• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Senate Races

Stop reading huffpost as gospel. Rubio has been out in front on getting the 1.9 billion of funding for the issue. Dems blocked it, and Rubio eaisly can put up ads with his sponsorship of the bill. Planned Parenthood again, people who don't live in Florida weighing in. I'm guessing you've never driven down abortion alley from Gainesville to Orlando. I've never seen so many anti-abortion signs in my life. Also, the majority of babies born to mothers do not suffer from birth defects. The rate, even from left groups id 1 to 13 percent. Aborting 7/8 of healthy babies, worst case, sure seems like a winner to me.

What utter crap. The GOP trying to kill PP has nothing to do with Zika and the GOP cut what was needed by 40%.

As usual, people don't deal with the reality that ZERO federal dollars fund a SINGLE abortion via PP. You also don't deal with the REALITY that abortions are about 3% of PP's business. PP is the primary caregiver to hundreds of thousands to millions of women.

What utter crap. The GOP trying to kill PP has nothing to do with Zika and the GOP cut what was needed by 40%.

As usual, people don't deal with the reality that ZERO federal dollars fund a SINGLE abortion via PP. You also don't deal with the REALITY that abortions are about 3% of PP's business. PP is the primary caregiver to hundreds of thousands to millions of women.

Can you say naive?

Can you say naive?

I can say TRUTH and ACCURATE....which I was...it's ILLEGAL to spend one penny of government funds on an abortion and you can bet there are dozens of "pro-life" groups looking at every expenditure, at every PP facility.

I really don't remember MfDeacs being such an angry poster. Definitely not siff level angry.

Mf is much calmer than he was a couple of years ago.

You all are aware that when Reagan won 49 states in 1984, R's lost two Senate seats? LBJ, winning 61 percent of the vote, picked up 2 Senate seats.

Most conservative donors have kept their powder dry for the Congressional races. Clinton has outspent Trump 93 million to zero on TV so far.

Don't be surprised to see less coattails for a candidate who is winning largely because she is "not Trump," than you expect.

And split-ticket voting as significantly decreased as the country has become more polarized since the two examples you cited.

You once predicted that opposition to Sonya Sototmayor would flip 2 or 3 seats. Her name recognition is 13 percent. I bet that is higher than people that are voting on Zika voting in any state, including FL, and all of those folks are already partisan and viewing this as a reaffirmation of their stands. No impact.

I see ReturnofMf got nice and worked up early in the morning.

Not Johnson/Weld, 2016. Gold Standard stop being stupid.

OK, that was funny. Took care of my niece (2), brutal. Probably the venom. I don't buy the Gold Standard either. Good post, I laughed and you made a solid point on many Libs.

Actually, when you account for conservative Dems 48-80, split ticket still exists. Obama is really the outlier in his first term. The real R problem is defending too many seats this election, which will be flipped in 2018. Anyway, a stay home election for a party (like Rs in 2016) would really reduce split ticket voting and mirror your hypothesis.

Last edited:
The GOP’s Chances Of Holding The Senate Are Following Trump Downhill

Republicans have also seen their prospects worsen in Pennsylvania. Trump is now down 10 percentage points in the state, a headwind that may be too much for Republican Sen. Pat Toomey to overcome. Toomey, like Ayotte, had been leading in most polls before the conventions. But he has trailed in four of the five polls conducted since the conventions. Toomey’s slide, in particular, should worry Republicans. He has made it clear that he is not a Trump fan and has avoided appearing with Trump when he visits the Keystone State. And yet, their fates still seem tied. It may be that down-ballot Republicans can only do so much to keep themselves from getting swept up in an anti-Trump tide.

Meh. We really haven't seen other Pub senators suffering in the polls like Toomey has been recently. Portman, McCain, Rubio, Heck and Blunt are hanging in there. PA has had a more pronounced Trump effect down ballot than the other states. It ain't no tidal wave yet.

Seems like you missed the entire crux of the article, so I'll just put this here:

senate%20polls_zpsjdjzenws.png

The Feingold campaign caught a conservative activist trying to infiltrate their campaign. She had tried to pull the same stunt on Hillary last year.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrat...e-004426528.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=fb

But when the Feingold campaign tried to vet its latest recruit—standard practice in the age of opposition research—they could find no record of an ‘Allison Moss.’ A Facebook search revealed an account created days before. Her phone number was registered with a New York area code. Her photo matched those of an activist, Allison Maass, caught last year trying to infiltrate the offices of the Hillary Clinton campaign in Iowa.
“I really like, like, women’s health, the environment, that’s something that I’m passionate about,” ‘Moss’ told a campaign staffer when interviewed about her political interests when she returned to the offices Tuesday. “I know in Wisconsin, it’s a big thing, like, union rights, worker’s rights, it’s such a big thing and something that it’s like sad that people in Wisconsin have to fight for stuff like that but Scott Walker has made it just so hard for them.”
But what Maass didn’t appear to know, was that Feingold aides planned a sting of their own, seeking to determine Maass’ true intentions. After a cordial interview in which a campaign staffer asked her about her political interests and past experience, they confronted her about her apparent false identity.
“Allison Moss is my name,” she maintained, according to a recording of the confrontation provided to TIME by the campaign. “If there is a problem with me being here, I can leave…My name is Allison Moss.”
After being prodded again about the false name and her apparent role as “campus correspondent” for the conservative Campus Reform website, Maass clammed up. “Yeah, I’m not going to be answering any questions. So if you want me to leave, I’ll leave. If you want me to stay, I’ll stay.” After refusing to answer several more questions, Maass was asked to leave the office for good.
Voter registration information shows Maass is a registered Republican in Yonkers, N.Y., matching the phone area code.
The Clinton campaign identified Maass, then giving her name as ‘Allison Holmes,’ and at least one other woman last August as having infiltrated among their volunteers and allegedly trying to entrap their supporters in Iowa. One scheme including attempting to pass potentially illegal cash donations onto the campaign.

McCain and Rubio won their primaries easily. No GOP primary penalty for distancing themselves from Trump. Don't see anything to be gained by 'Pubs in blue or purple states by cozying up to Trump. Only real question is how negative they'll go on Trump during the general election.

For all intents and purposes, Rubio declared for 2020 last night - won't commit to serving his full term.

2020 is Kasich's last shot, won't do shit to help Trump in OH. Little Marco's too impatient to wait until 2024, so he'll steer clear of Trump too. Cruz and Walker want back in, but may get wiped out in 2018 before getting to the 2020 starting line.

Barring things going to shit, Hillary will win in 2020.First of all, the country will be less white. Next, other than Daddy Bush and Carter, every POTUS who ran for a second term since 1932 won.

Back