• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

1-on-1 NBA All-Star Tournament

No, they played to 20 by twos, alternating possession after a made shot.

you'd have to have the 3 or curry would be sunk. i do wonder if folks are underrating the fact that curry would be scoring 150% as many points for every one he hits and could get a 2 anytime. i think the gaurds would fare better than people seem to expect here. an lbj 3 int his comp is a bad shot but steph sprinting to the corner for 1 is a good one.

you'd have to have the 3 or curry would be sunk. i do wonder if folks are underrating the fact that curry would be scoring 150% as many points for every one he hits and could get a 2 anytime. i think the gaurds would fare better than people seem to expect here. an lbj 3 int his comp is a bad shot but steph sprinting to the corner for 1 is a good one.

Steph shooting from the locker room is a good shot right now.

I just don't think Steph gets a three off against Kawhi (or Draymond and Bron for that matter). If he doesn't have to worry about screens he can keep Steph from shaking loose for a three. That's going to give Steph a lot of easy layups but Kawhi only needs one steal or block to get the win. Both of those guys should get 2 every time against Steph.

Have 3 levels. Guard, forward, post. Base it on height. 6'4" and under. 6'5 - 6'9". 6'10 and up.

Could massage those numbers a bit for a guy like Durant.

I just don't think Steph gets a three off against Kawhi (or Draymond and Bron for that matter). If he doesn't have to worry about screens he can keep Steph from shaking loose for a three. That's going to give Steph a lot of easy layups but Kawhi only needs one steal or block to get the win. Both of those guys should get 2 every time against Steph.

Come on, bro. Steph's handles are tight. The threat of the three would allow him to get some layups.

His problem is defense.

Come on, bro. Steph's handles are tight. The threat of the three would allow him to get some layups.

His problem is defense.

Right but Westbrook, George, Bron, Kawhi, Durant, and probably Draymond are quick enough and smart enough to make sure that's all he gets.

You also call your own fouls in 1 v. 1 which means Steph is going to get bodied up on the perimeter far more than he normally does.

Westbrook is probably the only guard that has a chance in a 1 v. 1 tourney but I still think he gets abused when he's on defense.

Gonna disagree here. Steph can get his shot against anyone from anywhere right now. Draymond trying to guard him up close in his face would get torched to the basket every time.

I'd honestly rather have a 2v2 tourney, NBA Jam style, unrestricted to matching teammates.

I think Westbrook would do well.
Makeit/takeit Curry would rule if he ever got the ball.
Durant, if he is on, might win.

Last edited:
Curry would be tough but one missed shot and I don't know if he gets the ball back from most of these guys

in 1 on 1 you are guarding a guy and you don't have to worry about someone setting a pick on you or giving up an open shot when you leave your man to help that completely changes the dynamics on defense. someone that is quick enough to stay in front of a guard to prevent a drive (more often than not) and long enough to contest any long shots will give a smaller guard a lot of difficulty. george, leonard and green would all be a very tough match up for someone like curry. he is going to get shots but they will not be easy ones. he would still hit his share since he is the king of hitting tough shots but he also gets a ton of open looks from the gsw's passing game and offensive system.

If LBJ gets his usual 2 extra steps he could take anyone.

The more I think about it, the more I think most of these guys score most every time. Even for the great defenders like Kawhi, PG13, and LeBron, there is just so much space to work that it's almost impossible to chase an NBA elite player around that long.

I like Muggsy if you get the ball at halfcourt.
No dribbles cept him.

I'd honestly rather have a 2v2 tourney, NBA Jam style, unrestricted to matching teammates.

If you're picking your two guys, who do you want? The best two? Or two that complement each other?

I think I'd go with Curry and Anthony Davis.

Back