• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

1-on-1 NBA All-Star Tournament

AnonymousDeac

Reaction score
How awesome would this be? Take maybe 8 guys during the All-Star break and they play in a tournament, games of 2s and 3s to 21. And you know most of them would take it very serious.

1. Lebron James vs 8. Draymond Green
4. James Harden vs 5. Paul George

3. Kevin Durant vs 6. Anthony Davis
2. Kawhi Leonard vs 7. Steph Curry

Who wins? Did I leave anyone out that would have a shot? Obvious lack of small guys but not sure any besides maybe Curry would have a chance. I think Kawhi may be the only one who'd have a chance against Lebron. Maybe Paul George with an outside chance?

I would put Russell in over Draymond.

Obviously LeBron would win, but Durant could cause some problems.

Yeah, Westbrook is high on this list. Davis doesn't seem like he would be that fun matched up against a guard on defense. He's awesome but would get blown by.

LeBron was too afraid to enter the dunk contest for years because he thought he could never live up to the hype. I can't imagine he'd be up for this. Everyone else would see it as a fight for glory. LeBron would see it as the only way he could lose his.

Westbrook is ideal for something like this. I'd say he may be one of the most ideal players to win All-Star MVP with his combination of size and athleticism at PG.

Davis actually plays pretty good D vs guards when switched on pick and roll, see last years playoff series vs GS when he did a way better job on Steph than any other big men. I don't think Lebron would end up winning just because he wouldn't score unless it was a layup or dunk. Durant or Kawhi would be my favorites, and if Durant is on, he wins.

LeBron was too afraid to enter the dunk contest for years because he thought he could never live up to the hype. I can't imagine he'd be up for this. Everyone else would see it as a fight for glory. LeBron would see it as the only way he could lose his.

That's extremely well put.

I don't think Steph would do that well in this actually. He's not stopping any of these guys on the defensive end 1-on-1. Given the height all of these guys have on Steph it's much easier to take away the three when you don't have any screens to worry about.

Yeah. I think the top 3 seeds plus Westbrook would be the favorites.

"If the NBA was on channel five and a bunch of frogs making love were on channel four, I'd watch the frogs – even if they were coming in fuzzy."

PG13 is being overlooked.

It's a stretch to name 5 favorites in an 8 man tournament. Naming four was too much, but it was tough to eliminate either of the four.

someone like Jamal Crawford would do better than expected, he has the most practice.

In 1972 the NBA had a season-long one on one tournament. 6'11" Bob Lanier beat 6'3" Jo Jo White in the finals which was played at halftime of game five of the Knicks/Lakers finals. Some of the matchups were fun, guys like Lanier and Jabbar playing little guards.

Back