• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Belin changing roles

Good catch. It will be interesting to see who replaces him and it would be interesting to know what precipitated this change in roles.

Interesting in that if you look at the areas we struggled the most that might foreshadow coaching changes, linebacker was probably near the bottom of the list.

That's a pretty steep career slide in a short period of time.

Odd, as his resume is superior to pretty much the entire staff. I wonder if he was just tired of the coaching grind and wanted to do this? If it's a demotion, he must love Wake because he would get a similar job at a lot of places.

Leveraging Panthers ties on the recruiting trail?

I wouldn't consider Director of Recruiting as a demotion. Recruiting is the life blood of a program and he is now in charge of it.

I don't know much about coaching staff's salaries, but I wonder if his pay will be similar, and this is not viewed as a demotion for him. Regardless, it seems like he would be good at this, with his background.

He has recently started following some intriguing prospects on twitter including @YouCanCarry and @carryconcealed.

I wouldn't consider Director of Recruiting as a demotion. Recruiting is the life blood of a program and he is now in charge of it.

Agreed. With somebody like Harbaugh or Saban I could see this being a big-$$ postion. And those are schools that already have tons of cred with the h.s recruits and in many cases coaches who went to that university. Meanwhile, we've got Doug Illing and maybe a few other Wake alums coaching at the h.s. level.

He has recently started following some intriguing prospects on twitter including @YouCanCarry and @carryconcealed.

Two QBs. First is more of shotgun pocket passer. The second operates out of the pistol.

The first one also has a big cannon on his arm and is deadly accurate

I've heard he's not as accurate as he thinks he is particularly in game saving situations.

I saw that Larry McDaniel was just let go at Indiana a few days ago. McDaniel was Clawson's d-line guy at Bowling Green, so I wonder if there is a connection.

Indiana had a bad defense last year and ended up firing Brian Knorr. McDaniel also had 3 of DL recruits decommit during this past recruiting cycle.

Personally, I'd like to see them bring in a new assistant with experience at one of the more elite programs, just to add more P5 experience to the staff.

I saw that Larry McDaniel was just let go at Indiana a few days ago. McDaniel was Clawson's d-line guy at Bowling Green, so I wonder if there is a connection.

Indiana had a bad defense last year and ended up firing Brian Knorr. McDaniel also had 3 of DL recruits decommit during this past recruiting cycle.

Personally, I'd like to see them bring in a new assistant with experience at one of the more elite programs, just to add more P5 experience to the staff.

Wish Grobie had canned Mr. Prevent Defense many times. After watching 2009-2013, not surprised he got canned.

I bet you his pay is the same, but this feels like a demotion. He was one of only two holdovers from the Grobe staff, so wonder if this is a case of him not jiving with what the Clawson group wanted to do. They probably didn't want to fire him because he's an alum, and it looks like this position was open because Asil Mulbah went to Syracuse

Wish Grobie had canned Mr. Prevent Defense many times. After watching 2009-2013, not surprised he got canned.

Not surprised a coach that actually wants to win canned Knorr as their DC.

Wow. This is a big demotion. BIG cut in salary too. Probably at least 50%.

Very sad to hear. The kids loved Belin. He'll likely be making another jump back to coaching sometime very soon. He wants to be a Head Coach some day.

Back