• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Senate Races

South Carolinians are definitely glued to their TV sets watching these hearings and waiting to listen to Lindsey Graham speak for five minutes, so they can decide whether or not to vote for him.

Biff I get that you're not in touch with senior citizens, which is why you will never truly be a man of the people like myself, but I can assure you that thousands of FOX News addicted geriatric South Carolinians are glued to these hearings because they literally have nothing else to do during the pandemic.

So do you really think that will affect their vote ? You just described a part of the population that has almost entirely made up their mind about Graham.

So do you really think that will affect their vote ? You just described a part of the population that has almost entirely made up their mind about Graham.

Graham is in a tough spot because the hardcore Trumpers may not vote for him, due to him and their dear leader falling out several times. I think he's doing anything he can to entice them to actually go to the polls, and to vote for him while they are there.

I didn't realize Biff was Paul Hogan and also have no idea why he threw such a hissy fit about the Georgia lines for elections. No civilized nation should have this type of impediment to voting and the privilege of saying "just check the times on the website!" when not everyone has the luxury of being able to take time off at leisure to spend the time to cast a vote is classic suburban white guy mentality (which isn't surprising).

I didn't realize Biff was Paul Hogan and also have no idea why he threw such a hissy fit about the Georgia lines for elections. No civilized nation should have this type of impediment to voting and the privilege of saying "just check the times on the website!" when not everyone has the luxury of being able to take time off at leisure to spend the time to cast a vote is classic suburban white guy mentality (which isn't surprising).

I threw a "hissy fit" because you bunch of Stacy Abrams wannabees are pointing to long lines on the first day of early voting, on a national holiday, as evidence of systemic racism. Early voting is not an impediment to voting. It is quite the opposite. And if you're too stupid to recognize a website with updated wait times as an aid in voting efficiently, then I can't help you. You are blinded by your biases. People are going to have to carve out a little time to vote in this country and that is a fact of life. Anyone can request an absentee ballot if they'd prefer not to wait in line. You know that.

And stop acting like living in the suburbs is some sort of disadvantage because I can't walk a block out of some shitty 100-year old walkup apartment and go down to some bodega and buy a 6-pack of Heineken for $18. Plenty of black people live in the suburbs too, including 100% of the black people in Cobb County.

For the little it's worth, I had my monthly conversation with my parents a few days ago. They had retired to Myrtle Beach a few years back. They said they were voting this week, and I got the real sense they're ticket splitting. It took them a few years to admit it, but they to an extent realize that Trump is bad and are voting Biden. But my dad seemed kinda offended at how well Harrison is polling and how much money he is bringing in from outside the state, so it sounds like they're voting for Graham.

The 1 good thing I've discovered about the rona is I now have an excuse not to spend Thanksgiving and Xmas with my dad and the 1 sister who both watch Fox 24/7. Thanks rona.

Lindsey is definitely a casual racist, like many of his age and gender - but he's using the ACB hearings as a campaign event and I definitely wouldn't put it past him to use pro-segregation language in attempt to dog whistle the hardcore Trumpers who may think twice about voting for him in SC.

Somebody posted recently that one of the reasons that Graham is in trouble this year is that some diehard SC Trumpites feel that Lindsey hasn't been enough of a true-blue Trumpite for them (how someone could think that is hard to believe), so it wouldn't be surprising if he is using lots of dog-whistle language and statements to try to appeal to some of these voters. What a world.

Last edited:
Not sure if reports are accurate but I can believe some of the most rabid trumpers are down on lindsay. He may be a card carrying, lickspittle, toady today but they keep seeing the video from 4 years ago and see his hypocrisy as well as the 9ther side does. They can't help but think, "he said bad things about our lord and savior so he wasn't with us from the begining."

I threw a "hissy fit" because you bunch of Stacy Abrams wannabees are pointing to long lines on the first day of early voting, on a national holiday, as evidence of systemic racism. Early voting is not an impediment to voting. It is quite the opposite. And if you're too stupid to recognize a website with updated wait times as an aid in voting efficiently, then I can't help you. You are blinded by your biases. People are going to have to carve out a little time to vote in this country and that is a fact of life. Anyone can request an absentee ballot if they'd prefer not to wait in line. You know that.

And stop acting like living in the suburbs is some sort of disadvantage because I can't walk a block out of some shitty 100-year old walkup apartment and go down to some bodega and buy a 6-pack of Heineken for $18. Plenty of black people live in the suburbs too, including 100% of the black people in Cobb County.

I didn't say it was a disadvantage, I said that it's not surprising that a white guy living in the suburbs has the mentality that you do.

Plenty of people weren't just pointing out the systemic racism at play here (which is definitely at play FWIW) but also saying it's absurd that at any point during the polling process that there is a line over an hour long to cast your vote. Vad pointed out that this is not the case in most other advanced countries

I can't even go to Austria right now because our shitty country hasn't been able to handle the coronavirus.

I have a hard time getting up in arms about voting lines when there are three weeks to vote early, there’s Election Day with significantly more precincts, and you can vote by mail.

The GA Senate campaign is just miserable and we’ve got two of them going on.

Republicans are definitely better at political theater

but I can't imagine anybody being moved this qanon endorsement -- weren't they all voting for Loeffler anyways?

Georgia's special election is a jungle primary where everyone running is on the same ballot, regardless of party. So Loeffler is basically competing against Republican Doug Collins for a spot in the run off. And Collins is who Trump wanted appointed to the seat originally. Both were trying to get the QAnon endorsement, according to the AJC.

Well I’ll wait to complain on Election Day too when lines in black areas of Atlanta are massive and backed up but we all know that’s gonna happen. Again.

Well I’ll wait to complain on Election Day too when lines in black areas of Atlanta are massive and backed up but we all know that’s gonna happen. Again.

Well they should have stood in long lines to vote early, amirite?

Okay, but as a heads up, the Board of Commissioners for Fulton County is majority democrat (4-3) and majority black (4-3). Same goes for Dekalb County (6-1 and 4-3). Now if you want to tell them that they're incompetent and incapable of running an election, be my guest. Clayton Clounty is 5-0, 5-0.

Last edited:
I lose track of when Biff defends the state of GA and when he shits on the state.

Back