his poor play in January before he finally bounced back against FSU. Crawford has joined Devin as the only other max-minutes guy.

McClinton and VanHorn were all but dead and have been thrown back into the mix a bit after all the losses.

Mostly our guys are just playing shitty.

One way to interpret that data. The other is that Coach Manning doesn't play him as much when he's not playing well.

Meh, watching the games there doesn't seem to be much connection between Hudson's offensive play and Manning pulling him. He's getting pulled for defense, or not being played for lack of effort in practice. I'm OK with both of those things, but he's not being replaced by anyone who is contributing. Why not throw him out there for 30 minutes and let him play through his bad stretches. Worth a shot at this point.

I've seen enough of Dinos. Wildly inconsistent game to game as the most one-dimentional 6'10" kid I've ever seen at this level.

1-10 :(

There's only 8 games left in the season counting the likely 1st Round ACCT loss, and the next 3 are on the road where we've been historically uncompetitive.

Anything is worth a shot at this point....

I think more people should suggest that we play Collins, Mitoglou, and Thomas at the same time. Let's prove we as fans can have even shittier ideas than the coaches!

Back