• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Barbados

Dkin

Reaction score
Who's been? Cool stuff to see and do?

My grandmother was born and raised there. I went twice when I was a kid, 30 some years ago. I would say tour a sugar cane farm and hit up a couple of rum distilleries for sure.

Honeymooned there- had a blast!

Oh, and the tiny little island was fun too! :)

Best place to stay on the island? Second stop on our honeymoon and I'm supposed to do the research. Help me out.

Just got back from Barbados 2 weeks ago. We stayed at the Hilton...which was great...but wouldn't recommend for honeymoon.

Sandy Lane definitely looks great.

The Crane is amazing...sits up on the cliffs on the east side of the island.

The Lone Star is more of a boutique hotel...beautiful setting on the west side of the island (water is very calm). Ju Ju's Beach Bar is 100 yds south. Great place to relax, drink beer and have a fish 'cutter'. You will only find it if you're on the beach...no access from the road, which is sorta cool.

Let me know what you decide and might be able to help with restaurants.

The Crane is fantastic, honeymooned there then went back last month. Very romantic with great views and friendly people. Recommend the historic building, right on the cliff with a great breeze. A really, really special place.

Bumppppppppp

I booked Sugar Bay for 7 nights earlier this evening, but can cancel if needed. Any additional reviews or recs?

Back